Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

As a United fan, I would be much happier playing Barcelona then Chelsea.  Chelsea are much better defencely and have one of the best managers in the world.  Whereas I think United would cause Barce a lot of problems going forward, I think Hiddink is capable of coming up with a plan to stifle United.

If it was to be a United-Barca final, it would be the best defence in the world against the best attack in the world.  Mouth-watering indeed

Bogball XV

Quote from: The GAA on May 06, 2009, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on May 06, 2009, 11:32:15 AM
Do you honestly believe that Utd at the top of their game would beat Barce at the top of their game??

You can point to last year and Barce v Utd, but imo there is no comparison - the players and Rijkaard had fallen out of love, Barce also lost to Real 4-1 last May to lose the title, this year beat the same side 2-6, does that mean they'll beat Utd by 4/5 in the final??

undoubtedly. United played nervously against barce last year and didn't realise the game was there to be won.

at their best, united would crucify barce on the break.
I agree that United should have been able to hammer Barce last year, but really, there is no comparison between last year's Barce and this year's.  I honestly believe that Barce are a level above all of them now and I would fancy them very strongly in a final against Utd, hopefully we'll get the chance to find out!

The GAA

Is that why the couldn't score at home againt chelsea? united have as good a defence as chelsea and a much more potent attacking unit.

crucify is probably the wong word but i am very confident united ould cut barce apart on the break.

AbbeySider

Quote from: 118cmal on May 06, 2009, 12:18:41 PM
As a United fan, I would be much happier playing Barcelona then Chelsea.  Chelsea are much better defencely and have one of the best managers in the world.  Whereas I think United would cause Barce a lot of problems going forward, I think Hiddink is capable of coming up with a plan to stifle United.

If it was to be a United-Barca final, it would be the best defence in the world against the best attack in the world.  Mouth-watering indeed

I dont care who we meet in the final. Two very good teams in different ways playing tonight in the other semi. I think United are able for either of them.

At least now deserving teams are left. You only want to be playing the best in the final and Chelsea and Barca are definitely up there.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 12:04:25 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 06, 2009, 10:02:22 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 05, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 05, 2009, 09:57:28 PM
it is in Rome

And please God Barca make it through as they would win it, Chelsea stand no chance in the final.

Sure Chelsea had no chance against Liverpool either

Please point out where anyone said that.

Guy who plays five-a-side with me, in Blake's in Enniskillen, the Friday night before the first leg, at about 11:05pm :P
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

corn02

Quote from: gorm agus bui on May 06, 2009, 12:11:28 PM
some bitter and twisted scousers around.!!

Said the bitterest of the Mancs bitterly.

Sorry if we think Barca and Chelsea might give yous a game, how dare us.

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on May 06, 2009, 12:23:14 PM

Is that why the couldn't score at home againt chelsea? united have as good a defence as chelsea and a much more potent attacking unit.

crucify is probably the wong word but i am very confident united ould cut barce apart on the break.

And I am very confident that if Barca's forward unit got into full flow they could cut United's defence apart. Neither scenario is likely.

corn02

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 06, 2009, 12:33:34 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 06, 2009, 12:18:41 PM

I dont care who we meet in the final. Two very good teams in different ways playing tonight in the other semi. I think United are able for either of them.

At least now deserving teams are left. You only want to be playing the best in the final and Chelsea and Barca are definitely up there.

Eh?

EC Unique

I think United and Barca are by far the best teams in Europe at present and they have swapped the favorite's tag for the CL from the start of the season. I would love to see Barca through tonight as would most football fans I would imagine. It goes to show the bookies are not that far wrong..

gorm agus bui

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on May 06, 2009, 12:11:28 PM
some bitter and twisted scousers around.!!

Said the bitterest of the Mancs bitterly.

Sorry if we think Barca and Chelsea might give yous a game, how dare us.
Don't support UTD at all. Following Ipswich now. Not necessarily you Corn but some of the stuff from the L'pool followers is incredible

AbbeySider

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 01:49:31 PM

Eh?

Ya?

corn02

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 06, 2009, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 01:49:31 PM

Eh?

Ya?

You're going to have to elaborate. What do you mean only deserving teams left, just an odd comment.

fred the red

is essien the most complete player in the world right now?

Bogball XV

essien's a super player alright, are barce going to do the same as the last day, dominate but fail to break through chelsea's 10 men in the 18yd box tactic?  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they're going to find a way through - it's a pity really and not very nice to look at, but then football's not supposed to be entertaining is it??

Schkite

Chelsea need to score a second as soon as possible, can you imagine how nervy it will be if Chelsea are winning 1-0 going into the last 10 minutes? Barca haven't got a proper look at goal yet but it only takes one moment of genius from Messi, Xavi, Eto'o etc, and it's in the net. Should be a very interesting half.