TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 26, 2022, 01:47:53 AM
That North Sea Connection on at same time on rte aint up to much either. Will still watch to end and will watch Bloodlands thereafter. Glutton for punishment

never even finished the first series of bloodlands, I'll not endure another
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

I've never seen a series as disjointed as s1 of Bloodlands.

Every episode felt like it had a new writer who hadn't read the previous.

Shocking stuff. How it got recommissioned I'll never know.

nrico2006

Quote from: thewobbler on September 26, 2022, 09:54:17 AM

Bloodlands is terrible, usually the BBC shows are a different level to ITV etc. so that's why I watched it in the first place.  The locations are terrible and some of the acting is really bad, really bad reflection on NI to outsiders.  That doll Smurfit in the first episode for example kept repeating 'My Colin', was so unrealistic and forced.  Numerous other examples of this throughout the episode too though. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on September 26, 2022, 09:54:17 AM

Jed Mercurio's association with it will certainly have helped.

Nesbitt was in a show years ago called Murphy's Law (I think!) which I really liked and he did a good, if cliched, baddie in it but outside of Cold Feet I find him hard to watch.

trailer

Watched the Lorenskog disappearance on Netflix. I liked it, but might not be for everyone. Something about those Scandinavian shows I quite like.

J70

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 26, 2022, 10:25:38 PM
Just saw this today for anyone interested

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/best-tv-shows-of-all-time-1234598313/jeopardy-2-1234599051/

Great list, although obviously centred on American television, and like all such lists will have items on which everyone will disagree.

The first three seasons of Fargo were outstanding. Second one is probably the best single season of TV I've every seen. Fourth one didn't quite catch me like the rest.

Tony Baloney

Wouldn't argue with #1. I have never heard of Atlanta in the Top 10.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2022, 01:17:59 PM
Wouldn't argue with #1. I have never heard of Atlanta in the Top 10.

I really like it. Very gritty with some real comedic moments definitely worth a watch!

rosnarun

Quote from: laoislad on August 25, 2022, 03:08:46 PM
Quote from: Targetman on August 24, 2022, 11:23:40 PM
Watching The Wire, Stringer just got whacked, bad shit!!
Spoiler!!
spoler alert

Just catching up with Dallas  it was fecking Kristin
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Aristo 60

One gripe I have with ROP is that the most primitive race nearly all have bad Irish accents. It feels a bit racist to me - why can't they have russian or australian accents?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 29, 2022, 12:08:01 PM
One gripe I have with ROP is that the most primitive race nearly all have bad Irish accents. It feels a bit racist to me - why can't they have russian or australian accents?

Would that not still be racist to them? They have an accent, so. If you look to be offended then you will be, at anything
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/sep/28/irish-people-have-faced-centuries-of-discrimination-why-are-lord-of-the-rings-accents-so-offensively-bad

Great article on this here.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 12:20:40 PM

Would that not still be racist to them? They have an accent, so. If you look to be offended then you will be, at anything

It would still be racist, yes, but I'd have no gripe with it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 29, 2022, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 12:20:40 PM

It would still be racist, yes, but I'd have no gripe with it

So accents allowed? unless its showing them to be ordinary people  ;)