Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 09:25:55 AM
Gove in the leadership race now - that's  Boris fucked.  ;D

I would say Theresa May would be the most competent of the runners
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oghams Law

Quote from: front of the mountain on June 30, 2016, 10:01:05 AM
I can see them stalling for time, get propaganda machine in full swing, second vote similar result to Lisbon Treaty

There will be no second vote. Theresa May will be next PM and has already vowed to stand by the ref result.

screenexile

Quote from: AQMP on June 30, 2016, 11:01:37 AM
Quote from: Minder on June 30, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 09:25:55 AM
Gove in the leadership race now - that's  Boris fucked.  ;D

I would say Theresa May would be the most competent of the runners

Looks like after a turbulent week the Tories have realised that Johnson would be a disaster.  Step forward Gove as the "Stop Boris" candidate.

I can't see Gove getting it he's a buffoon as well with his "stop listening to experts" schtick which may work with the working class heroes who got us into this mess but I can't see it working with the Tory Party.

Add to that the fact that he's in bed with Murdoch and Dacre I think will hurt his chances of being the Prime Minister.

It looks like Gove and Boris will knock eachother out leaving the way clear for May. . . she's said sticking by the Public's decision. It will be interesting to see if she follows through on it!

seafoid

Quote from: Oghams Law on June 30, 2016, 10:51:17 AM
I can see them stalling for time, get propaganda machine in full swing, second vote similar result to Lisbon Treaty

There will be no second vote. Theresa May will be next PM and has already vowed to stand by the ref result.
Plámás. If the City wants another vote it will get one

No wides

And after all that has been you believe any of these people?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Johnson pulls out....a few months too late imo
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

armaghniac

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 11:56:22 AM

And after all that has been you believe any of these people?

Boris not to run for Tory leader!
Sadly, he has already done the damage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Estimator

Boris Johnson, announcing he will not stand as Conservative leader says: "Having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances of Parliament I have concluded that person cannot be me."
Ulster League Champions 2009

front of the mountain

David Cameron also said during the campaign he would invoke Article 50 immediately after the election..... I dont know much about May but politicians are all the same say one thing and do the opp if it suits an agenda.

No wides

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 30, 2016, 12:00:09 PM
Johnson pulls out....a few months too late imo

Shock! He would have been incapable of any negotiation, he wanted to inherit the PM's job after he left whilst still in Europe and his leave campaign was just that a campaign to get him noticed, he never thought he could win.

Oghams Law

She is running on a 'no second vote' ticket and being supported by brexiteers. It would be the equivalent on turning around after becoming PM and declaring that she was defecting to labour. There will be no second vote

No wides

Quote from: Oghams Law on June 30, 2016, 12:31:59 PM
She is running on a 'no second vote' ticket and being supported by brexiteers. It would be the equivalent on turning around after becoming PM and declaring that she was defecting to labour. There will be no second vote

You are deluded. 

Ulick

Quote from: Oghams Law on June 30, 2016, 12:31:59 PM

There will have to be a vote in the Brit Parliament. Given the Tories only have a 12 seat majority, passage of that vote is far from guaranteed.

bennydorano

Discussed the Thatcher / Heseltine  / Major scenario of 20 odd years ago last night & I said to my mate, Boris will get not be the next leader, he'll get Judased somewhere along the way  - didn't expect it so soon tbh. Gove is some boy, who is gonna trust him? May has to be a cert. Crabb is one for the future.

Declan