Who is speaking for catholic/nationalist innocent victims?

Started by T Fearon, August 13, 2013, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2013, 04:45:27 AM
bc1,regardless of the organisations you mention,they don't make noise like the plethora of victims groups on the other side and the situation is that unionist paramilitaries and their heinous crimes are let off the hook,effectively.

Gaffer there is a big difference from bring forced to hand over keys etc to being assassinated in cold blood just on account of being catholic.

Tony, as I said they are doing more work on the ground for the victims than any of the others, and I know that from first hand experience.  Empty vessels make most noise and the reality is that the likes of Frazer are ridiculed within the community development/voluntary sector and for all his bluff and noise he is a busted flush.  If you feel there are cases that should be investigated by the HET then contact one of these organisations and let them know and they will follow it up for you.  As I said you are far removed from the reality of it if you think otherwise.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 14, 2013, 12:37:55 AM
Myles, he didn't ask that question!! Now , if you don't have anything decent to add, slide on ta feck!!! >:(
I know he didn't, that's why I did. Sometimes it's not what you say (or ask) around here that betrays the fact that you're wearing the bigot goggles, but what you don't say or ask.  ;)

T Fearon

BC1, it just seems to me that Unionist Victims groups meet day and daily with Secretary of State etc, whether catholic victims have a non existent profile and the public in general are not reminded of the brutal unionist paramilitary murder campaign for decades against random catholics, which meant any one of us was a potential target at any time.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2013, 12:45:37 PM
BC1, it just seems to me that Unionist Victims groups meet day and daily with Secretary of State etc, whether catholic victims have a non existent profile and the public in general are not reminded of the brutal unionist paramilitary murder campaign for decades against random catholics, which meant any one of us was a potential target at any time.
The IRA's bombing of civilian targets also meant that any one of us was a target at any time. Growing up in the 70s I was frightened, for myself and for other family members,  of two groups of people, loyalist murder gangs and IRA bomb squads. On Bloody Friday, 3 members of my immediate family had a narrow escape when the IRA blew up the Ulster Bank on Limestone Road in north Belfast. You can't have a lobby group for Catholic victims of the troubles which ignores those killed by the IRA.

T Fearon

And neither was I advocating one.But it does seem the number of victims groups (in receipt of statutory funding) representing Protestant unionist loyalist victims far exceeds the number representing innocent catholic victims of unionist paramilitaries,and the danger here that the dastardly indiscriminate deeds of these unionist death squads are being airbrushed from history.