Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

We stopped second half, the hand pass out to the overlapping player was too easy, we aren't far away but struggled at times to cope with their play.

All that said we gave away a soft enough penalty and should have went 3 up at half time. The weather and conditions would have played a part but it's the same for both.

They took the second goal well, ball out wide head up found the man running through who from tight angle squeezed it in.

Good crowd at the game and NmM was stand out player for us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Davy is a bit less condescending about us than auld donal og.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 13, 2022, 10:20:44 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2022, 10:17:09 PM
Davy is a bit less condescending about us than auld donal og.
Just a bit. We are passionate about our hurling up here, I am glad to hear....again. "They're shite but they really enjoy it."

Davy friendly with Tony Shivers and is well looked after when he comes up here so he is always going to play nice  ;)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yous need Brendan Rogers. Then again so do wew

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 13, 2022, 11:43:33 PM

I know he's an Antrim man, not sure of his hurling pedigree though;

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 14, 2022, 09:21:13 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 13, 2022, 11:43:33 PM

I know he's an Antrim man, not sure of his hurling pedigree though;

Carnlough men generally played for Glenarm, I'm not sure I came up against him to be fair, looks like a nippy wee corner forward
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

He didn't hurl a lot. Was more a Basketballer. His wee brother Declan was a class act though.

Saffrongael

Waterford next for Antrim in two weeks, who put up an absolute cricket score on Laois. Do we think the Ballygunner players will be back or still on the sauce ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 14, 2022, 01:54:04 PM
Waterford next for Antrim in two weeks, who put up an absolute cricket score on Laois. Do we think the Ballygunner players will be back or still on the sauce ?

Still on the sauce, Waterford by 10, seriously though Antrim hurling well and if they had another marquee forward with physical strength like Rogers they could be getting closer to Dublin.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 14, 2022, 02:07:17 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 14, 2022, 01:54:04 PM

Still on the sauce, Waterford by 10, seriously though Antrim hurling well and if they had another marquee forward with physical strength like Rogers they could be getting closer to Dublin.

Hi ya Brendan
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

He's right though. I said this myself. A ball winning forward who would go at defenders would be a godsend for us.

Worrying what Waterford did to Laois.

I think we are improving again but this division is just so tough.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 14, 2022, 04:20:52 PM
He's right though. I said this myself. A ball winning forward who would go at defenders would be a godsend for us.

Worrying what Waterford did to Laois.

I think we are improving again but this division is just so tough.

It's unforgiving but you'll learn a lot more playing the Kilkenny's and Waterfords of this world than playing in a lower division where wins are easier to come by.

Barring McManus it seems a young enough panel who'll come good in a few years time if they keep getting this type of exposure.

imtommygunn

Yeah it's all definitely heading in the right direction. The score waterford put up against Laois is a worry but the Laois game is the critical one.

It's a pity Clare weren't in this division. I think they'd be beatable too. Maybe, maybe, wexford we could give a game to as well.

Good to see Down improving. (Though hopefully not too much  ;D)

NAG1

There really isnt that much of a gap to Clare and Wexford. It we could get some level of consistency and get into this group it would bring us on over the next few years.

Thought the Clare Wexford match was poor enough at the weekend but that group of those two Dublin Laois and ourselves could be a seriously competitive league on its own.

imtommygunn

Yeah tbh a true division 1a and 1b or 1 and 2 or whatever they want to label them as would arguably be better for teams like us rather than mixing 12 teams. It actually would be much better for the top teams too as relegation would be a real scramble. (It was like that before).