Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

ISEQ down 2% again today.
Seems the cnuts will drag us down with them >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

£ below $1.30 now, which as someone pointed is the lowest it has been against the dollar since 1776, when the dollar was founded.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

heganboy

Not correct

It was 1.05 in 1985

Credit Suisse have given a 1.22 target on a 180 basis.

Volumes in cable are 50% lower than normal(daily volumes), and the long short ratios don't look optimistic for sterling.

Carney seems to have fired too early. Rate cut priced in and property (C&R) in for a kicking. REITS all disavowing UK exposure.

Commercial and government debt markets suffering badly, ratios there don't make great reading either.

Curious to see if a clear leader in the Tory race will act as a brake, or will the fact that she is gung ho on Brexit simply accelerate the plunge?

Bleak.  Start the infrastructure projects now quick!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on July 06, 2016, 05:11:05 AM
Not correct

It was 1.05 in 1985

Credit Suisse have given a 1.22 target on a 180 basis.

Volumes in cable are 50% lower than normal(daily volumes), and the long short ratios don't look optimistic for sterling.

Carney seems to have fired too early. Rate cut priced in and property (C&R) in for a kicking. REITS all disavowing UK exposure.

Commercial and government debt markets suffering badly, ratios there don't make great reading either.

Curious to see if a clear leader in the Tory race will act as a brake, or will the fact that she is gung ho on Brexit simply accelerate the plunge?

Bleak.  Start the infrastructure projects now quick!
Markets seem to have overreacted as they always do. the US is not in great shape at all. Fed is unable to generate inflation.
the dollar index was up 22% since 2014 recently on the expectation of growth that will not happen. 
The UK could be at an advantage if it plays its cards right and makes the necessary reforms before everyone else

seafoid

The 10 year treasury yield is 1.36%. It will be zero within 18 months

haranguerer

Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Haranguerer and macdanger, do you live in the 6 co's?

I do.

Milltown Row2

If you have a job what actually changes with brexit?? Nothing I assume a bit like the last recession. So all this talk about the pound dollar and euro fluctuating prices is a bit of panic until things settle....

Again seems a lot more southerns are more worried...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Assuming you keep that job in an economic downturn, just off the top of my head, your house price, pension value, opportunities for your children, spending power abroad and down south, free travel and right to work in Europe (incl down south), more arduous security going from here to england, potentially extra checks on the border...

I'd also be a bit intrigued that nothing seemed to change for you in the last recession - pay rises, promotions, job opportunities for you and those close to you as prior? No economic migrants in your circle of friends?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on July 06, 2016, 08:40:53 AM
Assuming you keep that job in an economic downturn, just off the top of my head, your house price, pension value, opportunities for your children, spending power abroad and down south, free travel and right to work in Europe (incl down south), more arduous security going from here to england, potentially extra checks on the border...

I'd also be a bit intrigued that nothing seemed to change for you in the last recession - pay rises, promotions, job opportunities for you and those close to you as prior? No economic migrants in your circle of friends?

Nope I moved to better paying jobs, job I'm in now improved growth over recession... I don't think going down south will be a bother can see actual borders going up if I'm honest.... Pensions were frozen from private sector jobs I had in past (I've 3 different pensions) my Pakistan neighbours both work, engineer and teacher, they also rent out accommodation...

I'm in London this week, didn't have any hassle getting here and why would you coming from n.i?? Again its just scaremongering.... I voted to remain, along with the vast majority of people I know, if you are employable you'll get a job
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Well then, you're probably right, everyone else must be wrong.

No wides

If the immigrants all get kicked out though who will clean Miltown's car!

armaghniac

I think Milltown Row doesn't  care much if they put a minefield on the border,  nothing to do with him. This seems unlikely, unless Gove gets in, but less dynamic obstacles seem possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 08:32:07 AM
If you have a job what actually changes with brexit?? Nothing I assume a bit like the last recession. So all this talk about the pound dollar and euro fluctuating prices is a bit of panic until things settle....

Realistically time will tell. Your summer holidays will probably be a lot dearer short term. What else who knows just yet. it will take months to really pan out.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 08:53:44 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 06, 2016, 08:40:53 AM

Nope I moved to better paying jobs, job I'm in now improved growth over recession... I don't think going down south will be a bother can see actual borders going up if I'm honest.... Pensions were frozen from private sector jobs I had in past (I've 3 different pensions) my Pakistan neighbours both work, engineer and teacher, they also rent out accommodation...

I'm in London this week, didn't have any hassle getting here and why would you coming from n.i?? Again its just scaremongering.... I voted to remain, along with the vast majority of people I know, if you are employable you'll get a job

Well if the industry you work in sells its products into the EU and buys materials from the EU then you've every right to be worried.
The crowd I work with also have a base in Cork which looks an awful lot more lucrative to the pay masters in the US than the one in Belfast and there's an awful lot of similar companies in Belfast in a similar situation and Arlenes posturing doesn't help one bit!

LeoMc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2016, 08:32:07 AM

It will depend on what industry you ar in?
What are your markets?
Where does your raw material come from?
Does the company rely on EU nationals?
Can you absorb an interest rate hike with your mortgage repayments?
Maybe you have no reason to be worried?