world cup draw

Started by whyarerefssobad, November 25, 2007, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyarerefssobad

the draw is on now at 3 have a feeling we are going to get england and all the nightmares that come with it them thugs in croke park
always look on the bright side

magickingdom

anyone know if its on telly?

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

ONeill

The BBC Sport website have live video coverage starting at 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Qatar is the first country out of the pot for the World Cup 2010 qualifying draw.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Muzz

Did anyone notice all week on the bbc sport website there was no preview of the Republic.  I would have thought they still could have done a bit of a right up about it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Muzz on November 25, 2007, 03:37:27 PM
Did anyone notice all week on the bbc sport website there was no preview of the Republic.  I would have thought they still could have done a bit of a right up about it.
why should they?
Had they one on spain or france?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Muzz

Granted not a part of Britain but still a part of the "home nations"

I just thought they could have done a preview like they did for NI, Wales, Scotland and England.

pintsofguinness

QuoteGranted not a part of Britain but still a part of the "home nations"

Home Nations (often written as the common noun home nations) is a term used to refer to the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom — England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland — collectively but as separate entities, distinct from the United Kingdom as a state.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations

J70

Quote from: Muzz on November 25, 2007, 03:40:21 PM
Granted not a part of Britain but still a part of the "home nations"

I just thought they could have done a preview like they did for NI, Wales, Scotland and England.

And then you'd have people on here crying about being considered part of the home nations!

You can't win!

Muzz

QuoteThe term is also used to refer to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (i.e. the whole island: both Northern Ireland and the Republic) together.

Is there a need to be confrontational?  Am I the only one that would have liked to see a preview of the Republic aswell?

pintsofguinness

Did RTE not offer a preview of the Republic?

I'm happy that  the BBC see the south as having nothing to do with them!

J70

Quote from: Muzz on November 25, 2007, 03:47:29 PM
QuoteThe term is also used to refer to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (i.e. the whole island: both Northern Ireland and the Republic) together.

Is there a need to be confrontational?  Am I the only one that would have liked to see a preview of the Republic aswell?

You haven't been here very long (judging by your post count). Let this be a lesson to you when discussing this type of subject on this board in future! :P

GalwayBayBoy

Pot A
Italy
Spain
Germany
Czech Republic
France
Portugal
Netherlands
Croatia
Greece

Pot B
England
Romania
Scotland
Turkey
Bulgaria
Russia
Poland
Sweden
Israel

Pot C
Norway
Ukraine
Serbia
Denmark
Northern Ireland
Republic of Ireland
Finland
Switzerland
Belgium

Pot D
Slovakia
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Hungary
Moldova
Wales
FYR Macedonia
Belarus
Lithuania
Cyprus

Pot E
Georgia
Albania
Slovenia
Latvia
Iceland
Armenia
Austria
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan

Pot F
Liechtenstein
Estonia
Malta
Luxembourg
Montenegro
Andorra
Faroe Islands
San Marino

Muzz

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2007, 03:53:42 PM
Quote from: Muzz on November 25, 2007, 03:47:29 PM

Is there a need to be confrontational?  Am I the only one that would have liked to see a preview of the Republic aswell?

You haven't been here very long (judging by your post count). Let this be a lesson to you when discussing this type of subject on this board in future! :P

Lol I know what you mean - but why only quote half of the wikipedia info?

Anyways not to worry I'm not one to normally state that Ireland is part of Britain or anything else - my gripe was about BBC not doing a preview of Republic as I am sure alot of other Republic supporters would use the BBC website more than any other Irish website for sports news.

Not to worry we are getting off topic.  Lets see how the draw goes!