Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

I'd say the Errigal management will have to take most of the blame. The team selection was all wrong which was illustrated by the fact that Errigal had made all six substitutes before Trillick made their first.

Couldn't understand why they took Robinson off at HT and replaced him in full forward with Joe Oguz, a midfielder.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: square_ball on October 14, 2019, 10:32:26 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2019, 10:25:03 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 14, 2019, 08:28:18 AM
Never seen more yapping about £8 in my life, holy ghost if yous were that interested you could've went to the game maybe?? Anyway, yous missed f*ck all, it was bad showing from overrated Errigal

It's bringing up the "grab all association" mob. People seem to assume that
1) Everything GAA-related should be free or its against the ethos of the association.
2) Tyrone GAA deliberately mucked up the service after getting the £8 off people.

I had no issue paying the £8 yesterday or the £7 for the two finals last week. I would assume the majority are in the same boat. The fact that it didn't work was the issue. Therefore it's only right people were refunded. I don't think there's any wrong with expecting a refund in that situation.
Shit happens, it's technology isn't going to always work. County board hardly expected it to break down otherwise they wouldn't of set the system up. But the amount of crying on this and on twitter yesterday you'd swear it cost a weeks wages..

square_ball

Absolutely these things happen. It worked perfectly the previous week and didn't this week. At least they have acted quickly and issued refunds. I'd say it was frustration on people's part that led them to giving out so much. But luckily we didn't miss a classic. Their offer of giving us a link for the rerun of the match will unlikely to be taken up by many.

southtyronegael

I thought yesterday's crowd was quite poor.(6000). Would alot of people have tried to watch it online?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 14, 2019, 11:12:43 AM
I thought yesterday's crowd was quite poor.(6000). Would alot of people have tried to watch it online?
Considering the 4/5 parishes that make up Errigal, it probably was a poor attendance.

Hereiam

bigtogs

Worst county Final i was ever at.....Some man from Ballygawley should buy Tiffy a new top....

Tyrone95

Quote from: bigtogs on October 14, 2019, 11:35:09 AM
Worst county Final i was ever at.....Some man from Ballygawley should buy Tiffy a new top....

Hard looked at - Tiffy that is, not the top

WT4E

Eire90

Casuals dont really care about club football its all about the later stages of all ireland an excuse to drink for them

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eire90 on October 14, 2019, 02:04:05 PM
Casuals dont really care about club football its all about the later stages of all ireland an excuse to drink for them

Interesting theory.

Tyrone95

Just heard today we may not have heard the last from the Galbally and Loughmacrory antics from Saturday. Could be a 'few' men facing suspension should video evidence prove anything which is in the county boards hands now. It must have been tarra altogether going by reports  :o 

Moonshine

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 14, 2019, 03:21:23 PM
Just heard today we may not have heard the last from the Galbally and Loughmacrory antics from Saturday. Could be a 'few' men facing suspension should video evidence prove anything which is in the county boards hands now. It must have been tarra altogether going by reports  :o

Heard that too. Was a certain county underage player hungry during game

Localexpert

have been in the pits of despair after the county final 2 weeks ago because we were fully aware that this overrated and still unproven ballygawley team have not warranted the hype. 

This may change in the years ahead but it remains to be seen.  Thankfully the arrogant bunch have been brought down a peg or two with their pitiful performance yesterday. 

They'll probably reply to this when they hammer everyone to win the league on new years day after sticking to the iced lemon water all Christmas. 

Better get the cheque book out again because they haven't won a county title with a club man in charge for 13 years and counting!!!!

square_ball

Quote from: Localexpert on October 14, 2019, 03:46:18 PM
have been in the pits of despair after the county final 2 weeks ago because we were fully aware that this overrated and still unproven ballygawley team have not warranted the hype. 

This may change in the years ahead but it remains to be seen.  Thankfully the arrogant bunch have been brought down a peg or two with their pitiful performance yesterday. 

They'll probably reply to this when they hammer everyone to win the league on new years day after sticking to the iced lemon water all Christmas. 

Better get the cheque book out again because they haven't won a county title with a club man in charge for 13 years and counting!!!!

Was gervins bouncing last night after the grade 2 championship win?