Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Jeez, the Cork men will be in bother the next day

haveaharp

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2014, 01:35:16 PM
You Armagh lads seem to have gone fairly delirious when ye got a sniff of Jones' Road again.

Watch the football. Go home. Repeat if you're lucky. That's how the rest of us do it.

You go there often then ?

Rossfan

Quote from: haveaharp on August 05, 2014, 04:04:26 PM
You Armagh lads seem to have gone fairly delirious when ye got a sniff of Jones' Road again.

Watch the football. Go home. Repeat if you're lucky. That's how the rest of us do it.

He'll have turned Rhubarb by this stage. :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: haveaharp on August 05, 2014, 04:04:26 PM

More often than Armagh do. Ouch.

whitey

Quote from: Aoise on August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM
I have never started a thread before so apologies if it doesn't work out but this could not be ignored...

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/gaza-garvaghy-armagh-croke-park.3655/

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park.

Aoise.......would you extend the same consideration to someone who wanted to display an Israeli flag?

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2014, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: Aoise on August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM
I have never started a thread before so apologies if it doesn't work out but this could not be ignored...

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/gaza-garvaghy-armagh-croke-park.3655/

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park.

Aoise.......would you extend the same consideration to someone who wanted to display an Israeli flag?

Exactly... I don't see why people need to impose their Political convictions on me when I'm watching a football match!

Having said that if they're banned then they need to be banned everywhere and not because it may offend some Sky viewers but because the GAA is a non party political organisation:

Non-Party Political
The Association shall be non-party political. Party political
questions shall not be discussed at its meetings, and no
Committee, Club, Council or representative thereof
shall take part, as such, in any party political movement.
A penalty of up to twenty four weeks suspension may be
imposed for infringement.

babarino

Note party political - not political. The GAA is and always was political and examples of the organisation taking political positions could be given forever.

Flying the flag of Palestine is not party political. I'm sure there are many from different party political positions that have sympathy with the plight of the people of Gaza.

The Israeli flag happens to feature the Monaghan colours, but you'll not find too many flying it. If someone was to, I'd have a word in the ear, but I couldn't see GAA honchos and gardaí telling them to remove it.

When the GAA apparatchiks start getting squeamish about individual supporters showing cause with the oppressed for fear of offending Zionists with financial clout, that's when we really need to let them know what we think.

The Dubs on the Hill can be counted on if they're aware of what's going on. Let's get behind Aoise and the Garvaghy Road Orangemen on this one.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

whitey

Quote from: babarino on August 05, 2014, 05:45:27 PM
Note party political - not political. The GAA is and always was political and examples of the organisation taking political positions could be given forever.

Flying the flag of Palestine is not party political. I'm sure there are many from different party political positions that have sympathy with the plight of the people of Gaza.

The Israeli flag happens to feature the Monaghan colours, but you'll not find too many flying it. If someone was to, I'd have a word in the ear, but I couldn't see GAA honchos and gardaí telling them to remove it.

When the GAA apparatchiks start getting squeamish about individual supporters showing cause with the oppressed for fear of offending Zionists with financial clout, that's when we really need to let them know what we think.

The Dubs on the Hill can be counted on if they're aware of what's going on. Let's get behind Aoise and the Garvaghy Road Orangemen on this one.

"You'd have a word in their ear" are you fvcking kidding me. So political expression is fine as long as it conforms to your narrative. 

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2014, 05:52:46 PM
"You'd have a word in their ear" are you fvcking kidding me. So political expression is fine as long as it conforms to your narrative.

How about no flags being flown at Croke Park. Why not water down the whole experience and make it soulless like the Premiership.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

babarino

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

I'd be simply expressing my politics, no kidding. If a Down supporter were to fly a Nazi flag, because the red and black feature strongly I'd expect plenty of folk would have a word in their ear.

And by the way, as a GAA member and supporter there are many things that don't conform to my narrative. None that I can't live with. I stood in the Eoin O'Duffy stand in Clones....

rossiewanderer

Have a 'word in his ear' would you indeed!?

While yer at it why not fly some more flags in solidarity with Democratic Rep of Congo,Sudan,CAR,Syria etc where similar horrors are unfolding.Or Why not just bring your county flag and enjoy the match?

Syferus

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 05, 2014, 07:05:14 PM

Have a 'word in his ear' would you indeed!?

While yer at it why not fly some more flags in solidarity with Democratic Rep of Congo,Sudan,CAR,Syria etc where similar horrors are unfolding.Or Why not just bring your county flag and enjoy the match?

Because that's too simple and wouldn't bother anyone. You'd feel sorry for stewards sometimes.

illdecide

I'm not into politics at all but I certainly disagree with what's happening over there and I'd support anything that would stop it but any rallies or support should be kept away from inside of any sports grounds. I want to see plenty of Armagh flags and I still grin at the tongue and cheek flag from the Garvaghy Rd men on tour but that's as far as it should go and all other flags and emblems should be kept for another day for a rally or protest...

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

give her dixie

Wave the Palestinian flag for these young lads in Gaza on Saturday in Croke Park

next stop, September 10, for number 4......