TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Canalman on April 17, 2015, 11:15:56 AM
Finished Banshee S2.Watchable. Not quiet as good as S1. Hard to see it going any further tbh........... plot way too far fetched.

Season 3 is the best imo. 2 episodes in particular were as good as I've ever seen on the box.   Far fetched? Its a TV show, go with it!

nrico2006

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 11:02:09 AM
Finished GOT season 3 last night....wow. Intention to watch 1 and ended up watching 3.

The Red Wedding.....didn't see that coming.

I remember at the time of the wedding there was a whole hoo haa about the show and some massacre so when I did watch it I had sort of spoiled that bit for myself.  Season 4 is amazing too, straight from the first few episodes.

I had watched Gotham but stopped the past few weeks as can't see where it is going.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2015, 11:54:31 AM
Finished GOT season 3 last night....wow. Intention to watch 1 and ended up watching 3.

I remember at the time of the wedding there was a whole hoo haa about the show and some massacre so when I did watch it I had sort of spoiled that bit for myself.  Season 4 is amazing too, straight from the first few episodes.

I had watched Gotham but stopped the past few weeks as can't see where it is going.

I probably benefitted from only watching that now then, had no idea at all of what was coming.

I reckon I'll have season 4 done over the weekend! Late nights ahead or sneaking off during the day with the ipad to watch a bit.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 17, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

I probably benefitted from only watching that now then, had no idea at all of what was coming.

I reckon I'll have season 4 done over the weekend! Late nights ahead or sneaking off during the day with the ipad to watch a bit.

Its hard to beat a good binge on a boxset

"Will I go to bed now or watch another quick episode" repeat this process hourly ;D

blewuporstuffed

What app do you use to watch the stuff on the ipad?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on April 17, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

"Will I go to bed now or watch another quick episode" repeat this process hourly ;D

I'm in the bad books though as we started watching it together but I'm a full season ahead now  :)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2015, 12:28:30 PM

Sky Go app as I have they have the boxset on that.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 17, 2015, 12:28:17 PM

I'm in the bad books though as we started watching it together but I'm a full season ahead now  :)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 17, 2015, 12:28:30 PM

Sky Go app as I have they have the boxset on that.

Doesn't work in my house either, I refuse to watch something at the rate herself does. Women have no stamina :-)

Bingo

And men have no patience  :D

laoislad

I'm surprised anyone that watches Game of Thrones actually has a woman in their lives  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on April 17, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
I'm surprised anyone that watches Game of Thrones actually has a woman in their lives  ;)

A curse on the house Laois.....send a Raven to summon my Bannerman.

(I may be watching too much at once).

nrico2006

I was in bother regularly over the past few months after going through Dexter and Breaking Bad.  Every night when I got a spare minute and at any point during the day aswell.  Glad I am by that now, was tough going.  That was until I seen Showbox has all of season 3 and 4 of Person Of Interest on it and currently on UK TV its only at the start of season 3.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Likely get hammered for this but jeez I was very disappointed with True Detective guys.

Yes the acting was very good but the storyline never really done it for me.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 02:24:01 PM

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on April 17, 2015, 02:50:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 17, 2015, 02:24:01 PM

screenexile

Trailer out for the new series of True Detective . . . they might just pull it out of the bag again!!

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/video-the-first-trailer-for-true-detective-2-is-here/491563