Prince cancels show in HQ

Started by westmayo, June 10, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westmayo

You'd think that 55,000 would be enough heads to get through the gate at over €70 a pop for the cheapest tickets. As was mentioned above probably would have been better for him to do a few shows in the RDS like Springsteen did. Still annoyed at this, being canceled so soon before the show. Wouldn't be the biggest prince fan at, but I was looking forward to the show. I'm sure ticketmaster will be holding on to my booking fee and credit card transaction fee for buying the tickets, don't have the figure at hand at the minute but I'm sure it was close to €10. Not a work for them though 55,000 booking fees tucked away in their bank account.

Hardy

Anyone know how much Croke Park gets for events like this?

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2008, 11:53:11 AM
Then there'll be no Manic Monday ;D

That was the Bangles you muppet  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2008, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2008, 02:16:33 PM
£70 stg......for a standing ticket!
Fcuk me. Are you boys nuts?

Well it is £60  to see Kylie in the Odyssey this month and i would not go to the back door to see her.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2008, 02:20:31 PM
About two years ago I heard the fee for concerts was a flat €1 million plus costs. But that was hearsay...

Dinny Breen

QuoteThat was the Bangles you muppet  Roll Eyes

Ya eejit, Prince wrote that song  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

How many were they expecting to sell anyway?

55,000 seems like a fairly healthy amount. By next week it would probably have been up around 60,000+.

theskull1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2008, 02:58:35 PM
QuoteThat was the Bangles you muppet  Roll Eyes

Ya eejit, Prince wrote that song  ;)

Writing it is one thing...performing it's another ya langer
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

My sources tell me they tried to move it to the RDS but the wee man didnt want that.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2008, 02:20:31 PM

it said in the paper that croke park got  a million euro as a deposit which is non refundable to the promotions company
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hardy

Thanks Hound, Deel. That's great stuff. We get a million and we don't even get the grass tramped. Top marks to the lads in HQ who negotiated that. Coming next - horse racing. Non runners only.

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: westmayo on June 10, 2008, 02:17:12 PM
I'm sure ticketmaster will be holding on to my booking fee and credit card transaction fee for buying the tickets, don't have the figure at hand at the minute but I'm sure it was close to €10.

Think you will get the booking fee back as well from what I heard yesterday.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on June 10, 2008, 02:07:09 PM
Obviously the thick Micks didn't get the press release to say Prince is cool again after his series of sellout gigs at the O2 arena in London last year and that is clearly evidenced by fact that you got a free Sunday newspaper with his latest album all for £1.50.

I can't wait until we have events like this at the Maze ::) ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Maguire01

Just to put the 55,000 figure in context, the capacity for this gig (due to stage/stadium configurations, i assume), was 62,000.

Hound

Heard an MCD guy on the radio yesterday saying the capacity was over 80,000.

It says 62,000 in the Times today alright, but I think thats the seated capacity. They'd get a few thousand on the pitch too (though hardly 18,000!).