Laois Under 21 Football championship 2016

Started by Hospital Pass, October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hospital Pass

Anybody at either of the under 21 football games at the weekend? the competition might fill my football void now that the senior is over  ;D  Didn't even realize it had started until I seen the results. Killeshin Crettyard v  St Joseph's-Barrowhouse would have been a right good game id say.
I presume  St Joseph's-Barrowhouse would be strong favorites for this given their recent success?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Hospital Pass on October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM
Anybody at either of the under 21 football games at the weekend? the competition might fill my football void now that the senior is over  ;D  Didn't even realize it had started until I seen the results. Killeshin Crettyard v  St Joseph's-Barrowhouse would have been a right good game id say.
I presume  St Joseph's-Barrowhouse would be strong favorites for this given their recent success?
It was a poor enough affair. Cretty/Kileshin were without Evan Carroll and they also missed a host of chances. Joes/BH were ok and done what they had to do to win it.They also have a gem of a player in Adam Campion. They seemed a bit cockey IMO but have loads of talent coming through....

Saint75

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 18, 2016, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: Hospital Pass on October 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM
It was a poor enough affair. Cretty/Kileshin were without Evan Carroll and they also missed a host of chances. Joes/BH were ok and done what they had to do to win it.They also have a gem of a player in Adam Campion. They seemed a bit cockey IMO but have loads of talent coming through....

Definitely not cocky but I would worry that some who have been playing a lot of football over the last year have lost their edge. I think they were lucky that Evan O'Carroll was injured.

SCFC

Good win for Graigue over Port today. Sarsfiels hammered Ballylinan Glenmore and Joes/House comfortable over Courtwood Emo Rock yesterday.

The Monument Road

Quote from: SCFC on October 23, 2016, 03:28:22 PM
Good win for Graigue over Port today. Sarsfiels hammered Ballylinan Glenmore and Joes/House comfortable over Courtwood Emo Rock yesterday.
For three clubs combined Ballylinan/Glenn were horrific....no imput from either Kileen or Arles  worth talking about bar young Brennan from Arles. Same could be said for Courtwood/Emo/Rock another 3 club combination. Joes/Bh ran riot in the second half. Very talented outfit with 8 or 9 of Joes senior team playing.Joe Higgins twin boys are some talent...

Butch Cassidy

What age are Joe's young lads? You're making us feel old

Butch Cassidy

Hospital Pass

Seen 2 of the games at the weekend.
St Joseph's-Barrowhouse have some team on paper. most of them are either Laois under 21's or Laois minors. The 10 point win did flatter them a little. 20 minutes to go and the game was level. Brian daly and adam campion were my standouts.
Courtwood-Emo-The Rock fell apart with the concession of a very sloppy goal. heads went down and they never recovered.
At least they showed some promise. Crowley, luttrell and murphy all tried hard.

The same cant be said of    Ballylinan/Glenmore, How they are not in the B side is beyond me. If it wasent for some generous refereeing I doubt they would have scored in the game. It really does look bleak for the future of the arles clubs in particular. Sarsfields were good but I think if St Joseph's-Barrowhouse were playing Ballylinan/Glenmore we would have been talking about a record beating.
Anybody at the graigue v port game?

redsetanta

With any of these small rural clubs you're relying on a group of players to come along at the same time. There is very little coming through in Arles in the 12 to 20 age group bar a couple. It's cyclical and you will be looking at the next generation before Arles will have the numbers again to compete at the highest level. In saying that the older lads will soldier on until they have to call it a day.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Downtheroad

Sarsfields beat Portlaoise today in quarter final by 7 points. Think they play Graiguecullen next. Good performances from a number of players but hard to know what Portlaoise were like so the jury is out. Graig had a good minor team a year or 2 ago so it could be an interesting semi final.

Ballyroan Abbey

Do portlaoise have any u21s on the senior team, only one i could think of would be finn and i wouldnt be sure of him even

Butch Cassidy

What's Portlaoise underage structure like? Have they much coming through?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Downtheroad on October 29, 2016, 05:59:18 PM
Sarsfields beat Portlaoise today in quarter final by 7 points. Think they play Graiguecullen next. Good performances from a number of players but hard to know what Portlaoise were like so the jury is out. Graig had a good minor team a year or 2 ago so it could be an interesting semi final.

Graigue play Stradbally next Saturday..

QuoteUnder 21 Football Championship
05/11/2016

15:00
Graiguecullen v Stradbally Parish Gaels
Crettyard GAA Club
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on October 30, 2016, 08:15:27 AM
What's Portlaoise underage structure like? Have they much coming through?

It was let slip for a few years,  living off the senior football success. Haven't had much success the past 3/4 years. They have their house in order now,  though it may take a few more years to come to fruition.