Trevor Brennan does a Cantona!

Started by GalwayBayBoy, January 21, 2007, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

i'm a big tb fan but it looks like hes way out of order there. still love to know what was said....

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 21, 2007, 09:45:24 PM
The fan will get no sympathy from me, bollocks probably deserved it.

whats the address to that rufus?

I think this is the relevant thread Pint

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2004&PN=1

cavanmaniac

Quote from: dodo on January 21, 2007, 09:30:05 PM
Mrs Spock was just about to be beamed outta there

;D Top marks my good man!

bigpaul

Anyone who's still wearing a santa hat on the 21st january deserves to have it taken off !!!!! Tell them you were just trying to do the honours Trevor !!!!!

DrinkingHarp

looks like that fan might be the new owner of Brennan's pub although he will need it being on a liquid diet with the broken jaw.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

Have met Trev a few times and he was always a sound lad and good craic. He has however always been a lose cannon and regardless of what was said he really needed to be the bigger man and walk away, he could have reported the muppet who allegedly called his mother a whore to the stewards and got him thrown out.

Sad day for Trevor as his career will quite rightly be over, you just can't cross that line.
#newbridgeornowhere

cavan4ever

He must have been fairly pissed off but as a profesional sportsman he should have being man enough to ignore the muppet.  If all players did what he did everytime they got abuse they spent more time in the stands than in the pitch.

Josey Whales

hang on a second lads- there is two sides to everything. Why isn't that supporter banned from attending a match again. There is far too much acceptance from people (you hear it in Croke Park too) that those sort of insults go unpunished. I doubt very much lads if one of your fans in Croke Park started chanting that sort of abuse to the opposition that you'd complain to the stewards. No of course you wouldn't you'd adopt the herd mentality and say - ah! sure it's only a bit of craic. It's very easy for people to take the moral high ground but professional sportspeople are human beings as well.

SlimShady

can anyone post up a video clip?

I'd say yer man fairly filled his Y fronts when he seen Big Trev bounding over the wall to him  :D ;D

Done right, if he said what is alleged he should still be pounding the head off him!!

youbetterbelieveit

i agree with josey, if tb gets a ban for this, so should the supporter.

Dinny Breen

I agree Josey, the supporter should be banned but Trevor had to walk away, that is his responsibility.
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Thought this was a humourous reason

eyewitness account from an Ulster supporter whu was there (lifted off the UAFC site)

Quote:
We were sitting beside the poor guy who got assaulted. Brennan came on to warm up and deliberately choose to come down to the Ulster fans who were gathered in the west stand. After running across the pitch towars his own fans he ran back towards the Ulster fans and did a couple of press ups. There was some general banter, "who are you", etc and then a chorus of "you're bar's a load of rubbish". One guy said "Youre bar's crap, it was the worst Friday night of my life" Following this Brennan stepped over the wall, climbed through 5 rows of supporters and proceeded to punch one supporter repeatedly. He was separated by other fans and stewards. There was no other comments that in any way could warrant this reaction.

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

If that's all that was said, the Trevor Brennan is psychotic. I have my doubts.

Bogball XV

It's like the Cantona incident - didn't the guy attacked say he'd said "That'll be an early shower for you old boy".
According to one 'eye-witness' report, the lad didn't want to press charges (maybe he said a bit more, than we're currently hearing).
French newspapers seem to be reporting that it was sectarian, all in all, it was incredibly stupid of Brennan - but I agree with Josey the fan should also be banned for life - but how do you enforce that??

full back

The fan should be banned, if he provoked Brennan i.e sectarian or calling his wife/partner something. But by the same token Brennan has to be banned for a long time. A professional sportsperson simply cannot do that type of thing.