explosion in omagh

Started by randomtask, April 02, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 05, 2011, 05:10:46 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 05, 2011, 04:53:47 PM
I think these fellas have more support than we are led to believe over the last few days, and probably have a few secret admirers on this board.
No I can't agree with that. The majority of people on this Island in general and the North in particular do not want to go back to those days. Just look at the electoral support SF and the SDLP get. Why should we as nationalists allow the PSNI to be the armed wing of Unionism...Get in there and make a difference. One thing the peace process has proven is that change can only come from within. There is no place in our society now for this type of attack.

Did you read my post? I am not talking about tens of thousands of people or the "majority" but I would be pretty certain they have their supporters, and more than the half a dozen we are led to believe.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

I heard on some news report over the weekend that PSNI/Garda reckon they have 600-700 members. In addition, they themselves must reckon they have enough "sneaking regarder" support to make it worth their while collecting on the streets.

EC Unique

I think it is time for a message to be sent to them. A good way to start would be to put a stop to collecting money at GAA matches. They should be chased. They stand and collect money and then blow up a member of the GAA. Why should they be allowed to be there?

I for one will be telling them where to go the next time I see them standing begging for bomb money prisoner money.

AQMP

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2011, 05:25:45 PM
I heard on some news report over the weekend that PSNI/Garda reckon they have 600-700 members. In addition, they themselves must reckon they have enough "sneaking regarder" support to make it worth their while collecting on the streets.

Really??!!  I would have thought that was at the high end of the estimates...I hope it is :o

Denn Forever

Are there IRA prisoners?  I thought the GFA meant that IRA prisoners were released? 

Are these collections for prisoners who were incarserated after the GFA and after peace?

Please don't give them any money.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AQMP

Quote from: EC Unique on April 05, 2011, 05:35:08 PM
I think it is time for a message to be sent to them. A good way to start would be to put a stop to collecting money at GAA matches. They should be chased. They stand and collect money and then blow up a member of the GAA. Why should they be allowed to be there?

I for one will be telling them where to go the next time I see them standing begging for bomb money prisoner money.

I sympathise with your feelings EC but I don't think we should get into restricting their "right" to collect.  I hope/trust they're not doing this on GAA property as I think that would contravene GAA regulations.  But absolutely nothing wrong with making your feelings known to them with a few Rooneyesque sentiments.

AQMP

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 05, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Are there IRA prisoners?  I thought the GFA meant that IRA prisoners were released? 

Are these collections for prisoners who were incarserated after the GFA and after peace?

Please don't give them any money.

Not sure Denn.  All prisoners were released "on licence" and this can be revoked.  I'm not sure but there might be the odd pre-GFA prisoners whose licence has been revoked but not many.  There are some Real IRA, Continuity and various off shoot members in clink.

omagh_gael

A way to combat these pricks collecting 'prisoner' money would be to stand next to every single one with a bucket with a picture of young Ronan and collect for a memory fund to show these tramps what we all think of their 'cause.'

Red Rebel

These so called Republicans arent true GAA supporters but parasites who hang around the grounds. its awful to think that GAA supporters are givning money to groups who support and fund attacks against GAA memebrs. GAA supporters need to stand together on this and show these people there not welcome its the least we can do in Ronans memory. RIP Ronan.

Tonto

Quote from: Red Rebel on April 05, 2011, 06:20:21 PM
These so called Republicans arent true GAA supporters but parasites who hang around the grounds. its awful to think that GAA supporters are givning money to groups who support and fund attacks against GAA memebrs. GAA supporters need to stand together on this and show these people there not welcome its the least we can do in Ronans memory. RIP Ronan.
Don't want to seem at all pedantic; but surely it would be awful to think that anyone would fund attacks against anyone, GAA members or not?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tonto on April 05, 2011, 08:35:13 PM
Don't want to seem at all pedantic; but surely it would be awful to think that anyone would fund attacks against anyone, GAA members or not?

Catholics killing Catholics, were will this get them??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: Tonto on April 05, 2011, 08:35:13 PM

You are correct, but it is worth pointing out the hypocrisy of raising money outside a Gaa ground for an organisation that may have killed a Gaa member.
MWWSI 2017

Doogie Browser

It's worth pointing out that the GAA cannot control who stands outside their grounds collecting for any 'cause', most people don't realise who is collecting for what usually.

EC Unique

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 05, 2011, 06:05:46 PM
A way to combat these pricks collecting 'prisoner' money would be to stand next to every single one with a bucket with a picture of young Ronan and collect for a memory fund to show these tramps what we all think of their 'cause.'

Excellent idea.

I have seen them in the past in the carpark at Healy park before you get to the ticket turn styles. Should never happen again. >:(

fitzroyalty

Is it common at many grounds? Seen two lads collecting on Sunday outside Athletic Grounds but didn't get close enough to see what for, though given they were shaking their buckets at the Dublin game I was mindful of what it could have been for (Some cheek on them if it was) Would Armagh city not have much of a dissident element to it anyway?