Dublin accommodation

Started by Boycey, June 12, 2017, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Can anyone tell me is there someone on in Dublin this week that I don't know about? I need to be in Dublin early Wed morning for a hospital appointment of someone close to me. Sometimes I travel up and stay the night before, usually for reasonable price. Tomorrow night though I can't even get a grotty b&b for anything less than €200 (for 1 person). I know it's tourist season but is accommodation really that hard to get in Dublin.. I could stay in Manhatten for less!!!

Captain Scarlet

Hit up Air bnb. I know some of my more conservative friends baulked at me for suggesting it last year but they ended up in a shithole while we had a class apt for a lot less.
You need to register and all, but it is worthwhile.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Boycey

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 12, 2017, 06:05:14 PM
Hit up Air bnb. I know some of my more conservative friends baulked at me for suggesting it last year but they ended up in a shithole while we had a class apt for a lot less.
You need to register and all, but it is worthwhile.

I've looked believe me and there's feck all on it either..

AZOffaly

Dublin is cat. And I'm done with hoteliers giving it the poor mouth at the next recession. They absolutely milk us in the good times, so they can f*ck off when the belts get tight again.

I've been staying at least 1 night a week in Dublin for the past 5 years, in the same hotel for the most part. The last two summers they have cancelled our corporate rate (99€) so that they can fleece either us or some poor tourists. The same room is now minimum €189 a night. Absolute gangsters.

I've found deals further out, even as far as City West for €82 one night, but unfortunately when I arrived I had it booked for the following week. Imagine what a tit I felt!

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 08:17:39 PM
I've found deals further out, even as far as City West for €82 one night, but unfortunately when I arrived I had it booked for the following week. Imagine what a tit I felt!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Subbie

Dublin is cat. And I'm done with hoteliers giving it the poor mouth at the next recession. They absolutely milk us in the good times, so they can f*ck off when the belts get tight again.

I've been staying at least 1 night a week in Dublin for the past 5 years, in the same hotel for the most part. The last two summers they have cancelled our corporate rate (99€) so that they can fleece either us or some poor tourists. The same room is now minimum €189 a night. Absolute gangsters.

Are you Fearon in disguise  ;) ;D ;D ;D

screenexile

Stay in Dublin regularly with work and it's a nightmare. Office is on the Northsise but good luck getting anywhere in North Dublin on a weeknight. Once I had to stay in the City North in Drogheda!!

Staying tomorrow night in Citywest for €130... the bastards!!!

Captain Scarlet

On an another related rant I recently booked two nights in Cork for a stag via booking.com. Got a deal back in Dec so paid in full.
Then I couldn´t go, so changed the room to my mates. Then started getting messages asking me to confirm I was staying ,etc.
Checked the card and say money had gone out, but rang in case. All OK so happy out.
then got two more mails closer to the time, one saying I hadn´t paid and another asking to confirm. Rang hotel again who said it wasn´t them and it was all ok.
Then after a few more mails and blaming booking.com your one said that she had to check and booking.com sent the mails. So she fuckin was asking them to send the mails, even though I told them twice on the phone I was staying ' I had paid in full, why wouldn´t I pay.
Of course, it was a bank holiday weekend and they could get 100 more for the room...

Just a rant there, but in general it shows how shite service and customer care is in hotels here. Christ if RWC arrives you would shudder to think.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.