Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 09, 2020, 03:58:06 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2020, 01:25:26 PM
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/09/09/news/is-conor-mckenna-the-only-missing-piece-for-tyrone--2060537/

Decent article, would be wise to maybe play down the return of McKenna considering.
He mentions that there are only two players from the 2013 minor side in the current squad - McShane was in that side too though.

McShane didn't start that day however.

Sean Fox (Ceapach); Colm Byrne (An Eaglais), Rhys Quinn (Cluain Eo), Cillian McCann (Fionntamhnach); Shea Hamill (Domhnach Mor), Christopher Morris (Gallbhaile), Padraig McGirr (Aireagal Chiarain), Ronan Nugent (Gallbhaile), Frank Burns (Cabhan a'Chaotainn), David Mulgrew (Ard Bo), Conor McKenna (An Eaglais), Ruairi McGlone (Achadh Lu), Lee Brennan (Tri Leac) Daire Gallagher  (Tri Leac), Stephen McGrath (Doire Lochain).

Always thought Ronan Nugent is a decent player who has probably deserved an McKenna Cup call up in recent years.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: Angelo on September 10, 2020, 07:08:01 AM
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/09/09/news/is-conor-mckenna-the-only-missing-piece-for-tyrone--2060537/

Decent article, would be wise to maybe play down the return of McKenna considering.
He mentions that there are only two players from the 2013 minor side in the current squad - McShane was in that side too though.

Sean Fox (Ceapach); Colm Byrne (An Eaglais), Rhys Quinn (Cluain Eo), Cillian McCann (Fionntamhnach); Shea Hamill (Domhnach Mor), Christopher Morris (Gallbhaile), Padraig McGirr (Aireagal Chiarain), Ronan Nugent (Gallbhaile), Frank Burns (Cabhan a'Chaotainn), David Mulgrew (Ard Bo), Conor McKenna (An Eaglais), Ruairi McGlone (Achadh Lu), Lee Brennan (Tri Leac) Daire Gallagher  (Tri Leac), Stephen McGrath (Doire Lochain).

Always thought Ronan Nugent is a decent player who has probably deserved an FBD call up in recent years.

Maybe not too many from that squad made it to senior level but some very good footballers all the same who have served their clubs well since then

Pearse Blue

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 10, 2020, 08:19:22 AM

Always thought Ronan Nugent is a decent player who has probably deserved an FBD call up in recent years.

Maybe not too many from that squad made it to senior level but some very good footballers all the same who have served their clubs well since then
Few of them would be worth a call up after the championship

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 10, 2020, 08:45:43 AM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 10, 2020, 08:19:22 AM

Few of them would be worth a call up after the championship
Those players are all 24/25 now. Realistically too late to be looking at giving the seniors a push and trying to establish themselves.
Your future call ups will be coming mostly from the 2019 and 2020 U20 teams.

Pearse Blue

Whats our strongest 15 when whole team is fit? I know McKenna not in yet and Donaghy not even called up yet but the championship he has had warrants him a spot for me..

1. Niall Morgan
2. R Brennen
3. Ronan Mc
4. M Mc Kernan
5. T McCann
6. Hampsey
7. P Harte
8. Brian Kennedy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. M Donnelly
11. Conor McKenna
12. Niall Sludden
13. Darren McCurry
14. Cathal McShane
15. Paul Donaghy

Had hard decisions between McCurry and Bradley
And P Harte and Cassidy

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 10, 2020, 03:47:04 PM
Whats our strongest 15 when whole team is fit? I know McKenna not in yet and Donaghy not even called up yet but the championship he has had warrants him a spot for me..

1. Niall Morgan
2. R Brennen
3. Ronan Mc
4. M Mc Kernan
5. T McCann
6. Hampsey
7. P Harte
8. Brian Kennedy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. M Donnelly
11. Conor McKenna
12. Niall Sludden
13. Darren McCurry
14. Cathal McShane
15. Paul Donaghy

Had hard decisions between McCurry and Bradley
And P Harte and Cassidy

Rafferty was probably our best player in the league and a nailed on starter at corner back.

Donaghy deserves a run but will have it all to prove, I think I'd rather see Colm Cavanagh brought in off the bench to close games out at this stage of his career.

McCann has had a couple of poor years but he's also been injured in that time, looked back to his best v Trillick a fortnight ago.

I'd go with:

1. Morgan
2. Rafferty.
3. McNamee
4. R Brennan
5. McCann
6. Hampsey
7. Burns
8. R Donnelly
9. B Kennedy
10. M Donnelly
11. Sludden
12. McKenna
13. McCurry
14. McShane
15. Harte

There's a lot of options there - guys like Bradley, McGeary, Meyler, Cavanagh, Cassidy and potentially Donaghy and McAliskey to come in.

I thought Niall Kelly and Michael O'Neill have done well in the limited minutes they saw in the McKenna Cup too.

Angelo

Is Paudie McNulty worth another go at county level?

I think he's better than some of the options we have there presently and looked in great shape the other night against Errigal.

square_ball

I'd have thought Kieran McGeary is a nailed on starter too. Is McShane going to be for for the championship? Thought he had surgery a few weeks back.

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on September 10, 2020, 06:36:54 PM
I'd have thought Kieran McGeary is a nailed on starter too. Is McShane going to be for for the championship? Thought he had surgery a few weeks back.

McShane is out for the remainder of the year afaik.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on September 10, 2020, 04:56:44 PM
Is Paudie McNulty worth another go at county level?

I think he's better than some of the options we have there presently and looked in great shape the other night against Errigal.
That relationship has sailed I think

Angelo

Is it from today that county teams can train together again collectively?

Any word on any additions to the panel since the break?

GetOverTheBar

Every county panel from today are insured to restart training. I don't think they are insured for indoor, gym work.

square_ball

D-Day confirmed as Sunday 1st November 1.30 in Ballybofey

tyroneman

Gonna be a massive ask without McShane

Is he likely to be 100% for next season?

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on September 17, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
Gonna be a massive ask without McShane

Is he likely to be 100% for next season?

I'd imagine so by Championship time at least.

He did his ankle in February and it was a 5-8 month recovery timeframe. I'm not sure if the additional surgery he had was in relation to the ankle or a different issue but he underwent surgery on that about a month back so I'd say he should be around at some point in the national league.