explosion in omagh

Started by randomtask, April 02, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 06, 2011, 02:25:42 PM
Are any of the 'hard line' political groups taking part in the election? I hope so to see what support they have!

Just the DUP ;)

AQMP

Guardian is reporting a man arrested in Scotland in connection with murder of Ronan Kerr

The Iceman

About 8 years ago I went to Mount Joy road to take back a Stolen Subaru with a few lads. I wonder is it the same fella involved here.... I real rogue and thug in general.... Any names?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

Quote from: Ulick on April 06, 2011, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 05, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Are there IRA prisoners?  I thought the GFA meant that IRA prisoners were released? 

Are these collections for prisoners who were incarserated after the GFA and after peace?

Please don't give them any money.

A couple of points. There a quite a number of republican prisoners at  the moment who are being held on long term remand i.e. they haven't been convicted of anything. Others have had their licence revoked unfairly and others who are just being plain victimised:

http://www.organizedrage.com/2011/03/tribulations-of-brendan-lillis.html

http://www.releasemartincorey.com/

http://www.freegerry.com/

All of these people have families who have lost the main breadwinner through no fault of their own. I for one have made donations and reserve the right to do so in future for whomever I see fit.

Ulick, do you have a way of knowing that your money goes where the sign on the bucket says it goes?

TacadoirArdMhacha

I spoke to somebody this morning who attended the wake last night. They said that a picture of Peter Canavan lifting the Sam Maguire hung above the coffin and that his parents talked of nothing but Gaelic football.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Radda bout yeee

I believe that the coffin was draped in a beragh jersey and psni t shirt side by side! symbolic!!

clarshack

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2011, 03:56:13 PM
About 8 years ago I went to Mount Joy road to take back a Stolen Subaru with a few lads. I wonder is it the same fella involved here.... I real rogue and thug in general.... Any names?

know someone who has just drove passed brocagh's pitch and said there is a lot of activity with police and tv camera's etc - was yer man near the pitch?

omagh_gael

I'm not long back from the funeral. What a moving day it was. There were so many examples of solidarity but one stood out for me and that was at every Marshall point there was one policeman and one maor from the Beragh club. Small point but poignant all the same.

Cardinal Brady made an inspirational speech and Ronan's brother Aaron read a poem that would have brought tears from a stone. How he managed to hold his composure near the end showed remarkable strength.

Overall, it had a watershed feel to it. From Peter Robinson in a catholic service to the GAA working so closely with the PSNI. It truely felt like a historic day in our history. So many things occured that were unimaginable in the not too distant past.

It's just so sad it took something so horrendous to make it occur. I hope you rest in peace Ronan, the huge congregation there today highlighted the impact you made on so many lives.

Finally, with the news filtering through of arrests and arms finds it heartens me to think that the dangerous, evil, cowards that are trying to destroy our society and our kids futures are one step closer to being locked up.

HiMucker

Quote from: Ulick on April 06, 2011, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 05, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Are there IRA prisoners?  I thought the GFA meant that IRA prisoners were released? 

Are these collections for prisoners who were incarserated after the GFA and after peace?

Please don't give them any money.

A couple of points. There a quite a number of republican prisoners at  the moment who are being held on long term remand i.e. they haven't been convicted of anything. Others have had their licence revoked unfairly and others who are just being plain victimised:

http://www.organizedrage.com/2011/03/tribulations-of-brendan-lillis.html

http://www.releasemartincorey.com/

http://www.freegerry.com/

All of these people have families who have lost the main breadwinner through no fault of their own. I for one have made donations and reserve the right to do so in future for whomever I see fit.
Ulick, just a question, so dont crack up with me. But would you condem the murder of young Ronan Kerr as a completely unacceptablle attack against the people of this island?

muppet

Quote from: stonebreaker on April 03, 2011, 10:14:51 PM
An awful tragedy... R.I.P. Ronan Kerr.

But lads... a simple question?

I'm trying to understand, but what has changed since 1994?

18 years ago, the provos (Martin McGuinness and his ilk) would have killed Ronan Kerr with impunity and it would have been the norm and lauded by the republican majority in general. I'm sensing an awful amount of hypocracy here, but does the mantra of 'the new improved' Sinn Fein really hold that much sway among you all? If it's wrong now, was it not wrong then?

I'm genuinely not on the wind up, but really want to understand the mindset. Can anyone talk me through it? Please?

I'll take this particular bait.

Almost every war ends with a treaty or agreement.

In this case the various parties were represented and we all know about the mediation, negotiations, clarifications and eventual agreement. Everyone had their chance to participate and all sides had baggage going into the process.

The baggage was dealt with as part of the Agreement.

The Agreement was put to the voters of the entire island and received an overwhelming mandate. That drew a line under the past and it is why as you put it, 'it is wrong now'.

That is the political reason it is wrong.

I am heartened by the posts here which tell me the vast majority agree it is wrong on every other level too.

MWWSI 2017

Radda bout yeee

ANyone heard a name yet? Will they release a name at all?

Tony Baloney

Just home and watched the funeral. A real sense of this backfiring on the dissidents.

tyrone girl

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 06, 2011, 10:39:45 PM

ANyone heard a name yet? Will they release a name at all?

Not sure when they will release they name. Not many seem to know who it is as the name being put about is not right. The names going about may have been involved also though who knows