Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearse Blue

Quote from: clarshack on October 28, 2019, 02:03:03 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on October 28, 2019, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 28, 2019, 09:03:01 AM
What will happen in Division 2 if there are more than 2 clubs on 15 points after the last round of fixtures? More playoffs to make playoffs? Aghyaran guaranteed to be on 15 points anyway as Urney have packed up for the year after yesterday. Be interesting to see how the others on 13 fair out. We only have another fortnight to wait to find out!!

Is that Urney in junior?

Weren't they senior 2 years ago?

Seems to be common enough over the years for small clubs to make the breakthrough to Division 1 and then within 2/3 years they are playing Junior. Urney and Eskra are recent examples of this with Tattyreagh the next small club likely to end up this way too.
Doesn't just happen to small clubs, Dungannon were in junior football not so long ago and were intermediate for most of recent history

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jimbop on October 28, 2019, 02:09:53 PM
Tattyreagh still have a pretty young squad. They'll be in Division 2 for a good few years yet

They'll compete in D2. Wouldn't be surprised if they pop back into Senior in a years time.

Tyrone Gaa

Tatts not a bad side.  They pulled an unexpected intermediate championship outta the bag, left them in Division 1 before their time.  Similar to Killyman a few years back only they didn't have the squad to sustain a challenge. Tatts will be a top 8 Division 2 side.  I'd imagine they will be seeking new management this year so that always is a big factor on how a team performs.
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 28, 2019, 03:12:43 PM
Tatts not a bad side.  They pulled an unexpected intermediate championship outta the bag, left them in Division 1 before their time.  Similar to Killyman a few years back only they didn't have the squad to sustain a challenge. Tatts will be a top 8 Division 2 side. I'd imagine they will be seeking new management this year so that always is a big factor on how a team performs.

Yeah believe their management has announced it is going some time ago.

Pearse Blue

The D1 table was very close this year. A lot of teams in and around the same area, I think next year will be the most competitive in a while

oakleafgael

4 divisions of 12 teams next year?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 28, 2019, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on October 28, 2019, 02:09:53 PM
Tattyreagh still have a pretty young squad. They'll be in Division 2 for a good few years yet

They'll compete in D2. Wouldn't be surprised if they pop back into Senior in a years time.
2020 will be a big year for Tattyreagh to ensure they maintain Intermediate status.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 28, 2019, 04:20:22 PM
Would be good and very competitive but the championship structure works off the leagues so how do you decide whos in each level

oakleafgael

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 28, 2019, 04:51:03 PM
Would be good and very competitive but the championship structure works off the leagues so how do you decide whos in each level

Not sure but thats whats happening apparently

Gaagaagaa20

top 16 teams in the county i.e All in division 1 and top 4 from the previous years division 2 play in senior, Rest of division 2 and 8 teams from division 3 play in intermediate and all below that play in junior. Just a suggestion

LeoMc

Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on October 28, 2019, 05:03:04 PM
top 16 teams in the county i.e All in division 1 and top 4 from the previous years division 2 play in senior, Rest of division 2 and 8 teams from division 3 play in intermediate and all below that play in junior. Just a suggestion
Might also make the league competitive to the end if your placing within a division determined which championship you played in the following year.
Would it be 11 games with and 11 games without County players? If so some thought would need to be given to additional points for games without County players.

time ticking away

Quote from: LeoMc on October 28, 2019, 06:01:51 PM
Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on October 28, 2019, 05:03:04 PM
Might also make the league competitive to the end if your placing within a division determined which championship you played in the following year.
Would it be 11 games with and 11 games without County players? If so some thought would need to be given to additional points for games without County players.
There were 4 x 12 divisions in 2005 or 2006.
Div 1a 1b 2 and 3.
1a and 1b played senior championship (24 teams)
Div 2 played intermediate championship
Div 3 played junior championship
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 28, 2019, 04:14:00 PM
The D1 table was very close this year. A lot of teams in and around the same area, I think next year will be the most competitive in a while

Agree with this, I think it's the 1st year in a lot of years the actual best 16 clubs are in the top division. Galbally always better than the tatts. Loughmacrory are up and coming then I think Pomeroy/Edendork will make up the remaining place. D1 looks like it will be highly competitive.
Living the dream!!!

PMG1

No they cant change it until the year after if its going to happen

Pearse Blue

Championship structure may need changed too, every other county seem to do the groups allowing teams to have off days. Not a back door but a group of 3 and the top two qualify or something. As well as every other county doing it, it is also similar to the Super 8s