Osama Dead

Started by Denn Forever, May 02, 2011, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Very ostentatious speech by Obama, the whole 'at my direction' piece just reeks of arrogance and of a man on purely a PR mission.  He seems so fabricated and fake in front of the camera, moreso than any of the recent US Presidents.  I was surprised to hear him say that they wanted to capture or kill Bin Laden, I don't think it is something that should be really coming out of a World Leaders mouth to be honest. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

He'll be missed, I don't think we'll ever see a World Hide and Seek Champion like him again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thejuice

Looks like we wont be seeing any photos of his body as they don't want to offend muslims. It's surely a bit late to start worrying about that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: Tubberman on May 02, 2011, 10:14:54 AM
This pic has been doing the rounds on the web - not officially verified yet though. Looks photoshopped to me

He looks like he went to extra time with the Kilkenny hurlers.

stephenite

Perfect timing. I knew Obama would do it.
Yes we can

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 02, 2011, 12:17:17 PM
Very ostentatious speech by Obama, the whole 'at my direction' piece just reeks of arrogance and of a man on purely a PR mission.  He seems so fabricated and fake in front of the camera, moreso than any of the recent US Presidents.  I was surprised to hear him say that they wanted to capture or kill Bin Laden, I don't think it is something that should be really coming out of a World Leaders mouth to be honest.

Sorry but I'd have to disagree. There are people in the US who still think Barack Obama is some sort of muslim terrorist. You have to spell things out to them at times. This person is dead because he refused to give himself up when he was caught. Him and his organisation didn't afford thousands of innocent people the same courtesy or respect. It is a good day for the USA and its good for Obama who some sections of the US media would have tried to paint as "soft" on national security.

Also - can you imagine if McCain/Palin were in the White House on this day?

More than anything, today should be for people to remember those who perished in the terrible atrocities perpetrated by Al-Quaeda under Bin Laden's stewardship. People being people will celebrate Bin Laden's death and its hard to blame them but it would be better today to remember the victims and hope for it to never happen again to anyone.

Trout

Gaa Board poster boys, Hamas, are not too happy. Describing it as an "assassination" of a "holy Arab warrior"..
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

screenmachine

By saying buried at sea I presume we mean fucked out of the helicopter on the way home?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Trout on May 02, 2011, 12:43:30 PM
Gaa Board poster boys, Hamas, are not too happy. Describing it as an "assassination" of a "holy Arab warrior"..

I didn't realise you loved Hamas so much as to put posters up of them in your bedroom. Interesting

ballinaman

Prince Harry reported missing after secret fancy dress party in Pakistan

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on May 02, 2011, 01:20:40 PM

Brilliant!

The Gs Man

Quote from: ballinaman on May 02, 2011, 01:20:40 PM

:D :D Classic!
Keep 'er lit

mannix

glad he is dead, watching the tv as i write and seeing the cheering,smiling in america. they are talking about "closure" and the elite american soldiers taking him out. wonder who will star as osama when the movie is planned?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mannix on May 02, 2011, 01:34:20 PM
glad he is dead, watching the tv as i write and seeing the cheering,smiling in america. they are talking about "closure" and the elite american soldiers taking him out. wonder who will star as osama when the movie is planned?

But is he dead?!  ;)

seafoid

Check out the 10 year chart . Gold in dollar prices.
The US has been driven to the loss of its AAA rating by the War on terror. It just can't afford to go on.

http://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU