Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 16, 2020, 11:03:51 AM
Like Ole & Arteta he's done nothing to warrant a chance of the job he's in, expectation for Lampard should be greater given the extent he's backed and the squad he inherited.

Watched the 2nd half of City last night, miles off where they were 2 years ago. I don't think all their issues will be solved by buying a top class centre forward either, they've got more issues then that.

It would go a long way though. With Aguero hardly ever playing they are left with Jesus. He's a very good player - but not sure he could be considered in the top 10 forwards in the league. And when you compare against the top clubs in Europe, and who is leading the line for them, he's not at the same level.

imtommygunn

Bilic gone and big Sam to come in apparently.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: shark on December 16, 2020, 12:21:09 PM
Like Ole & Arteta he's done nothing to warrant a chance of the job he's in, expectation for Lampard should be greater given the extent he's backed and the squad he inherited.

Watched the 2nd half of City last night, miles off where they were 2 years ago. I don't think all their issues will be solved by buying a top class centre forward either, they've got more issues then that.

It would go a long way though. With Aguero hardly ever playing they are left with Jesus. He's a very good player - but not sure he could be considered in the top 10 forwards in the league. And when you compare against the top clubs in Europe, and who is leading the line for them, he's not at the same level.

It will help but not sure to what extent. Anytime I've seen them they've struggled to create decent chances and when they had its not even been Jesus who's missed them, Sterling has always missed easy chances and will continue to do so. City no longer press like they used too and he's changed the dynamic in midfield which I assume it to protect his defence. Looks like he doesn't trust Foden to play centrally with De Bruyne.

Taylor

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 16, 2020, 12:55:17 PM

It will help but not sure to what extent. Anytime I've seen them they've struggled to create decent chances and when they had its not even been Jesus who's missed them, Sterling has always missed easy chances and will continue to do so. City no longer press like they used too and he's changed the dynamic in midfield which I assume it to protect his defence. Looks like he doesn't trust Foden to play centrally with De Bruyne.

Having supported City for a long time something just seems off this year.

Last year Liverpool were exceptional - no excuses.

This year it just all seems a bit stale and devoid of ideas - the exciting football is gone or shall I say the penetration is gone when we go at teams.

We still control the possession stats but we are really missing a striker who can put away a half chance or make something from nothing.

Sterlings game has improved under Pep but he seems to have reached a level. Jesus is good, not great.

Before last nights game we were favourites for the league - that had to be on reputation alone as our season so far did not warrant it.

The next few games are all winnnable but we are missing Aguero like never before

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2020, 12:23:30 PM

Wouldn't put it past him to pull it off again. Definitely doable in a year like this. His type of style its tailor made for the frantic nature of this season. Fairly basic to implement, even from day one.

lurganblue

rodney trotter

West Brom after a good result away at City. The decision probaly made before then, but no patience with the some clubs. Wilder being backed at Sheffield United despite losing 11 in 12

Allardyce said he was finished being a survival manager, but still taking the jobs.

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on December 16, 2020, 01:05:20 PM

This year it just all seems a bit stale and devoid of ideas - the exciting football is gone or shall I say the penetration is gone when we go at teams.

We still control the possession stats but we are really missing a striker who can put away a half chance or make something from nothing.

Sterlings game has improved under Pep but he seems to have reached a level. Jesus is good, not great.

Before last nights game we were favourites for the league - that had to be on reputation alone as our season so far did not warrant it.

The next few games are all winnnable but we are missing Aguero like never before

Pep has mentally exhausted City's players. He is just too intense.

I thought last season would have been his last at City. This will definitely be his last. He may even be sacked before the summer if things don't improve.

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2020, 12:23:30 PM

That's harsh. Right after a good performance and point away to City, and they weren't adrift or anything. Maybe the board were worried Big Sam would have been snapped up if they'd waited! ;D

"19th Century football" is back!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: BennyCake on December 16, 2020, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 16, 2020, 01:05:20 PM

Pep has mentally exhausted City's players. He is just too intense.

I thought last season would have been his last at City. This will definitely be his last. He may even be sacked before the summer if things don't improve.

Jesus what was he at with the 4th official at the end. Over a throw in as opposed to the added on time i believe. V close to being in big trouble there.

City def dont seem to be the same force as  seasons ago but shapin up to be a crazy season where a few wins on the bounce could change plenty

Cunny Funt

As it stands Southampton top of the Premier league. The English journalists had Hasenhuttl sacked when they lost 9-0 to Leicester last season. On the subject of sacking, poor form by West Brom to sack Bilic.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool will need to dip back into Southampton's squad again in January
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Champions playing at home against the pretenders and bottlers!  4-0
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

The so called Tottenham title challenge under Jose has faded fast.

sid waddell

Handy confidence booster for Arsenal against Frank's chaps here

Good old Frank, you can't say he hasn't bought into the Christmas spirit of generosity