Osama Dead

Started by Denn Forever, May 02, 2011, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

I don't beleive it for a second lads. And even if he is, there are still going to be soldiers over there, getting killed daily. Sure wasnt the war on terror 'won' when Bush gave a mission accomplished speech? Or when Saddam Husain was killed? How many years ago were those, and how many US and Brit soldiers have been dying since? This doesnt change anything I reckon.

ballinaman

screenmachine

Imagine taking the Bins out on a Bank Holiday...That's dedication for ye...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

leenie

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2011, 09:15:14 AM
Fair play to them for waiting till after the wedding,Sky News would have exploded if it happened Friday.
:D :D :D

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Blowitupref

Quote from: mannix on May 02, 2011, 01:34:20 PM
glad he is dead, watching the tv as i write and seeing the cheering,smiling in america. they are talking about "closure" and the elite american soldiers taking him out. wonder who will star as osama when the movie is planned?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tubberman

Quote from: mannix on May 02, 2011, 01:34:20 PM
glad he is dead, watching the tv as i write and seeing the cheering,smiling in america. they are talking about "closure" and the elite american soldiers taking him out. wonder who will star as osama when the movie is planned?

With that beautiful, melodic chant of "USA! USA! USA!"
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

brokencrossbar1

Did I see a lad in a Tyrone jersey in the middle of all the cheering?

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2011, 01:36:54 PM
Check out the 10 year chart . Gold in dollar prices.
The US has been driven to the loss of its AAA rating by the War on terror. It just can't afford to go on.

http://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

This is a major coup for Obama, like it or not.

Apparently the US were observing this compound since last summer. I have no doubt that the timing was politically motivated, as everything seems to be these days, but either way this is Obama completing a job Bush promised and failed to do.

Now there is no real reason to be in Afghanistan and as he personally voted against the war in Iraq, he can wash his hands of that too while pointing at the failure of his predecessor. He can now pull out of both claiming he finished Bush's mission if Afghanistan and he is not continuing to pursue the Neo-Con's disastrous war in Iraq.

The filling of the Islamic/political vacuum in that part of the world will be worth keeping a very close eye on in the near future. That is the real danger and the legacy of Bush's rush into two wars there.

BTW is it just me or, is it ironic that after 911 was used to justify attacks on 2 countries due to the war on terror, the 911 terrorists were from neither country and Bin Laden was in Pakistan?
MWWSI 2017

Aaron Boone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 02, 2011, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2011, 01:36:54 PM
Check out the 10 year chart . Gold in dollar prices.
The US has been driven to the loss of its AAA rating by the War on terror. It just can't afford to go on.

http://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

This is a major coup for Obama, like it or not.

Apparently the US were observing this compound since last summer. I have no doubt that the timing was politically motivated, as everything seems to be these days, but either way this is Obama completing a job Bush promised and failed to do.

Now there is no real reason to be in Afghanistan and as he personally voted against the war in Iraq, he can wash his hands of that too while pointing at the failure of his predecessor. He can now pull out of both claiming he finished Bush's mission if Afghanistan and he is not continuing to pursue the Neo-Con's disastrous war in Iraq.

The filling of the Islamic/political vacuum in that part of the world will be worth keeping a very close eye on in the near future. That is the real danger and the legacy of Bush's rush into two wars there.

BTW is it just me or, is it ironic that after 911 was used to justify attacks on 2 countries due to the war on terror, the 911 terrorists were from neither country and Bin Laden was in Pakistan?

This was my favourite line from today :

After 9/11 the Americans burnt down the entire barn just to find one rat.