Magdalene Laundries payout.

Started by T Fearon, June 26, 2013, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
Er I dont recall denying that people were severely mistreated in the Magdalene Laundries,

Yes you did.  You said:

Quotean inordinate number of them seem to have smiles on their faces,judging from the grainy black and White footage, from way back when.

Quite an extrapolation from a few photos, wouldn't you say?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on June 27, 2013, 04:52:42 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2013, 04:52:01 PM
So are you saying the Police weren't under extreme pressure at Hillsborough having to deal with unruly fans, and consequently made fatal errors?

No I am saying take down that post you attention seeking fool.

It's painful to watch, isn't it?

seafoid

Quote from: HiMucker on June 27, 2013, 05:33:05 PM
Shameful
Maybe the police were all priests or something. Otherwise it's hard to understand.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Maguire01

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2013, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
Er I dont recall denying that people were severely mistreated in the Magdalene Laundries,

Yes you did.  You said:

Quotean inordinate number of them seem to have smiles on their faces,judging from the grainy black and White footage, from way back when.

Quite an extrapolation from a few photos, wouldn't you say?
I read it as an attempt to undermine the victims and the credibility of their abuse 'claims', which is mind-boggling, given that what happened is pretty much universally accepted. It's like the holocaust deniers.

Eamonnca1

He's like the Sun newspaper printing a story about the families of victims of the Birmingham pub bombings alongside a story about the Birmingham Six getting compensated after they were released. The implication was clear.  The poor victims go on suffering while these good-for-nothing paddies walk about with their pockets stuffed with money. 

Contemptible.

Itchy

I was wondering Tony have you ever had your mental health assessed. I can help, send me a PM and I'll look after you.

T Fearon

Mental health fine,and judgements based invariably on logic and fact.Police under severe duress made fatal mistakes and inexcusably covered these up with lies.However that should not be allowed to distract from who was responsible for putting the police under duress in the first place.

Also have utmost sympathy for the 96 innocent victims of Hillsborough and their families,who I accept were entirely blameless.

AZOffaly

You are beneath contempt. Have you even read the reports?

T Fearon

I have read the propaganda.Tell me very simply,why were the police under such duress that they made fatal errors? Who caused this?

Also why has there never been a similar investigation into the murders at Heysel?

AZOffaly

That answer sums it up. Pointless discussion. And I blame you deiseach for bringing it up!

T Fearon

That's right,insult when you can't answer my very simple question.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 27, 2013, 10:24:34 PM
Mental health fine,and judgements based invariably on logic and fact. 
And here's me thinking you're religious!

The Boy Wonder

Tony, I get the gist of the points you are trying to put across and I don't think you have intentionally set out to cause any offence to either the Magdalene or the Hillsborough victims and survivors.

Aside from conventional wisdom there are other legimiate views as represented by your posts.

T Fearon

Thank you.Certainly didn't intend to cause any offence to anyone.