Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 01:23:33 AM
So Chelsea can pack dustbins around their penalty area with technical skill and much athleticism, credible effort no doubt but not the stuff of champions.
Champions go out and play the game without fear along with great skill matched by supreme discipline.
Barca are worthy champions of Europe and thank feck the rest of us did not have to witness Chelsea and Man U in the final.

Why not? That was a great final in 2008.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 28, 2009, 12:58:17 AM
Quote from: slow corner back on May 28, 2009, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 28, 2009, 12:13:22 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 28, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
Uniited picked a bad night to play their worse football of the season.

utd have played like this in a lot of games this year. its just that wigan, hull, stoke etc dont have messi, henry, iniesta and xavi. utd lost most of the big games against the big teams. they were able to beat the shit better than liverpool could. imo liverpol are a more complete side than utd - just unlucky that several home draws (the games that utd always seem to win at a canter) cost them dearly.

Utds record in europe over 3 seasons, 38 games played, 2 defeats, Milan in semi 2007 and Barca final 2009. Far and away the most consistent record in Europe and three EPL to add to it. Loserpool more complete, I dont think so, add up the trophies over the last three seasons and see where u get. Wear ur Barca shirt with pride cause ur loserpool, one will have to hang ion the back of the cupboard for a good while yet

There's an angry man. ;D

"Loserpool"!

What is he, 12 years old! :D :D

deiseach

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 27, 2009, 10:14:02 PM
It turns out I was right by a country mile and to be quite frank I am not surprised. It wasn't even close.

Yes you were, and I'm delighted! ;D

Hound

4 years in a row:
- an English team lost in the final

Spanish teams now top the table of wins with 12, England and Italy have 11 each.

Declan

Best team won alright and Utd were just outclassed over the 90 mins. As the great man says goals dictate games and Etoo's finish was clinical and gave Barca the confidence they needed after a very bright start by Utd. Anderson, Vidic and Evra were poor for the goal. Carrick at least tried to get back but he ran past Evra to try and get a block in and thought VDS could have got a stronger hand on it. Second goal was bad by Ronaldo who didn't bother his hole after missing the kick out and Xavis and Messi's genius - beautiful finish. Overall Barca play the game the way I love to see it being played. Was there a pass longer than 15/20 yards from them? Messi is the real deal and look forward to watching him over the next few years. Xavi and Iniesta are fantastic as well and the closest thing I've ever seen to them are Giles and Bremner in their pomp!! Two small men who control the pace and tempo of the game. Great to watch.

Yes I Would

Quote from: full back on May 28, 2009, 08:07:09 AM
Where the fcuk do you start?

Congratulations to the truly deserved champions of Europe!!

Some exhibition of controlled passing by Barca. Technically streets ahead of Utd, and will leave Whiskey snout with quite a bit of reflection.  Could have been 4 or 5, with Utd really creating zilch, with Ronaldo having a go any time he entered Barcas half with team mates often unmarked and in much more dangerous positions.  Rooney just never got going, and really no Utd player performed. Even the ever relaible Vidic looked dodgy.

Hound

stats:

Number of times Rooney and Ronaldo passed to each other: 2   :-\
Number of times Messi and Etoo passed to each other: 10

EC Unique

Fair play to Barca. By far the best team on the night. Utd all over them until the goal but after that it was one way traffic. The most disappointing thing is that Utd did not do themselves justice but fair play to the team they have give their supporters a great 3 years.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: slow corner back on May 28, 2009, 12:34:24 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 28, 2009, 12:13:22 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 28, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
Uniited picked a bad night to play their worse football of the season.

utd have played like this in a lot of games this year. its just that wigan, hull, stoke etc dont have messi, henry, iniesta and xavi. utd lost most of the big games against the big teams. they were able to beat the shit better than liverpool could. imo liverpol are a more complete side than utd - just unlucky that several home draws (the games that utd always seem to win at a canter) cost them dearly.

Utds record in europe over 3 seasons, 38 games played, 2 defeats, Milan in semi 2007 and Barca final 2009. Far and away the most consistent record in Europe and three EPL to add to it. Loserpool more complete, I dont think so, add up the trophies over the last three seasons and see where u get. Wear ur Barca shirt with pride cause ur loserpool, one will have to hang ion the back of the cupboard for a good while yet

Loserpool?  :D

Back away from the screen before you make an even bigger tit of yourself.

EC Unique

Was good to see Fergie taking the defeat in the proper way. He showed that bit of class that other managers could learn from. But then some other managers will never have class. :-\

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on May 28, 2009, 09:43:51 AM
Was good to see Fergie taking the defeat in the proper way. He showed that bit of class that other managers could learn from. But then some other managers will never have class. :-\

Like he did on March 14.  ;D :D ;D :D