6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 23, 2010, 11:42:39 PM
I wish someone would tell Gerry that it's Westminster and not Westminister.

Read that in the Irish News as well but can't say I noticed it last night. Think I probably say it like that myself bit sure at the end of the day it's some place over there so who gives a f**k.

cabra_harps

I didn't even notice that actually, not that it matters much though. I see there's a typical SF/SDLP debate started in the room already tho, that didn't take long! What was the craic with the guy in Afghanistan though? That came across wile!

reddgnhand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 07:34:32 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2010, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
Quote from: cabra_harps on April 23, 2010, 01:28:06 AM
Aye I was rthinkin same thing, that came out of nowhere. He didnt half keep battering away about it either!
yeah and it had nothing to do with the election either.  He's an asshole of the highest order

How does a relevation about the political sympathies of a major party in the North have "nothing to do with the election."
What, 1 MLA was in Iraq to see what British forces were doing?  How does that translate into " the political sympathies of a major party in the North"?  What has Iraq got to do with the election here?  Are there not many more far more important things for the electorate to judge people on?  Like, if a politician has/had links with murdering b**tards?  Or if they repeatedly lie about their background?  Or what about economics?  no, none of that matters to the provos

No doubt I'll not get a response to this because you are too mature and intelligent to reply to me of late but I'll reply to your post anyway. Whether you accept it or not, the IRA were only one side in the conflict in Ireland. The British Army were another. As a result, a member of the stoops running away to Afghanistan courtesy of the MoD IS an issue of relevance.
Only to stupid shinners who can't see what really matters like hospitals, the health service, the economy and actually helping constituents with problems that they have.  This shit of abstentionism they only adopt for Westminster now, they have gladly accepted their role in the administration of the north as partners along with the DUP.  To say there is no difference between sitting in 1 British establishment and another is such bullshit only a shinner could have come out with it.

As someone else said, they are only out for themselves.  I was out when they called to seek my vote and I really wish I hadn't been.  Shower of shit

Why what would you have done had you been at home?

Ulick

Sprinkled Holy Water on them no doubt.

Ulick

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2010, 08:57:50 AM
Rolling your eyes doesn't really pass for political debate ardmhachaabu. I think it was actually Afghanistan Adams mentioned rather than Iraq. In any case, the point still stands, its relevant and its a perfectly legitimate topic for political discussion. Both economics and Adams links to the IRA were discussed in the debate last night so I don't really understand what your gripe is.
What difference does Afghanistan or Iraq have to people in the north? 

Incidentally, following Adams's words like a sheep doesn't mean you are engaging in political debate.  It means you are a sheep who can't think for yourself

Baaaaa

Surely thousands of innocent civilians dying for no justifiable reason is of interest to any right thinking person in the 6 counties? Could you explain to me why everybody in the north shouldn't care?

And as for your final remarks, I think its worth pointing out that my publically stated position on this board is that I refuse to vote for Sinn Féin on a point of principle, a similar position to the one I took up at the last election.

Of course, I realise it may be somewhat difficult for you to understand that refusing to adhere to your vehemently anti-SF position doesn't automatically make me one of Adams' acolytes.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 24, 2010, 03:03:36 AM
Surely thousands of innocent civilians dying for no justifiable reason is of interest to any right thinking person in the 6 counties? Could you explain to me why everybody in the north shouldn't care?

And as for your final remarks, I think its worth pointing out that my publically stated position on this board is that I refuse to vote for Sinn Féin on a point of principle, a similar position to the one I took up at the last election.

Of course, I realise it may be somewhat difficult for you to understand that refusing to adhere to your vehemently anti-SF position doesn't automatically make me one of Adams' acolytes.
TAM, I am not saying that people shouldn't care about innocent civilians dying, I just think that there are more important political issues which face the electorate here which are being ignored over throwaway comments from Adams which have yet to be quantified.  I mean, what exactly was the nature of the visit?  Who issued the invitation?  Has anyone asked the MLA concerned what his thinking was?  All I have seen on here are people repeating what Adams said like sheep

I hve never seen your stated position on shinners before and i will admit I assumed you were another of the armchair brigade on here.  Apologies for that

reddgnhand  Why do you assume I wouldn't say directly to any of them what I have said on here about them?  I have quite a few times.  I wouldn't say something here I wouldn't say to any of their faces
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Aoise

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 24, 2010, 09:26:40 AM

TAM, I am not saying that people shouldn't care about innocent civilians dying, I just think that there are more important political issues which face the electorate here which are being ignored over throwaway comments from Adams which have yet to be quantified.  I mean, what exactly was the nature of the visit?  Who issued the invitation?  Has anyone asked the MLA concerned what his thinking was?  All I have seen on here are people repeating what Adams said like sheep

I hve never seen your stated position on shinners before and i will admit I assumed you were another of the armchair brigade on here.  Apologies for that
reddgnhand  Why do you assume I wouldn't say directly to any of them what I have said on here about them?  I have quite a few times.  I wouldn't say something here I wouldn't say to any of their faces

Do you not realise that you are insulting so many people's intelligence with your ascertions that those who vote for SF cannot think for themselves.  I know many who do and those people do not just accept SF policies to the letter but instead have a mature debate on the merits of policies.
You seem to have so much disdain for SF and their voters but I wonder have you ever gone to any of their public debates and insulted their members in a public arena, which there have been many occasions to do over the last few months, or are you just happy enough to sit behind a computer screen protected by anonymity to make your vile and hate filled points?

BTW I was at one of these meetings and Adams was questioned on many issues, some not always agreed with but there was mature discussion none the less - something severely lacking in your posts!

ardmhachaabu

Aoise, I refer you to what I said already
  I wouldn't say something here I wouldn't say to any of their faces
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

reddgnhand

I didnt assume anything I was interested in what the conversation might be on your doorstep had you been at home thats all.

Gaffer

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2010, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:08:58 PM
I will never respect murderers, liars and thieves

AGAIN A MATURE RESPONSE Please try to engage in debate some day will you??

Though I'm glad we're finally getting back to the original topic of discussion (the MoD/British Army). Would you then condemn the sdlp's involvement with these murderers, liars and thiefs through their man in Afghan?

Sinn Fein would know plenty about being involved with murderers, liars and thieves. Think IRA !!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Doogie Browser

In Derry the Voters can opt for Carmela Soprano...

Martina Anderson

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 30, 2010, 09:35:28 AM
In Derry the Voters can opt for Carmela Soprano...

Martina Anderson

Martina only looks good beside Bairbre and Mary Lou
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

glens abu

Quote from: reddgnhand on April 24, 2010, 01:36:03 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 07:34:32 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2010, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 23, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
Quote from: cabra_harps on April 23, 2010, 01:28:06 AM
Aye I was rthinkin same thing, that came out of nowhere. He didnt half keep battering away about it either!
yeah and it had nothing to do with the election either.  He's an asshole of the highest order

How does a relevation about the political sympathies of a major party in the North have "nothing to do with the election."
What, 1 MLA was in Iraq to see what British forces were doing?  How does that translate into " the political sympathies of a major party in the North"?  What has Iraq got to do with the election here?  Are there not many more far more important things for the electorate to judge people on?  Like, if a politician has/had links with murdering b**tards?  Or if they repeatedly lie about their background?  Or what about economics?  no, none of that matters to the provos

No doubt I'll not get a response to this because you are too mature and intelligent to reply to me of late but I'll reply to your post anyway. Whether you accept it or not, the IRA were only one side in the conflict in Ireland. The British Army were another. As a result, a member of the stoops running away to Afghanistan courtesy of the MoD IS an issue of relevance.
Only to stupid shinners who can't see what really matters like hospitals, the health service, the economy and actually helping constituents with problems that they have.  This shit of abstentionism they only adopt for Westminster now, they have gladly accepted their role in the administration of the north as partners along with the DUP.  To say there is no difference between sitting in 1 British establishment and another is such bullshit only a shinner could have come out with it.

As someone else said, they are only out for themselves.  I was out when they called to seek my vote and I really wish I hadn't been.  Shower of shit

Why what would you have done had you been at home?

he takes after his uncle,talks a good game then runs away

Canalman

Saw a cracking debate on TV last night between Ian Paisley jnr and (I think) Jim Alister....... boy do they despise each other. Magnificent stuff. The SFer and SDLP lads also went at each other but not a patch on the other two.

The host couldn't control them at all. Have to say IP Jnr didn't come out of it too bad.