Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

On that note Pat, the Barca fans were terrific tonight, never stopped chanting.

bingobus

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 27, 2009, 10:50:47 PM
Quote from: bingobus on May 27, 2009, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: Bensars on May 27, 2009, 10:34:47 PM
Im not a united supporter but all this liverpool crap is juvenille.

LIVERPOOL were not playing tonight !

f**k them, they spent half the season on the Liverpool thread gloating and putting the boot into Rafa.

Whiskey Nose was taught a lesson tonight by a young pup. Not one United player would have got on the Barca team. Masch wouldn't have let them take the piss like that. Maybe United should have played the team that beat Hull  ;D  ;D

"Sir" Bob Paisley - 3 time European Cup winner.

Freestater complains about perceived slight in the Queen of England's honours list.

Do please behave with this Freestater shite and I'll ca;; him what I like, when I like. Typical nordie has to try and take politics into an argument. Build a bridge.

clarshack

imo best team peformance in a cl final since milan beat barca 4-0 back in '94. how much would iniesta, xavi and messi get on the transfer market? messi is so much like maradona its scary!

Main Street

A relief that the rubbish about the Barca defense has stopped ;D  they had feck all to do anyway, Puyol had the luxury to be more like an attacking midfielder.
I enjoyed that game. Man U were made to look crap and inept.
Puyol is my hero,  real inspiration runs through ever fibre of his body and he is just one of the extras at this time of his career.
I'm biased but I though Messi edged the MOTM, tough call though

corn02

Quote from: clarshack on May 27, 2009, 11:13:31 PM
imo best team peformance in a cl final since milan beat barca 4-0 back in '94. how much would iniesta, xavi and messi get on the transfer market? messi is so much like maradona its scary!

Would have to agree, it was a superb performance.

Aaron Boone

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 27, 2009, 11:18:59 PM
Why do they have Unicef on their shirts?

Barca dont have sponsors they have a charity on their shirts...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Bensars

Traditionally never had a sponsor as it was regarded as sacrillage (sp) to the jersey.

Now they donate to unicef but dont recieve any shirt sponsorship money

bingobus

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 27, 2009, 11:18:59 PM
Why do they have Unicef on their shirts?

Barca are a club apart, owned by the fans in a massive membership based ownership set-up. They have never had a shirt sponsor but a few years ago they decided to put Unicef on their shirts for no income/money. Just to promote their work.

ONeill

Big pity for Utd that Ferguson didn't play to his team's strengths. He tried the same formation against Arsenal in the second leg and it could easy have ended up the same way. Only for a stupid slip from Gibbs, his focus on the opposition's strength's could've seen his team in trouble. Tonight, Gibbs wasn't playing for Barca.

It's a pity in that Rooney's a much better player than what he was allowed to show tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

boojangles

Brilliant game tonight,superb display.the best players in the World stood up tonight and were counted-Messi and Iniesta in particular. Ronaldo-too greedy and our Wayne-non existent. A great night and a peaceful summer ahead not having to listen to all them Luke warm,hop on the bandwagon,know nothing about Football supporters.

theskull1

??? How people watch live soccer week in week out is beyond me.  ???

I rarely watch it bar MOTD and tonight reinforced why.....crap afaik
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clarshack

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
A relief that the rubbish about the Barca defense has stopped ;D  they had feck all to do anyway, Puyol had the luxury to be more like an attacking midfielder.
I enjoyed that game. Man U were made to look crap and inept.
Puyol is my hero,  real inspiration runs through ever fibre of his body and he is just one of the extras at this time of his career.
I'm biased but I though Messi edged the MOTM, tough call though

puyol is no mug and it was nonsense the way the barca defence was being talked about before the match. i watched pique against madrid, chelsea x2 and tonight and i cant believe utd let him go.

J70

Thank christ we won't have to listen to the usual suspects gloating!

Only saw the second half, but United were thoroughly outclassed in that time anyway. I don't think United can have any complaints - Barcelona were well worth at least another goal. And so much for the dodgy Barcelona defense - United couldn't even get the ball to actually have a go at them, while their own defense was horribly exposed for both goals. Never seen Rooney so bad either.

corn02

When Barca did not have a sponsor wasn;t there some deal with the Spanish King or something?