Big Lottery Winners in Armagh

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 04, 2019, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 04, 2019, 12:58:11 PM
daft IMO to be stating that 50 people will be getting the phone call of their lives.
Just think of how many will think that they just may be in that 50.
There ll be some gutted people and fall outs you can be sure

Cannot for the life of me understand why you would go public. I take the point that it will in all liklihood leak out in due course but the volume of leeches who will now appear now because of the publicity and their (admirable) intentions to gift some money to people will be much higher than if they had stayed anonymous. Every scam artist in the UK and Ireland knows who they are now whereas had it been kept quiet it would have been a much smaller story a few months down the line. 

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 11:00:30 AM
What happens if a few yahoos with notions of finally freeing Ireland decide to kidnap the dog for a massive ransom?

Unfortunately,  the dog takes a hit & then they buy a new dog.

LeoMc

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 04, 2019, 12:27:34 PM
Uk will still be in Euromillions post-Brexit.
They should have waited until after MArch 29th to cash in. The €30M would be worth £150m by then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 04, 2019, 12:58:11 PM
daft IMO to be stating that 50 people will be getting the phone call of their lives.
Just think of how many will think that they just may be in that 50.
There ll be some gutted people and fall outs you can be sure

Just think about how sad it will be for the Jehovah's Witnesses that don't get into heaven if they joined after the 144,000!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 11:12:02 AM
3 month world cruise before telling anyone, during that time you decide wtf you'd do with it! The problem of giving it to family is you'd end up destroying lives with that amount!

I think that would be a deaaadddd giveaway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 04, 2019, 01:32:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 11:12:02 AM
3 month world cruise before telling anyone, during that time you decide wtf you'd do with it! The problem of giving it to family is you'd end up destroying lives with that amount!

I think that would be a deaaadddd giveaway.

I wouldnt be saying i'm away on a cruise! Any social media would be wiped also..

In relation to winning the Lotto, I'd be happy to win enough to have no mortgage, and enough to buy my kids their first home, and allow my wife to stop working, after that I'd be content with working away, possibly more holiday leave but I'd stuggle if we were both off together for the rest of our lives! be murder  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aristo 60

MR2, that lady in your profile pic would be sniffing around ye something shocking. Take her on a cruise.

Tony Baloney

Divorce the wife, write her a cheque for 60 million and start the bachelor life with a fortune on the hip.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 04, 2019, 01:08:31 PM
What happens if a few yahoos with notions of finally freeing Ireland decide to kidnap the dog for a massive ransom?

And if it's a grandchild......

Itchy

Fantastic story, best of luck to them.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 02:07:32 PM

Does this say more about Ireland than the sum of money. It's the 4th largest win and I don't believe any of the bigger winners or their immediate family have been held ransom.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 04, 2019, 02:07:32 PM

Sorry, didn't foresee the supplementary. Was addressing the dog issue,  although I suppose there is the Shergar incident that we may refer to, in that context.

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 10:52:58 AM
Mental money and fair f**ks to them.. heard her speaking and she seems really nice and very deserving... hopefully they'll be well advised on their money and have a happy life together!

I personally wouldn't tell a soul if I could help it

+1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 04, 2019, 01:53:06 PM
MR2, that lady in your profile pic would be sniffing around ye something shocking. Take her on a cruise.

She hates boats !

Itchy

Quote from: red hander on January 04, 2019, 04:24:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2019, 10:52:58 AM
Mental money and fair f**ks to them.. heard her speaking and she seems really nice and very deserving... hopefully they'll be well advised on their money and have a happy life together!

I personally wouldn't tell a soul if I could help it

+1

I understand in euromillion you are contractually obliged to be open about your winnings