The Irish Open

Started by bigfrank, July 15, 2011, 05:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

The European Tour and Fáilte Ireland have confirmed that the Irish Open will return to the Killeen Course at the Killarney Golf and Fishing Club from July 28-31, 2011.

Me and few mates been talkin of headin to killarney for the weekend and have priced tickets up on ticketmaster..they not overly dear and hear its a great town for a night out/weekend...anyone go last year or recommend somewhere to stay??

screenexile

Anybody heading down to this?

Heading on Thursday and looking forward to it I haven't been to a golf event before and there are some decent names at it as well.

Poor Shane isn't too happy with the setup anyway!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/irish-open/shane-lowry-hits-out-at-decision-to-allow-mobile-phone-use-at-irish-open-35892335.html

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on July 04, 2017, 11:15:26 AM

Heading on Thursday and looking forward to it I haven't been to a golf event before and there are some decent names at it as well.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/irish-open/shane-lowry-hits-out-at-decision-to-allow-mobile-phone-use-at-irish-open-35892335.html

Went on to one in Royal County Down a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I was lucky enough to get a good stand seat at a par 3 (which also had views of the approach from the hole before and the tee off from the next).  Just watched the whole field come through then moved to the 17th. I had no real particular interest in following a particular match up so that worked for me. 

Some lineup for this year's event. 

JPGJOHNNYG

Get a periscope if you want to move around the course (which I prefer) as if its busy you could end up seeing very little otherwise sit at a stand but that can get a bit boring after a while

Keyser soze

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 04, 2017, 11:43:05 AM

Get a periscope if you want to move around the course (which I prefer) as if its busy you could end up seeing very little otherwise sit at a stand but that can get a bit boring after a while

Or even better get a TV and watch it on that, as a live spectator sport golf must be the worst, be prepared for lots and lots and lots of sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Tony Baloney

Went when it was in Newcastle and Portrush but couldn't be arsed this year as couldn't be arsed with the crowds and I have an aversion to up there anyway as the roads are usually bedlam when there is an event on.

Orior

A periscope might be handy after all that rain.

Lowry is right about the mobile phones - there will be carnage.

What I would like to see, is a few of those Americans that shout stupid phrases after a shot. We could have a couple of Irish boyos take them out for a dammed good kicking.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

I love the golf tournaments.  Great days out - you can dander around, plenty of pit stops for drinks and food around the place.  Champagne tents in the village!!
I'm not going this weekend but we're heading to the British Open in a few weeks.  If the course is anything like Royal County Down, no periscopes needed as you can sit up the banks of the greens.  We just picked a hole and watched a few coming through it, then moved to another hole.

Tonight I'm going to an "Evening with Rory McIlroy" in the Waterfront - James Nesbitt hosting it, and Pep Guardiola (sp?) is a special guest.  Total gimmick but a bit of craic.

Minder

I have been in Portrush & Royal Co Down & was enjoyable enough  but wouldn't be killing myself about going back. Maybe the weather didn't help either time & can be difficult at times to get a good vantage point
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Haven't seen much of the golf today. How's our Rors getting on?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

punt kick

Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2017, 03:27:29 PM

You go onto the internet to ask someone else on the internet to lookup a result on the internet for you.  :o 

Orior

Quote from: punt kick on July 07, 2017, 03:48:14 PM

You go onto the internet to ask someone else on the internet to lookup a result on the internet for you.  :o

http://bfy.tw/CiKJ
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Yes.

Milltown Row2

Some  imbeciles about!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Anyone?