Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

maldini

Quote from: BennyCake on December 16, 2020, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 16, 2020, 01:05:20 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 16, 2020, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: shark on December 16, 2020, 12:21:09 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 16, 2020, 11:03:51 AM
Like Ole & Arteta he's done nothing to warrant a chance of the job he's in, expectation for Lampard should be greater given the extent he's backed and the squad he inherited.

Watched the 2nd half of City last night, miles off where they were 2 years ago. I don't think all their issues will be solved by buying a top class centre forward either, they've got more issues then that.

It would go a long way though. With Aguero hardly ever playing they are left with Jesus. He's a very good player - but not sure he could be considered in the top 10 forwards in the league. And when you compare against the top clubs in Europe, and who is leading the line for them, he's not at the same level.

It will help but not sure to what extent. Anytime I've seen them they've struggled to create decent chances and when they had its not even been Jesus who's missed them, Sterling has always missed easy chances and will continue to do so. City no longer press like they used too and he's changed the dynamic in midfield which I assume it to protect his defence. Looks like he doesn't trust Foden to play centrally with De Bruyne.

Having supported City for a long time something just seems off this year.

Last year Liverpool were exceptional - no excuses.

This year it just all seems a bit stale and devoid of ideas - the exciting football is gone or shall I say the penetration is gone when we go at teams.

We still control the possession stats but we are really missing a striker who can put away a half chance or make something from nothing.

Sterlings game has improved under Pep but he seems to have reached a level. Jesus is good, not great.

Before last nights game we were favourites for the league - that had to be on reputation alone as our season so far did not warrant it.

The next few games are all winnnable but we are missing Aguero like never before

Pep has mentally exhausted City's players. He is just too intense.

I thought last season would have been his last at City. This will definitely be his last. He may even be sacked before the summer if things don't improve.

I wouldn't be sacking him just yet

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 04, 2021, 10:10:48 PM
It's funny how quick things can change now there's increased medical testing 😉
Covid - conspiracy against LFC!
LFC had probably one of the easiest xmas run of games
4 games in 16 days
5 points.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rich Ricci on January 04, 2021, 09:58:02 PM
Poor enough performance from Liverpool but thought Southampton were brilliant. Got the bonus of the early goal but their defensive set up from then on in was top class. No shot on target against until the 75th min says it all.

If you were a Liverpool supporter you'd had to be slightly concerned with last few results, I just hope they don't click Sunday week..
I'd fully expect Liverpool to beat Manchester United but consistency wise they look well off, they just look mentally shot

Wouldn't be unhappy at all with an FA Cup exit

Great week for Manchester City, and they have a very good run of fixtures coming up in January, you'd have to make them favourites

delgany

Need to buy two centre backs now !

Milltown Row2

At least the league is interesting this year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

After getting defeated by Southampton Klopp has a moan about the number of penalties Utd get. Lol.

reillycavan

Quote from: GJL on January 04, 2021, 11:27:48 PM
After getting defeated by Southampton Klopp has a moan about the number of penalties Utd get. Lol.

Mane was like Tom Daley tonight 🤣🤣

Jell 0 Biafra

Did you lump on for the 5-0, RC?

GetOverTheBar

It's a strange league this year. Two or three wins at this stage could put anyone from West Ham up really close to 1st spot. Really interesting to see who is going to go on that run.

Anyone making a January signing at this stage that has an instant impact would be favourites.

lurganblue

Klopp firing shots, "I hear now that Manchester United had more penalties in two years than I had in five-and-a-half years. I've no idea if that's my fault, or how that can happen.

"But it's no excuse for the performance. We cannot change it, we have to respect the decisions. But we can change our performance. That's our focus now."

GetOverTheBar

He's not really telling any lies. United have something like 1 in 2 games in all competitions under Ole. Scary.

The one at the weekend just shows all that is wrong with football at minute.

nrico2006

Klopp is a very sore loser - what has United got to do with his team last night?  I think Leicester have got even more penalties than United though.  But you can't compare the number of penalties one team gets to another, there are at least 11 different individuals playing for each team that all play in their unique way.  Some draw more fouls/penalties than others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 05, 2021, 11:44:29 AM
Klopp is a very sore loser - what has United got to do with his team last night?  I think Leicester have got even more penalties than United though.  But you can't compare the number of penalties one team gets to another, there are at least 11 different individuals playing for each team that all play in their unique way.  Some draw more fouls/penalties than others.

There is no doubt he's a professional whinger. They don't get pens, they don't get the same rest, the league is conspiring against his plucky Liverpool team.
Salah is on the ground more than his feet and you never hear anyone say anything about that. He should get a job testing mattresses he lies down that much.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 05, 2021, 10:55:51 AM
He's not really telling any lies. United have something like 1 in 2 games in all competitions under Ole. Scary.

The one at the weekend just shows all that is wrong with football at minute.

It was a clear penalty, the new footage from another angle which the VAR official had access showed that Pogba had been fouled.