Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Come on Ffs!! UDA??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 05, 2017, 07:54:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 01:49:28 PM
In or out, Ireland could still trade with EU countries. Plus they could make their own laws and trade deals, instead of being dictated to by Europe, a la the Apple deal.

Nope. If you trade with the EU, the EU sets the rules. If you're out, you have no say in the rules.

Still doesn't mean you can't trade with EU countries though.

On a hugely reduced level, with tariffs and quotas thrown in.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 05, 2017, 07:54:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2017, 01:49:28 PM
In or out, Ireland could still trade with EU countries. Plus they could make their own laws and trade deals, instead of being dictated to by Europe, a la the Apple deal.

Nope. If you trade with the EU, the EU sets the rules. If you're out, you have no say in the rules.

Still doesn't mean you can't trade with EU countries though.

On their terms. If they take a sudden dislike to Irish beef then there's not a whole lot you'd be able to do about it if you were outside the EU.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on December 05, 2017, 08:13:59 PM
Its the Orange Order that has pulled the rug on this agreement. Do people think its the DUP running the show not a chance

Some daft comments on here but this takes the biscuit
Would this comment  from yesterday be a close second?

"Seems the deal will be done, no issues and a lot of hot air from Dublin"

Must be worth a half biscuit? perhaps half a water biscuit?

WT4E

Is the DUP not a bit like a possessive boyfriend trying to hold to his girlfriend.

He knows it's over but he's trying to make himself believe that she still loves him and that she'll eventually change her mind.

IT'S  A bit sad really.

Ps it never happened to me!  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on December 05, 2017, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on December 05, 2017, 08:13:59 PM
Its the Orange Order that has pulled the rug on this agreement. Do people think its the DUP running the show not a chance

Some daft comments on here but this takes the biscuit
Would this comment  from yesterday be a close second?

"Seems the deal will be done, no issues and a lot of hot air from Dublin"

Must be worth a half biscuit? perhaps half a water biscuit?

There was a deal done! They just didn't tell the DUP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

So the orange order has no role to play in politics. Your telling me that the unionist politicians don't consult with the O O leaders about big decisions like this. Do you think the good Friday agreement would have come about without their say...absolutely not.
O O didn't like it so that was that.

general_lee

Quote from: Hereiam on December 05, 2017, 11:47:14 PM
So the orange order has no role to play in politics. Your telling me that the unionist politicians don't consult with the O O leaders about big decisions like this. Do you think the good Friday agreement would have come about without their say...absolutely not.
Wouldn't surprise me. People forget all their senior members are also in the OO

Syferus

Quote from: general_lee on December 06, 2017, 12:08:16 AM

Nothing like SF so.

general_lee

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2017, 12:27:48 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 06, 2017, 12:08:16 AM

Nothing like SF so.
Did I say anything contrary?

heganboy

Interesting question.

Did Brexit voters vote to leave the common market, the customs union and the ECJ?

Or is Tim Shipman right, and are those just notions taken by theresa may and Nick Timothy?

Answers on a post card
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on December 06, 2017, 05:07:26 AM
Interesting question.

Did Brexit voters vote to leave the common market, the customs union and the ECJ?

Or is Tim Shipman right, and are those just notions taken by theresa may and Nick Timothy?

Answers on a post card
I think maybe 10m were "f**k you" votes. 
Did anyone vote for a drop in standard of living.?

thewobbler

When you have a look at how low brow this thread has become, it's increasingly clear that we, the normal people, should neve have been presented with such an important decision as a Brexit referendum.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2017, 06:48:13 AM
When you have a look at how low brow this thread has become, it's increasingly clear that we, the normal people, should neve have been presented with such an important decision as a Brexit referendum.

I dont know plenty here seem more clued up about the consequences than the politicians. Still reckon David Cameron should be roasted for this whole mess which was his making yet he has managed to carry on no probs.

omaghjoe

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2017, 06:48:13 AM

Agreed

Democracy is not a tool for handing power over to the people, it is a tool for making the people believe that they have a say and are thereby appeased.

The real decisions can and should be made by the people who know actually know what is best, which is not the politicians.... their job is too sell the decision to the masses.