Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 11, 2011, 08:48:05 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 11, 2011, 06:09:34 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 11, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 11, 2011, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2011, 05:23:34 PM
I thought Cameron said after Saville announcement there would be no more costly, lengthy public enquiries so it's hardly that big a surprise.

When we consider the following, NOTHING surprises me about the lengths the British Government will go in order to cover up their activities in Ireland:

- They releases just TWENTY heavily censored pages of a TWENTY THOUSAND page report into Collusion by the Stevens Inquiry team

- Stevens also stated that the obstruction he faced in his inquiry from the British 'security' forces "was cultural in its nature and widespread within parts of the army and the RUC".

- When Stevens himself felt that he had enough hard evidence to convict at least 25 senior military personnel, the DPP did not bring forward ANY prosecutions

- The British Secretary of State at the time of his report, attempted to prevent The Sunday Times from investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire at the offices of the Steven's Inquiry which destroyed other crucial evidence

It also doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they lied to the family, and to the Irish Government when they told them there would be a Public Inquiry.

So why do you even bother then? Seems to me you spend your entire day justifying the Provo's organised crime fight for Irish freedom and looking for ways to get upset at the Brits.

It seems to me you would happily spend all day making sarcastic remarks about me and about the IRA, but simultaneously have very little nothing to say about British state murder. This thread is about British State Collusion, in case you didn't see the title, so you may take your "intelligent" remarks elsewhere.

P.S. I have stated many times that, like the Old IRA, the Provisional IRA carried out many despicable acts which I would never wish to justify, but I make no apologies for seeing both campaigns in general as totally justifiable. As for "looking for ways to get upset at the brits", well I would hardly have to look very hard now. I can assure you that my family and my near neighbours have no need to go looking for reasons to be upset at the British state. Not that you either know or give a fcuk about that.

Waiting for the day Nally starts a thread about a Provo-IRA atrocitiy  ::)

There are ample threads covering those MGHU. Over 900 families in Ireland believe that State Collusion by Britain was behind the murder of their loved ones. This is the FIRST thread dedicated to it. Unsurprisingly you chose to ignore those victims in this thread though, because as far as you seem to be concerned, the IRA victims are the only ones who need talked about.

This thread is a sorry reflection of the level of support families like the Finucane's enjoy in a campaign for truth. It is ranging from claiming the family should not be seeking an inquiry, to defending the British Governments announcement today, to personal attacks on me for even referring to todays events.

Hierarchy of victims? Indeed. We can only talk about IRA victims on GAAboard it appears.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

We can talk about all the victims you like and that list is horrific.

What is even more horrific is this: "Omagh, killed along with twenty-eight others in a car-bomb massacre by the RUC, Brit army Int. and MI5 and its Chicago FBI operatives.

Imagine blowing innocent people to bits and then using their deaths as justification for their own murders. Sick.
MWWSI 2017

michaelg

(141 Irish Catholic children)
Murdered by British
I have obviously not copied the depressingly long list.
Am I right in assuming you have made no distinction between British arned forces and paramilitary organisations?

naka

wasnt surprised at this announcement but from my point of view the only people an inquiry serves are the lawyers who make a packet out of it.
how many barristers and solicitors became wealthy on the back of the suffering of the bloody sunday families.

we have to move on
l cant see how inquiries help anyone, every side in the war carried out atrocities ,

lynchbhoy

nally there is no way the british gov can investigate this as they know there will be collusion uncovered if it were truthful.
That would mean possibly compensation for people in the north but the real problem for british gov is that there may have to be trials for british army/police/gangs etc as the culprits are still alive and at large.
The saville result only came out as most if not all of the guilty high ranking officers at fault are now dead.

michaelg - thats what collusion means - there is no distinction between crown forces and he local gangs they assisted/worked with/under

muppet, not sure what you mean by that. Are you still in a tizzy over your long/keane cox?

Orangemac

Enough money has been spent on enquiries. The Saville enquiry was ridiculous the amount of money spent on it and how long it dragged on but because of it's significance it could be argued that it was justified.

Any enquiry would most likely result in a whitewash.

tyssam5

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 11, 2011, 09:54:19 PM
nally there is no way the british gov can investigate this as they know there will be collusion uncovered if it were truthful.
That would mean possibly compensation for people in the north but the real problem for british gov is that there may have to be trials for british army/police/gangs etc as the culprits are still alive and at large.
The saville result only came out as most if not all of the guilty high ranking officers at fault are now dead.

michaelg - thats what collusion means - there is no distinction between crown forces and he local gangs they assisted/worked with/under

muppet, not sure what you mean by that. Are you still in a tizzy over your long/keane cox?

Didn't the terms of Saville offer immunity?

michaelg

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 11, 2011, 09:54:19 PM

michaelg - thats what collusion means - there is no distinction between crown forces and he local gangs they assisted/worked with/undermuppet, not sure what you mean by that. Are you still in a tizzy over your long/keane cox?
I know what collusion is.  Just don't believe that there was collusion for every loyalist murder carried out

Farrandeelin

Dirty British bastards. >:(

What saddened me was the 'nothing at all approach' from the government down here.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2011, 10:44:50 PM
Dirty British b**tards. >:(

What saddened me was the 'nothing at all approach' from the government down here.

What has saddened me the most since I moved to Dublin six years ago is the attitude (or lack thereof) of a majority of people, particularly young people, to the North. Not only do they not know or care, they don't want to know or care.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Aside from Nallys relentless Brit bashing which gets alot of backs up, I personally believe the British need to have an inquiry, but one that is swifter and more cost effective than previously. There is no point doing it, if there are no clear and honest results.

Nally you do seem to pay lip service to deaths in the Republic, Britain or the Unionist community (except of course where the Brits were at fault).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 12, 2011, 06:27:18 AM
Aside from Nallys relentless Brit bashing which gets alot of backs up, I personally believe the British need to have an inquiry, but one that is swifter and more cost effective than previously. There is no point doing it, if there are no clear and honest results.

Nally you do seem to pay lip service to deaths in the Republic, Britain or the Unionist community (except of course where the Brits were at fault).

First thing's first......relentless Brit bashing? Are you accusing me of having a problem with British people? My posts refer to the British government which has directed a policy of collusion resulting in the deaths of potentially over 900 Irish citizens. If you claim I am bashing "brits" rather than the British government, please provide a quote to back this up or else retract it. If you are referring to me as relentlessly bashing the GOVERNMENT of britain for its policy of colluding in murder of Irish citizens, well, proudly guilty as charged. I can only say it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that someone like you would have a problem with that.

As for paying lip service to IRA attacks on innocent people, I have clearly and repeatedly criticised them. And I mean repeatedly. Again, it does not surprise me that someone like yourself gets upset when a thread is started about victims of anyone who isn't the IRA. Your level of interest in talking about anyone who wasn't killed by the IRA is evidenced by your opening post on this, a thread about collusion victims.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

behind the wire

Quote from: naka on October 11, 2011, 09:54:00 PM
wasnt surprised at this announcement but from my point of view the only people an inquiry serves are the lawyers who make a packet out of it.
how many barristers and solicitors became wealthy on the back of the suffering of the bloody sunday families.

we have to move on
l cant see how inquiries help anyone, every side in the war carried out atrocities ,

I would doubt that your attitude would be the same if it was a memeber of your family.

And maybe they should try a public inquiry without lawyers. see how that one works out.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

brokencrossbar1

The war in the north was extremely dirty and full of propaganda bullshit and cover-ups.  I have personal experience of some stuff that no one on here has ever heard of and never will and trust me there are a lot of lies and a lot of collusion that went on.  The Finucane family deserve to know the truth but they never will.  The unfortunate thing is that the "truth" is also a subjective term, who's truth? 

There is no right answer to how the fallout from the Troubles be sorted out.  People give off about the "community development" work being a waste of tax payers money but the reality is that for thousands of people in the north the Troubles are still a very vivid part of their lives and the Government has to accept that.  Brendan McAllister, Victims Commissioner. recently commented that the level of "victims" is much higher in terms of numbers than has previously been estimated, and that includes members of the security forces and families of loyalists killed.  The Troubles lasted for 30 years, I was born in the middle of the worst of it.  It affected me and my family directly and when I tell people, who had no experience of it, what it was like they are shocked and disgusted at what happened to us and I wouldn't class myself as a victim.  The Government will not come clean, they will not accept responsibility, they had all their "agents" killed/shipped off or whatever over the last 10 years and the stories will never resurface.  I feel for the Finucane family, I know them(not well mind you) but I know this is all encompassing in their world.  There is a quote from Churchill that goes "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."  The unfortunate thing is that there are so many versions of the truth. 

Rossfan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 12, 2011, 06:27:18 AM
I personally believe the British need to have an inquiry, but one that is swifter and more cost effective than previously. There is no point doing it, if there are no clear and honest results.

TheBrit govt won't want that outcome anyway.  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM