The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolph1

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 22, 2019, 10:27:59 PM
Where were the chaperones on this school trip? It was their responsibility first to direct the kids away from the Black Israelites and then to intervene in the High Noon showdown between the kid and the drummer.

Why should they run away? Surely these Black Israelites should be arrested for public order offences?
You guys love complaining about hate crimes but don't even apportion blame when all the evidence is there. Why is that?

Oh - I know :)

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

joemamas

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 22, 2019, 05:40:33 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 22, 2019, 04:50:14 PM
Yet again the liberal media lost credibility about a schoolboy supposedly smirking in Washington DC at an anti-abortion march.
He didn't respond to provocation yet he's been demonized by utter morons from Alissa Milano to CNN "journalists".

Don't judge on the colour of skin, judge on the nature of their grin.

Wearing a MAGA hatin public sends the left into meltdown. Those kids are showing that they won't be bullied. Hopefully this is the start of standing up to the left's utter madness.

Dolph are you Adolf in disguise? Don't try and change the rhetoric. The photos and videos don't lie. That smirking f**king cnut should have had his head taken off his shoulders. I'm no conservative nor liberal but I know a cnut when I see one.

Still feel the same after the truth has emerged.
Hope you are never on a jury.

Dolph1

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 22, 2019, 10:27:59 PM
Where were the chaperones on this school trip? It was their responsibility first to direct the kids away from the Black Israelites and then to intervene in the High Noon showdown between the kid and the drummer.

Also, on the issue of the MAGA hats, once again I call the chaperones to task. The kids were there as representatives of their school, not simply as private individuals. Typically, schools have dress code regulations, and those hats were inappropriate attire. I've taught at a private Catholic high school for thirty years. Our students were at the march, but they were not wearing MAGA hats or hoodies. Our school, for example, has strict rules about dress. We would have prohibited the wearing of those hats as inappropriate, just as we would have outlawed Metallica t-shirts or Bud Lite paraphernalia, or anything else that could be construed as blemishing the school's reputation. It was up to the chaperones to explain the dress code regulations before the trip and to enforce them on the day.

Here is an excerpt from the Covington Catholic website regarding attire: "Any appropriate t-shirt, jersey or sweatshirt that is in keeping with our Catholic faith and Covington Catholic expectations may be worn." The key words are "appropriate" and "in keeping with our Catholic faith," standards enforced by the school representatives. A shirt proclaiming "Sanders 2020" would be equally unsuitable.

Did you wear school clothes at weekends going to off-site events?
They went to the march for life event. Another reason why the liberal media were so quick to demonise these kids.

Oraisteach

The term "school clothes" is vague. We had a dress code, not a uniform, but if they were representing the school at an off-site event, they were expected to adhere to the school's dress code regulations. Of course, for off-site events of a casual nature, like a march, the rules were less strict, and so  they were,for example, allowed to wear jeans, which were not permitted at school. The central prohibition was against logos that the school deemed inappropriate. On a Right to Life march, the typical garb would be jeans and a school/ college hoodie. So, not surprisingly, I was stunned to see so many Covington kids sporting MAGA gear.

whitey

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 23, 2019, 02:43:50 PM
The term "school clothes" is vague. We had a dress code, not a uniform, but if they were representing the school at an off-site event, they were expected to adhere to the school's dress code regulations. Of course, for off-site events of a casual nature, like a march, the rules were less strict, and so  they were,for example, allowed to wear jeans, which were not permitted at school. The central prohibition was against logos that the school deemed inappropriate. On a Right to Life march, the typical garb would be jeans and a school/ college hoodie. So, not surprisingly, I was stunned to see so many Covington kids sporting MAGA gear.

I'm curious....did they bring this gear from home or did they buy it on a lark once they arrived in DC?

If I were a betting person, I'd say the latter

Trump got 44% of the vote in my town and since the election I don't think I have seen one person wearing a MAGA hat.....never mind a gang of teenagers who aren't even of voting age

Oraisteach

I'd say you're right, whitey, and that's when the chaperones should have stepped in and said it was inappropriate apparel, reminding them that they were representing their school and that it was a Right to Life march.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 23, 2019, 03:07:44 PM

I'm curious....did they bring this gear from home or did they buy it on a lark once they arrived in DC?

Trump got 44% of the vote in my town a
nd since the election I don't think I have seen one person wearing a MAGA hat.....never mind a gang of teenagers who aren't even of voting age

you don't live in MAGAstan, Whitey, do you?

you'll never get it right,
'Cause when you're laid in bed at night,
Watching roaches climb the wall,
If you called your Dad he could stop it all.

I bet you could pay $400 if you had a medical emergency. 40% of Americans could not
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Trump got 44% of the vote in my town and since the election I don't think I have seen one person wearing a MAGA hat.....never mind a gang of teenagers who aren't even of voting age
thats because chances are you would be verbally assaulted at the least or perhaps physically assaulted by some loon for wearing a hat.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 23, 2019, 03:55:10 PM

thats because chances are you would be verbally assaulted at the least or perhaps physically assaulted by some loon for wearing a hat.

Examples?

My sister-in-law was threatened by two yokels in a plains state a few years because she had an Obama sticker on her car.

There was an interview during the last election with some tow truck operator in the Carolinas who refused to tow the car of some woman who had broke down because she had Bernie stickers.

There's arseholes everywhere. Doesn't mean you're going to take your life into your hands by wearing a MAGA hat.

I live in NYC, and the most common expressions of political opinion you see on cars around here (and you don't see many of any persuasion) are anti-liberal or anti-Hillary stickers, and pretty virulent ones at that. Never heard of any of the aggressive, loudmouths sporting them getting hassle though.

omaghjoe

I dunno J70

If I saw anyone in Socal wearing one of those hats first thing I would think would be "twit!"
2nd would be "are you mad* wearing that around here?"

*irish meaning not american tho it could work either way!

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 23, 2019, 04:26:35 PM
I dunno J70

If I saw anyone in Socal wearing one of those hats first thing I would think would be "twit!"

I would think "twit" also.

But I see lots of arseholes of various types every day. Doesn't mean I'm going to hassle or threaten them. Especially somewhere like NYC, where someone wearing a MAGA hat is often trying to be provocative. Why give them the satisfaction of a reaction or confrontation? I just ignore the c***ts.

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2019, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on January 23, 2019, 04:26:35 PM
I dunno J70

I would think "twit" also.

But I see lots of arseholes of various types every day. Doesn't mean I'm going to hassle or threaten them. Especially somewhere like NYC, where someone wearing a MAGA hat is often trying to be provocative. Why give them the satisfaction of a reaction or confrontation? I just ignore the c***ts.

Yeah its true, even more so in SoCal!
Only ever seen Bumper stickers around here... all driven by gents that remind me of yer man in that ad driving around in circles in the big pickup (cant mind what the ad is for)

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2019, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 23, 2019, 03:55:10 PM

Examples?

My sister-in-law was threatened by two yokels in a plains state a few years because she had an Obama sticker on her car.

There was an interview during the last election with some tow truck operator in the Carolinas who refused to tow the car of some woman who had broke down because she had Bernie stickers.

There's arseholes everywhere. Doesn't mean you're going to take your life into your hands by wearing a MAGA hat.

I live in NYC, and the most common expressions of political opinion you see on cars around here (and you don't see many of any persuasion) are anti-liberal or anti-Hillary stickers, and pretty virulent ones at that. Never heard of any of the aggressive, loudmouths sporting them getting hassle though.
trump supporters weee assualted in San Jose California by people carrying la raza banners no less who would be the supremacists here

Dolph1

She's the Democrats gift that keeps on giving

"The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change" Ocasio-Cortez says

So as well as being a financial genius she is a scientist as well. and a waitress.

Certainly no end to her talents.

whitey

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 23, 2019, 07:13:07 PM
She's the Democrats gift that keeps on giving

"The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change" Ocasio-Cortez says

So as well as being a financial genius she is a scientist as well. and a waitress.

Certainly no end to her talents.

If she wasn't smokin hot no one would be listening to a word she s saying