British and Irish Lions Tour 2013

Started by CorkMan, April 28, 2013, 07:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Yeah, people getting their 'not getting' and 'not liking' mixed up.

AZOffaly

I've commented on it before Michael. I basically don't understand why the concept of 4 international teams combined taking on a single country is such a big deal these days, especially with world cups and autumn internationals where the constituent countries play, and occasionally or more often, beat the same countries. I understand that ir is a huge honour for a player although when lads are literally being selected from the stands out there, and with initial squads of over 40, even that is somewhat diluted. I just feel that the whole thing now is a marketing gimmick by Adidas as much as anything else.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bennydorano on September 18, 2013, 08:47:26 PM
Yeah, people getting their 'not getting' and 'not liking' mixed up.

Pretty sure I know what I mean, but if I'm not sure I'll be sure to ask you. Thanks.

bennydorano

Not getting would imply not understanding, which is clearly not the case, i suggest 'not embracing the concept' for future use.

AZOffaly

Applesisapples

Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 06:35:30 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 18, 2013, 02:11:37 PM
Kenny is an awful bollocks not fit to be a Deputy First Minister let alone Taoiseach. Cameron is much the same.

Work on joining our fine country, not attacking it, Bin Laden.
Not attacking your part of our country, I've met Kenny and been in his company, he is an awful bollocks not fit to be Taoiseach, IMO.

muppet

You can see why BOD was dropped in this footage from Lions RAW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCuODjCXCE
MWWSI 2017

mc_grens

Understandable. Can't be making the welshies look bad like that.