The Best Burger?

Started by JoG2, November 20, 2018, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Hard to beat a decent burger. In Out / 5 guys pretty good. I wouldn't thank you for a McDonald's though I'd take a Burger King. I've had a very swanky one out of Gordon Ramseys Burgr joints, far far too convoluted. Most chippers, well in this part of the world all buy from the same supplier so, well all taste the same!

There's a place in Derry, Pyke n Pommes (permanent street food stall) that does the best I've had. Unreal. I'm in Dublin in a couple of weeks and have been recommended Bunsen for a tasty bite

Boycey

Went to Bunsen once, thought it was a novelty, decent, but didn't see what the fuss was about..

lurganblue

Heard very poor reports about the five guys burgers! (And the price of course).

GAA match day burgers after a few pre match pints are always my favourite.

Syferus

Milltown Row2

Just made the best burgers tonight! Filled with diced up onions peppers hint of garlic and black pepper in a brioche bap and melted cheese!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

laoislad

The Counter,Suffolk Street in Dublin.Best burgers I've had by a mile.
Supermacs of course also.
Used to love the Aussie Burger in Hungry Jack's when I was in Australia.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2018, 09:36:03 PM
Just made the best burgers tonight! Filled with diced up onions peppers hint of garlic and black pepper in a brioche bap and melted cheese!

Onions are the diet of the unsophisticated. There will never an onion in my house.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

Five guys prices are a joke, and I see they are opening another one on Boucher rd so there must be enough mugs out there
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 20, 2018, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2018, 09:36:03 PM

Onions are the diet of the unsophisticated. There will never an onion in my house.

Ah! Ya need an onion for your burger!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Big als stranmillis or the plough hillsborough was where i had the best burger i ever had and only had had disappointments since!

For once i agree with mr!

LooseCannon

I had one in Galway. BóTown was the name of the spot.
A burger called the yellowbelly. By jaysus 'twas lovely.
I liked it so much that I remember the burger's name.
In saying that, it was a chicken breast burger, without batter, breadcrumbs and all that sh1te.
Does a chicken burger qualify ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LooseCannon on November 20, 2018, 10:28:33 PM
I had one in Galway. BóTown was the name of the spot.
A burger called the yellowbelly. By jaysus 'twas lovely.
I liked it so much that I remember the burger's name.
In saying that, it was a chicken breast burger, without batter, breadcrumbs and all that sh1te.
Does a chicken burger qualify ?

Hmm, it would if it were batter!!

Targetman

Onions and red a must on my burgers!! Chip van in Clones after a skinfull!!

Tony Baloney

Can't be doing with "restaurant" burgers that require a knife and fork. Defeats the purpose of a burger. Five Guys fully loaded is decent but have only ever them in America as wouldn't pay the money for them here. Went to Honest burger a few weeks ago and it was lovely. Hard to beat a burger van burger with onions and red after a few pints