Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

No one ever seems to pull them on anything. They get some flak online but nothing that counts  :( They can basically say and do what they want it seems.

They are so insecure in their union they pushed for brexit. I am sure I am not alone in having no doubt in my mind that brexit is to try and push the  divide between the north and the south in the hope of destabilizing any bid for unification.

AhNowRef

Undoubtedly !!

They must have some pitiful idea that they can go back to a 1950s type Stormont or something .. which aint gonna happen but I genuinely believe that this is their "only" reason for pushing Brexit.

Fed up with them saying all sorts of stupid crap and getting away with it without being challenged .. the "Brexit vote is a UK wide vote which cant be broken down into area's" is the most galling as its pathetically Ironic considering how this statelet was created ... Yet not a word from Sin Fein or the SDLP or anyone for that matter...

Do they not see this (seems incredulous  ???) or why else would they not bring it up ?

Milltown Row2

Whether they voted against it or for it it would not have made a difference. As that was going to happen ... they wanted to join the winning team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2016, 02:39:31 PM
Whether they voted against it or for it it would not have made a difference. As that was going to happen ... they wanted to join the winning team

They as in the DUP?

It wouldn't make much difference but look what the SNP are doing and look at how the dup think it's important to honour democracy. * Basically all anyone should look for here as the thing will happen is that they stand up for "their" people.

* when it suits them.

There are a lot of hard questions on how it will impact this place and there are not a lot of people willing to either a) ask them or b) answer them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2016, 03:16:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2016, 02:39:31 PM

They as in the DUP?

It wouldn't make much difference but look what the SNP are doing and look at how the dup think it's important to honour democracy. * Basically all anyone should look for here as the thing will happen is that they stand up for "their" people.

* when it suits them.

There are a lot of hard questions on how it will impact this place and there are not a lot of people willing to either a) ask them or b) answer them.

Well this is it... should things go completely tits up then they will have a lot of questions put to them which will harm some of their vote... but they work on a tribal political front and will get their required numpties to vote them back in...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

nothing ever seems to harm their vote though, nothing...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2016, 03:49:59 PM

Yo the unionists voter what's the alternative??

omagh_gael

One reason they aren't getting torn to shreds about this and other issues (e.g. gay marriage farce by Arlene last week) is that there is a non-aggression pact between themselves and the Shinners. All I heard last week in response to Arlene's, crazy anti-democratic spake on gay marriage was Carol Ni Culin who has a personal oar in the water on that issue. Barely a whimper came from the Sinn Fein over Arlene's claim that the ROI government are interfering in business coming North. There was a Sinn Fein issue that happened relatively recently and the DUP did feck all in response (the exact details escape me at the mo).

imtommygunn

UUP, hell even TUV or PUP are about on a par with them..

Also alliance are on the unionist line of thinking too. Just very moderate unionists.

Hereiam

Is it just me me or is it when you read or hear a DUP statement which has the words "people" or "area" in it, do you always hear the word protestant in your head before each of these words.

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on October 31, 2016, 11:03:38 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 30, 2016, 12:23:48 PM
I see Foster was at her extremist tribal 17th Century best yesterday at the Neanderthal annual conference.

This is the all new, modern, mellow DUP reaching out to Taigs.  Ye wanna have seen the conferences in the 70s and 80s!
In the 70s they were coherent. Not now

seafoid

Brexit might if it turns out to be a disaster for ordinary people
When a political party betrays its voters because of incompetence the repercussions can be severe. Ask FF

Hereiam

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 31, 2016, 04:00:56 PM
One reason they aren't getting torn to shreds about this and other issues (e.g. gay marriage farce by Arlene last week) is that there is a non-aggression pact between themselves and the Shinners. All I heard last week in response to Arlene's, crazy anti-democratic spake on gay marriage was Carol Ni Culin who has a personal oar in the water on that issue. Barely a whimper came from the Sinn Fein over Arlene's claim that the ROI government are interfering in business coming North. There was a Sinn Fein issue that happened relatively recently and the DUP did feck all in response (the exact details escape me at the mo).

I would say you are right OG it is ridiculous the amount of crap that is being said which is going unchallenged. Westminster could be paying extra to all parties just to behave like the little puppets they are.

Hereiam

Up here is different seafoid. Even if the brexit is a disaster and the DUP are replaced by the UUP they will just take up the same stance as the DUP to get the riff raff on their side.

haveaharp

Quote from: seafoid on October 31, 2016, 04:06:40 PM
Brexit might if it turns out to be a disaster for ordinary people
When a political party betrays its voters because of incompetence the repercussions can be severe. Ask FF

DUP voters would rather sit in a pile of their own shite waving a union jack than be prosperous under any other regime.