Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 16, 2015, 04:28:07 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 16, 2015, 04:17:21 PM
Will be interesting to see if Scotstown continue with their "total football" approach against Crossmaglen. No better team to test it out against! It's just a shame these two teams will be plodding it out in November and not in the summer. Fancy cross to grind it out and win no11

I have to laugh at the notion that they play total football.  They play rotating sweepers and a 4 man forward line.
Haven't actually seen Scotstown play... Not in flesh anyway. Stop the Hughes' and you stop them seemingly

illdecide

Quote from: general_lee on November 16, 2015, 10:01:19 PM
Will be interesting to see if Scotstown continue with their "total football" approach against Crossmaglen. No better team to test it out against! It's just a shame these two teams will be plodding it out in November and not in the summer. Fancy cross to grind it out and win no11

I have to laugh at the notion that they play total football.  They play rotating sweepers and a 4 man forward line.
Haven't actually seen Scotstown play... Not in flesh anyway. Stop the Hughes' and you stop them seemingly

Lol...that's easier said than done, especially at club level. In fairness to a Cross man i know he told me he fancied Scotstown for Ulster months ago before they even got out of Monaghan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sammymaguire

When is the announcement for where it'll be played? Would Scotstown be badly annoyed to play it at the Athletic Grounds? if they are it'll be Omagh I suppose.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

JoG2

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 17, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
When is the announcement for where it'll be played? Would Scotstown be badly annoyed to play it at the Athletic Grounds? if they are it'll be Omagh I suppose.

double header with the junior maybe?

brokencrossbar1

Should be in Bkayney, half way between both clubs...come on Bingo, do your stuff!!

bennydorano

It's been in the Irish News today (& yesterday) that it's in the Athletic Grounds.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bennydorano on November 17, 2015, 01:01:42 PM
It's been in the Irish News today (& yesterday) that it's in the Athletic Grounds.

Scotstown not agreeable. It might still be there but not guarantees yet.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2015, 09:03:02 AM
Quote from: general_lee on November 16, 2015, 10:01:19 PM

Lol...that's easier said than done, especially at club level. In fairness to a Cross man i know he told me he fancied Scotstown for Ulster months ago before they even got out of Monaghan
That's one smart fellow in Cross.
re the first part, the Monaghan championship was about which team would navigate the rocky road to the final in order to get beaten by Scotstown,  however, the Ulster championship is another matter altogether, though I'd have a hope that your Cross man is both smart and a prophet.
Shouldn't Cross (and Cullaville) have been transferred to Monaghan, according to the boundary commission in the 1920's?
It's never too late ..!

sammymaguire

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2015, 12:17:24 PM
Should be in Bkayney, half way between both clubs...come on Bingo, do your stuff!!

that's an even bigger home tie for Cross!  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 17, 2015, 01:42:13 PM

Maybe but it is in Monaghan!!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

What's wrong with the Athletic Grounds??

Christ your as bad as us South Derry men.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 17, 2015, 01:52:42 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 17, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

What's wrong with the Athletic Grounds??

Christ your as bad as us South Derry men.

Nothing as far as Cross are concerned. In fact it is 22 miles from Cross and 26 from Scotstown so would be the fairest spot in terms of distance.

Bingo

I thought Cross wouldn't like Blayney after the last time they played there in Ulster  :P

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on November 17, 2015, 04:36:51 PM

I thought Cross wouldn't like Blayney after the last time they played there in Ulster  :P

Feck off you. That's way below the belt!!!  Still have nightmares of the Ole's

general_lee

Quote from: Main Street on November 17, 2015, 01:21:14 PM
Shouldn't Cross (and Cullaville) have been transferred to Monaghan, according to the boundary commission in the 1920's?
It's never too late ..!
You're more than welcome to them ;) ;D