Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Great to be in the Final again this year. Would like to see Barca as it would be 2 great football teams and should be a great match.

Bogball XV

where is it this year?
I reckon Barce will be there and whilst Utd can possibly stifle them, I'd still fancy them strongly.

fred the red

whats the odds for united to win it on penalties again this year?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 05, 2009, 09:57:28 PM
it is in Rome

And please God Barca make it through as they would win it, Chelsea stand no chance in the final.
Tbc....

slow corner back

If Barca make it through they will definitly have Puyol back, not sure about the extent of Marquez injury. Dont care who goes through, it a final you have to expect top notch opposition. Still think if Utd play to the top of their game they will win it, beat Barca over two legs last year and beat Chelsea ( sort of) over two games this year, although they are vastly improved under Hiddink it must be said. Heres hoping for a mass brawl and five or six red cards tomorrow night.

DaUmpire

Wouldnt mind either of them.United capable of beating both.Just on the subject of red cards,Flecthers situation is a complete joke, the ref made a honest mistake but the fact that united cant appeal it is a joke.As is the stupid rule in the prem league were a player cant appeal a two yellow card sending off.

corn02

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 05, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
it is in Rome

And please God Barca make it through as they would win it, Chelsea stand no chance in the final.

Hmm interesting.

Motivation can play a big role, Chelsea will have plenty.

bingobus

The one consolation in United making final is that one of them will miss it through suspension and the toys will be flying out of the prams over it for a few weeks.

Hopefully, I can take further consolation when they get beat in the final. Fingers crossed.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: bingobus on May 05, 2009, 10:51:57 PM
The one consolation in United making final is that one of them will miss it through suspension and the toys will be flying out of the prams over it for a few weeks.

Hopefully, I can take further consolation when they get beat in the final. Fingers crossed.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  no better comment than that, sums it up perfectly
Its Grim up North

A Quinn Martin Production

it is in Rome

Sure Chelsea had no chance against Liverpool either
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

EC Unique

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 06, 2009, 10:02:22 AM
it is in Rome

Sure Chelsea had no chance against Liverpool either

Ah but you better watch out for them next year though :o

full back

Quote from: bingobus on May 05, 2009, 10:51:57 PM

Good lad bingo, at least you have had a successful season...... :-X

AbbeySider

Would you guys recommend going or are any of you thinking about it?
Id sooner go to Rome than Istanbul or Russia... but a few of the lads reckon it would be rough.

The point that was made was that Roma fans are the worst in the world and the police cant even control them.

I cant see them being organised and big enough to cause any trouble on the night?

But anyway... its a long shot but if anyone has access to tickets I would be interested in a couple!  ;)
*** praying for a PM ***

Bensars

I could be wrong here but was it not Roma fans that have had run ins with Utd fans over the last couple of years ?

Irrespective of Chelsea or Barca meeting Utd in the final , the likelihood  is that some fan will get a doing from the natives.