British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: johnneycool on February 28, 2018, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: grounded on February 28, 2018, 07:45:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2018, 12:32:12 PM
Fred Holroyd, the honourable brit, "who was forced to leave the Army because he raised concerns about an alleged shoot-to-kill policy", is taking legal action against the MoD and has the full support of a military surgeon witness.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-43157031

It was a dirty, dirty war. Unfortunately, for the most part those affected will never know the full truth.

Because people in Whitehall don't want you to know.

You're right, but it's not just whitehall!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: grounded on March 01, 2018, 09:04:10 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 28, 2018, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: grounded on February 28, 2018, 07:45:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2018, 12:32:12 PM
Fred Holroyd, the honourable brit, "who was forced to leave the Army because he raised concerns about an alleged shoot-to-kill policy", is taking legal action against the MoD and has the full support of a military surgeon witness.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-43157031

It was a dirty, dirty war. Unfortunately, for the most part those affected will never know the full truth.

Because people in Whitehall don't want you to know.

You're right, but it's not just whitehall!

Leinster House as well....

Hereiam

A disgrace that this has taken so long

RedHand88

Its better than nothing I suppose. What's the chances of the soldier doing any time behind bars?

Stan Laurel

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 19, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
Its better than nothing I suppose. What's the chances of the soldier doing any time behind bars?

I would guess absolutely no chance.

orangeman

Not much consolation at this stage.

Ambrose

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 19, 2018, 12:00:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 19, 2018, 11:54:46 AM

I would guess absolutely no chance.

If found guilty he will serve a maximum of two years.  He is only 48 now which means he was 18 at the time of this incident. Isn't it madness to think that an 18 year old was sitting there with a machine gun, though we just took it for granted at the time.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

BennyCake

So what has changed in the evidence in 30 years?

It'll be like Bloody Sunday. Oops, sorry about that, but still no convictions.

Ambrose

Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

New evidence from the PSNI that it couldn't have been an accidental shooting. Still can't understand how it isn't a murder charge but the family seem ok with the decision.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

red hander

Even after they were done for murder, Ian Thain and Lee Clegg were admitted back into the British Army after serving what must have been the shortest sentences in history for the crime. Irish victims of these scum have always been treated with contempt. Unfortunately, the McAnespie family will never get the justice they deserve, like the countless other victims of state murderers

BennyCake

Quote from: Ambrose on June 20, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

New evidence from the PSNI that it couldn't have been an accidental shooting. Still can't understand how it isn't a murder charge but the family seem ok with the decision.

And it took them 30 years to come to that conclusion. Still, a token sentence is all that will happen.

GJL

Been proven that it takes 9lbs of pressure to depress the trigger on the particular gun used yet he claimed it was an accident. Not possible.

general_lee

Quote from: Ambrose on June 20, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

I think one theory is that shots were fired around McAnespie in an attempt to make him "dance" although I've also heard somewhere that one shot was fired directly into his back and the part of his ribcage was removed at autopsy and never returned which may have interfered with providing evidence of him being deliberately murdered. Either way the soldier responsible obviously operated in a culture where it was acceptable to intimidate civilians and where if incidents like this occurred they were safe in the knowledge they'd get away with it. Scant consolation for his family but hopefully solider is found guilty and they get some form closure 30 years later