Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

It's mad hearing James Brexitshire saying on BBC News just now that it will actually strengthen N-S relations.

Minder

What does Seafoid make of Brexit, I would be interested to hear his views on it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 24, 2016, 10:44:04 PM
It's mad hearing James Brexitshire saying on BBC News just now that it will actually strengthen N-S relations.

This could be true,  if all EU coordination measures were replaced by All Ireland ones and there was no customs  before bollix. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2016, 10:57:08 PM

This could be true,  if all EU coordination measures were replaced by All Ireland ones and there was no customs  before bollix. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

It could happen. Certainly there is always an opportunity in a crisis, and this is some crisis. Although given the loopy cast of characters, I wouldn't hold my breath either.
MWWSI 2017

DickyRock

Belgian People are right on this. These agreements are bad.

muppet

Quote from: DickyRock on October 24, 2016, 11:12:07 PM
Belgian People are right on this. These agreements are bad.

Which bits do you particularly dislike Dicky?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2016, 10:59:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2016, 10:57:08 PM

It could happen. Certainly there is always an opportunity in a crisis, and this is some crisis. Although given the loopy cast of characters, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

The very best outcome would be that Brexit doesn't go ahead at all, but that the episode galvanises the nationalist community to ensure that new arrangements are put in place so that it the agreement is locked down. There has to be some chance that Brexit will not go ahead, but as to whether what passes for leader in this country can draw any lessons from it....

muppet

We are aware of the row over whether Parliament will get to vote on the final Brexit deal, but what about the citizens?

What if it is too little Brexit for the Leave people, or too much Brexit for the Remain people, or far more likely, both groups see it that way at the same time? And that is just in England & Wales. What about the Scots and NI?
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Heathrow decision causing a major shit storm. A General Election next Spring has to be a serious possibility - because only the South of England really matters anyway. If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on October 26, 2016, 11:10:35 AM
Heathrow decision causing a major shit storm. A General Election next Spring has to be a serious possibility - because only the South of England really matters anyway. If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

Christ if that happens what is seafoid going to post about? he'll lose a third of his posts!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

He'll start 40 new ones ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 11:17:36 AM
Christ if that happens what is seafoid going to post about? he'll lose a third of his posts!

While Brexit may be cancelled, I'd say this will run and run for a fair while yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

While Brexit may be cancelled, I'd say this will run and run for a fair while yet.

Too be honest I really can't see it being stopped unfortunately and the fall outs since it was announced will take a few years to recover even if it was cancelled.... complete laughing stock!!

I'm talking about seafoid's contribution here  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Heathrow decision causing a major shit storm.

However, Heathrow has one advantage in that Longford is to be removed forever.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2016, 11:41:11 AM

Too be honest I really can't see it being stopped unfortunately and the fall outs since it was announced will take a few years to recover even if it was cancelled.... complete laughing stock!!

I'm talking about seafoid's contribution here  ;D
Would you care to put a tenner on it Milltown ?