GAA Outreach in Action...

Started by Evil Genius, June 05, 2012, 01:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

A lot of straying from the point going on here. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 24, 2013, 08:37:13 PM
Barry Rogerson: Newcastle United fan who punched police horse jailed for 12 months

He was sentenced to 12 months behind bars - despite his public apology - and was banned from football grounds for six years
The football thug who punched a police horse was jailed today after a judge saw video footage of him getting ready to pounce "like a boxer".
He was captured on film throwing a right hook at West Yorkshire Police Shire cross "Bud" during the soccer riot which followed Newcastle United's 3-0 defeat to arch rivals Sunderland in April.

Video footage shown to His Honour Judge Paul Sloan showed dad-of-one Rogerson, 45, standing with his fists pumping like a prize-fighter before launching his blow at the horse's head.

So if you get a year for punching a horse during a semi riot, how many years do you get for attacking the police with a sword or battering them with bricks, should the fleggers not feel the full force of UK law they hold so dear and want to be a part of??

That horse has some serious friends in high places weasel

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 24, 2013, 08:37:13 PM
Barry Rogerson: Newcastle United fan who punched police horse jailed for 12 months

He was sentenced to 12 months behind bars - despite his public apology - and was banned from football grounds for six years
The football thug who punched a police horse was jailed today after a judge saw video footage of him getting ready to pounce "like a boxer".
He was captured on film throwing a right hook at West Yorkshire Police Shire cross "Bud" during the soccer riot which followed Newcastle United's 3-0 defeat to arch rivals Sunderland in April.

Video footage shown to His Honour Judge Paul Sloan showed dad-of-one Rogerson, 45, standing with his fists pumping like a prize-fighter before launching his blow at the horse's head.

So if you get a year for punching a horse during a semi riot, how many years do you get for attacking the police with a sword or battering them with bricks, should the fleggers not feel the full force of UK law they hold so dear and want to be a part of??

I hope the GAA formally distance themselves from this incident.  Otherwise their Equine Outreach program will be jeopardised.

/Jim.

red hander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 24, 2013, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 24, 2013, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2013, 11:14:38 AM
You only felt threatened by the IRA and nobody else because...

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 23, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
I was too young to be targeted  by loyalists, but I wasn't too young to be caught up in a no warning bomb.

OK so ignoring the facts that:

- Loyalists planted countless no warning bombs
- Loyalists/security forces between them were responsible for many more children's deaths than the IRA (almost twice as many)

Can I also ask, were loyalists/security forces no threat to your older family members and neighbours, or was your only concern for yourself?
I said that loyalists planted many fewer no warning bombs than the provos, not that loyalists didn't plant any no warning bombs. Go read the post again.

Likewise, read this:
'Of that list, only the IRA was a threat to me personally. The others were more of a threat to my father and older members of my family, but IRA bombs killed children too.' Your wee fingers are so desperate to get typing your responses, that you don't stop to read what's been posted. Or, you just make up your own version. Which is it?

You said you did not fear the security forces and that they were no threat to you or your family. Would that be the same security forces who colluded so deeply with loyalists in order to carry out the attacks which you saw as a threat to older family members? Odd that you didn't fear such a threat.

You also said that "only the IRA" was a threat to you personally. Surely the fact that combined loyalists & security forces killed almost twice as many children as the IRA did, means that the IRA was not the only threat?
The level of collusion wasn't understood by the general public in those early days, so your point is only valid with the benefit of hindsight.

Absolute balls ... and incredibly patronising to the 'general public'.

Everybody and his wife knows that collusion by the Brits was a tactic they employed in every corner of their ill-gotten empire that had the temerity to resist occupation, from the establishment of pseudo-paramilitary bodies (UDR anybody?) to help keep the population down to actively backing murder gangs (UFF/UVF) that toed the Brit line, just substitute this place for Kenya, Malaya etc.

Aye, wear your poppy with pride when you remember the brave British service personnel who invented the concentration camp, bombed uppity Arabs in the Middle East with chemical weapons after WWI, and if you think nothing has changed, read this week's papers about the court martial of three brave Royal Marines who murdered a Taliban prisoner in Afghanistan