Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2016, 02:08:38 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 22, 2016, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2016, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 08, 2016, 06:40:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2016, 06:33:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 08, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2016, 05:58:44 PM
Hows the pound doing today against the Euro??

it is fairly steady the last few days, have you not been looking at Drici's thread? http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27117.15

meanwhile across Europe, others are following the example of the brave British Brexiteers. Not!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/08/brexit-causes-resurgence-in-pro-eu-leanings-across-continent

Nope haven't.... Been too busy getting ready for the world to stop turning

Well you've become 10% poorer relative to me in the last week and that's only the beginning.

I certainly feel it... Been here in London all week on hols..which will be a strange place after brexit kicks in as there will be no one working the hospitality trade, maybe they could help the unemployed get into work, no wait those jobs were always available to everybody....

In Belfast back in the day, the Catholics worked the vast majority of the hospitality trade (and building trade) then they worked out that you'd get more money on the dole!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36864273

But don't worry everyone.  That wise old sage Milltown Row 2 says it's gonna be grand and everyone else is wrong.

And sure, with his knowledge on the subject, he'll be fit to sort the problems anyways.

You did read it?? Shock down turn due to brexit result!! Who'd have thought it, but that was expected and that's a months review... Does a dark cloud follows you everywhere??

I don't need to sort out anyone's problems, I've my family to look after and that's that, the country managed to get through one of the worst recessions ever and people are still living better than our fathers and their fathers... If you're a glass half empty type person then you'll always have a negative view....

The pound in better shape, not as good as the 1.37 but heading back up, lets judge it when we actually leave Europe eh?

Also, this is total bollix.  You've no notion what way it's heading.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on July 23, 2016, 02:39:14 PM

it is fairly steady the last few days, have you not been looking at Drici's thread? http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27117.15

meanwhile across Europe, others are following the example of the brave British Brexiteers. Not!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/08/brexit-causes-resurgence-in-pro-eu-leanings-across-continent

Well you've become 10% poorer relative to me in the last week and that's only the beginning.

I certainly feel it... Been here in London all week on hols..which will be a strange place after brexit kicks in as there will be no one working the hospitality trade, maybe they could help the unemployed get into work, no wait those jobs were always available to everybody....

In Belfast back in the day, the Catholics worked the vast majority of the hospitality trade (and building trade) then they worked out that you'd get more money on the dole!!

But don't worry everyone.  That wise old sage Milltown Row 2 says it's gonna be grand and everyone else is wrong.

And sure, with his knowledge on the subject, he'll be fit to sort the problems anyways.

You did read it?? Shock down turn due to brexit result!! Who'd have thought it, but that was expected and that's a months review... Does a dark cloud follows you everywhere??

I don't need to sort out anyone's problems, I've my family to look after and that's that, the country managed to get through one of the worst recessions ever and people are still living better than our fathers and their fathers... If you're a glass half empty type person then you'll always have a negative view....

The pound in better shape, not as good as the 1.37 but heading back up, lets judge it when we actually leave Europe eh?

There is a thread on it, your speculation is just that, as is mine, you're no expert on this either so you're talking balls...

As for sticking my head in the sand?? I don't never have, I get on with things, being a miserable cnut is not my thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2016, 02:48:58 PM

There is a thread on it, your speculation is just that, as is mine, you're no expert on this either so you're talking balls...

As for sticking my head in the sand?? I don't never have, I get on with things, being a miserable cnut is not my thing

The only difference being that most major businesses, the international markets, most sane politicians across the whole of Europe and a good majority of economists tend to agree with my speculation.  Jamie Bryson and Nigel Farage agree with yours.

Everyone will get on with things.  Some prefer to do it in the real world, not some la la land where we ignore the facts that we don't like.  But whatever works for you I suppose.

Bazil Douglas

[/quote]

Has anyone a notion were this is heading Franko, what would you propose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on July 23, 2016, 02:55:35 PM

The only difference being that most major businesses, the international markets, most sane politicians across the whole of Europe and a good majority of economists tend to agree with my speculation.  Jamie Bryson and Nigel Farage agree with yours.

Everyone will get on with things.  Some prefer to do it in the real world, not some la la land where we ignore the facts that we don't like.  But whatever works for you I suppose.

I never voted for it.... Like most sane people I voted to remain, so again you're talking bollocks, as for doing it in the real world, is that the speculation world you live in?

Its happened, people are still employed world keeps on turning... If it has an impact on your life then I sorry for that that's happened.... People who voted to leave are the ones you should be annoyed at, Cameron for allowing the British voters the chance, and more importantly the experts for mot actually make a bigger noise before brexit than they are now!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2016, 03:23:10 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 23, 2016, 02:55:35 PM

I never voted for it.... Like most sane people I voted to remain, so again you're talking bollocks, as for doing it in the real world, is that the speculation world you live in?

Its happened, people are still employed world keeps on turning... If it has an impact on your life then I sorry for that that's happened.... People who voted to leave are the ones you should be annoyed at, Cameron for allowing the British voters the chance, and more importantly the experts for mot actually make a bigger noise before brexit than they are now!!

Not sure what your first question means, you'll have to clarify?  And I never said you voted for it.

Secondly, we can see through your straw man bullshit.  We know the world keeps turning.  Nobody's suggesting it's not and worse things have, and will continue to happen.  (Though as an aside, it also kept turning after the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs and that didn't work out too well for them - so I'd maybe think twice about using that as your 'everything is fine' datum).

My initial point was that this is going to be an economic disaster (mostly for the people of the 6).  As outlined, most experts agreed and continue to do so.  You however, disagreed.  I've produced evidence to show that not only has it negatively affected the economy but this effect has been 'dramatic'.  And like you say, it hasn't even happened yet.  The sum total of your evidence was some little anecdotal tale about the place you work in.

I, like you, will get on with it.  I won't ignore the unpleasant facts though.  If that makes me 'negative' in your eyes, so be it.  I still prefer to be informed.

PS.
I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed at those who were stupid enough to vote leave, or those who were so lazy as to not vote at all.

Bazil, I don't know.

T Fearon

Brexit is not going to happen.Tories playing for time and will make it an issue in the next General Election and use the vote to justify staying in.It will also kill euroscepticism in Britain once and for all,as no sane person could argue for it from here on in.

imtommygunn

For once i wish you were right. However as usual i think you will be wrong >:(

The real damage won't be apparent for a while yet.

naka

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2016, 07:40:33 PM
Brexit is not going to happen.Tories playing for time and will make it an issue in the next General Election and use the vote to justify staying in.It will also kill euroscepticism in Britain once and for all,as no sane person could argue for it from here on in.
Tbf
Think you hit the nail on the head tony

T Fearon

Check the bookies odds. 2/1 Article 50 to be triggered in first quarter of next year,joint favourite at the same price as "anytime in 2018 or never!". Tories are not going to trigger a catastrophe that will see them decimated at the next General Election.They will wait and spin the dire consequences of triggering Article 50 over the next two years and put it in their manifesto that the believe Britain should stay in EU and when they win the General Election claim this as a mandate for staying in the EU overriding that referendum a few years ago.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2016, 08:21:45 PM
Check the bookies odds. 2/1 Article 50 to be triggered in first quarter of next year,joint favourite at the same price as "anytime in 2018 or never!". Tories are not going to trigger a catastrophe that will see them decimated at the next General Election.They will wait and spin the dire consequences of triggering Article 50 over the next two years and put it in their manifesto that the believe Britain should stay in EU and when they win the General Election claim this as a mandate for staying in the EU overriding that referendum a few years ago.

This is a possibility and if the responsible 6 county parties can delay things by having a legal review or some other stalling mechanism then the more likely it is to happen. Even a signal from the US government that they would like to discuss the implication for the GDA and NI after the new president comes in would delay things.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Guardian reporting that May and the EU are discussing a 7 yr emergency brake on migration with continued single market access for the UK. But no seat at the table.

balladmaker

I was going through passport control at Belfast International Airport yesterday morning, and handed over my Irish passport to a gentleman on the desk.  To quote his exact words to me as he sniggered, "Oh, you've one of those.  Enjoy your dual nationality, you might not have it for long" ... WTF!

grounded

Quote from: balladmaker on July 24, 2016, 12:14:22 PM
I was going through passport control at Belfast International Airport yesterday morning, and handed over my Irish passport to a gentleman on the desk.  To quote his exact words to me as he sniggered, "Oh, you've one of those.  Enjoy your dual nationality, you might not have it for long" ... WTF!

info.desk@bfs.aero or call 02894484848

You should definitely put a letter of complaint in. Pity you never took his name although you would have the flight number, time/date you arrived. Bigoted little prat.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on July 24, 2016, 12:14:22 PM

That's outrageous, I thought those days were gone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B