Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Laois Shopping Centre Intermediate Football Championship - Barrowhouse v The Rock, Kilcavan v Courtwood, Timahoe v Portlaoise, Annanough v O'Dempsey's.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

O'Dempseys will be hot favourites for this. Timahoe next best. The others are all pretty even.

Heshs Umpire

First game last night - Courtwood 0-12 Kilcavan 0-7. Not the greatest game to be honest but Kilcavan missed a penalty and some goal chances while Courtwood kicked something like 14 wides. Probably around a fair result.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

The Rock beat Barrowhouse Monday night 2-12 to 0-9. Score line was a bit harsh on Barrowhouse who were within 2 points entering the last 10 mins.
Aaron Dowling and Brian Daly are two fine young players and losing Daly on a black was a huge blow for Barrowhouse. Think The Rock could beat Courtwood next day out.

SCFC

O'Dempseys absolutely destroyed Annanough Wednesday night. They look like certs for the intermediate.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Results:

03/08/2016
Annanough         2-7
O'Dempseys       3-26   

01/08/2016
Barrowhouse      0-9
The Rock           2-12

31/07/2016
Timahoe            2-14
Portlaoise          1-15

30/07/2016
Kilcavan            0-7
Courtwood        0-12
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Quote from: SCFC on August 07, 2016, 11:11:38 PM
O'Dempseys absolutely destroyed Annanough Wednesday night. They look like certs for the intermediate.

Timahoe will have a say with Quigley,Damien O'Connor and Ruairi O'Connor all with Laois and ex county men in clancy and a great goalie in Eoin Culliton ....They have good players like Robbie Foyle Joe O'Connor as well...
LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

Clancy won't tog for Timahoe, he hasn't togged this year or last. But, I do think Timahoe will challenge O'Dempseys. They are probably too strong for intermediate but there is a reason they were relegated! There can be surprises at this level but the winner of whenever these two play will most likely be making the return to senior.

SCFC

Padraig Clancy is retired from club football.

Laoiseabu

Joeythelips

Kilcavan 1-12 v 7-16 Portlaoise, O'Dempseys 3-13 v 0-13 Timahoe. Portlaoise may be able to put it up to O'Dempseys, if not this looks like a dead rubber section. O'Demseys seem far too good for Intermediate, must have just had a poor year last year.

Laoiseabu

If portlaoise win intermediate do they have two senior teams they are clearly way stronger than last year at this level. A lot of their players would walk onto any other senior teams in the county. Likes of McGovern dean Cullen ciaran mc envoy were on senior team last year at some stages .Laois minors from this year and the last few years aswell

Laoiseabu

By the way JoeytheLips what was your opinion of portlaoise against your own club yesterday I know they have scoring attackers but what are they like in midfield and defensively I only saw them against annanough in the league final where they ripped them to shreds and weren't tested

Joeythelips

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 15, 2016, 01:38:50 PM
By the way JoeytheLips what was your opinion of portlaoise against your own club yesterday I know they have scoring attackers but what are they like in midfield and defensively I only saw them against annanough in the league final where they ripped them to shreds and weren't tested

Sorry mate, Im no longer on home soil so have not seen Kilcavan themselves play this year. I heard the Portlaoise midfield was decent alright and going forward were pretty ruthless (as the score suggests). Kilcavan is not a big club though the squad is very rarely more than 20 players so even a couple of players missing can be a huge blow to them, going on what I heard they had a one of their defenders in goals. Still they won Division 3 this year so if they can remain in the Intermediate section it will have been a good year. Portlaoise 2nd team are always hard to judge as they may lose players to the seniors but if they can keep them all together they could be dangerous. They are probably the one side that could really trouble O'Dempseys.

SCFC

Portlaoise through to semis. They will trouble any team in this grade.