TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Westworld never had much mojo. It's a poor mans lost, filling the void of character development, plot continuity and empathy with a big budget, special effects and "shock effect, with the non-lost trait x-rated nudity thrown in for good measure.

Word to the wise, if you want an audience to empathise with your characters don't make them stifled automated robots. As the origins human characters numbers  dwindles there's really very little to care about in the show.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on May 20, 2018, 11:26:12 PM
Westworld never had much mojo. It's a poor mans lost, filling the void of character development, plot continuity and empathy with a big budget, special effects and "shock effect, with the non-lost trait x-rated nudity thrown in for good measure.

Word to the wise, if you want an audience to empathise with your characters don't make them stifled automated robots. As the origins human characters numbers  dwindles there's really very little to care about in the show.

I don't know how people watched a minute of Westworld and thought the interesting story was the humans' one.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2018, 11:02:29 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2018, 10:25:09 PM
Has Westworld lost it's mojo or is it just me??

Think it’s just reaching a point, it will (I hope) kick on soon
Too many timeline pieces going on at the moment but it's still a very intriguing and well acted show and i'm very interested to see how this season finishes. BTW i gave Lost a watch for about two seasons and got bored of it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 20, 2018, 11:46:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2018, 11:02:29 PM

Think it's just reaching a point, it will (I hope) kick on soon
Too many timeline pieces going on at the moment but it's still a very intriguing and well acted show and i'm very interested to see how this season finishes. BTW i gave Lost a watch for about two seasons and got bored of it.

Yeah Lost just went on way too long
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

It was never any good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

Dope on Netflix is a sobering view of the drugs world.

Show is expertly put together with unbelievable access to the drugs world from the top to the bottom.

Cops really are on a hiding to nothing trying to catch these guys.

Well worth watching

Captain Obvious

Season 1 was a hard act to follow and this season is not the same without its best actor.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 21, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
Season 1 was a hard act to follow and this season is not the same without its best actor.

Who isn't in this season? Haven't started it yet
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Therealdonald

Evil genius on netflix. Good watch

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Minder on May 21, 2018, 05:53:09 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 21, 2018, 05:30:17 PM

Who isn't in this season? Haven't started it yet

Is that information classed as a spoiler? I wouldn't want to upset a few cranky lads on here.

screenexile

Just finished the first season of Atlanta ... very smart and funny if a bit slow moving. Second season due to start soon hopefully it takes off a bit!!

nrico2006

Westworld season one for the most was average at best too. When us a proper show like Better Call Saul coming back?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2018, 11:17:30 PM
Just finished the first season of Atlanta ... very smart and funny if a bit slow moving. Second season due to start soon hopefully it takes off a bit!!

The whole of season 2 has aired already.

Hardy

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2018, 11:54:21 PM
Westworld season one for the most was average at best too. When us a proper show like Better Call Saul coming back?

No release date yet for Season 4.

AZOffaly

Anyone watching/watched Longmire?