Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on April 14, 2023, 08:52:56 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 13, 2023, 05:55:23 PM
You can accept that it is going to be £100 million over budget if you wish but there will be many that won't. They won't see it as a good investment of £162 million. They won't see that incompetence deserves to be rewarded and they won't agree to it and politely ask the GAA to lump it. Those are people with influence at Stormont and it's hard to say that they are wrong. Indeed, if this was an IFA project, I suspect you might think differently.

I would to be fair. But Rugby and Soccer got the exact stadiums they wanted.

They didn't forge safety certs.

Walter Cronc

I think where the NI supporters club is coming from is not an upgrade to Windsor but funding for Irish league grounds. I think that was cut recently. It's surely a different pool of money but won't stop those cretins whining. GAA of course should be given a bigger chunk of the stadium fund on participation numbers alone.

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 13, 2023, 08:21:05 PM
Now we've the NI supporters club not backing casement as host ground. No surprise there. Any nationalist that supports or plays for that rabble needs their head examined!

Windsor Park only has a capacity of 18,000 but as long as they are all Protestant I suppose It doesn't matter .
UEFA minimum is around 30K for those Euros.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on April 14, 2023, 10:04:59 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 13, 2023, 08:21:05 PM
Now we've the NI supporters club not backing casement as host ground. No surprise there. Any nationalist that supports or plays for that rabble needs their head examined!

Windsor Park only has a capacity of 18,000 but as long as they are all Protestant I suppose It doesn't matter .
UEFA minimum is around 30K for those Euros.

Let them build a white elephant at Windsor. They'll not be able to afford the leccy.

clarshack

They should have given Windsor a much higher capacity when they redeveloped it in 2014. With the success of the NI team they would have easily filled a 25-30,000 stadium so they have only themselves to blame.

Wildweasel74

Well they all had the chance for, soccer/ Gaelic at the Maze built years ago for less money than the current projects.

trailer

I used to care about value for money and good governance, I honestly did but lately I'm like what is the point? The money will be spunked on some other useless project. I couldn't care if it costs 1 billion. I never see any government money anyway. It's all wasted. Heath service, Infrastructure, Community out-reach, SIF, it's all useless. We are governed by absolute morons and people continue to vote them in, so f**k them. In fact the more it costs the better. The more it hurts the better.

I have been forced to take an "I'm alright jack" approach due to the incompetence of government here to deliver services. I'm fortunate that I can afford private health care, I can afford to pay for tutors, and other things. I'm lucky and I'm grateful for it. But look at even this week. A real chance to spin NI in a positive light, opportunity to appeal for investment from the USA but what happens? The DUP and others snub the President. We could all achieve so much more but nothing ever changes and it never will, and you know what? A lot of my friends and family see it the same way.

And while I'm at it, what is the point of that McGeehan lad in the Ulster Council? What does he do apart from pose for pictures?

seafoid

Quote from: clarshack on April 14, 2023, 11:08:11 AM
They should have given Windsor a much higher capacity when they redeveloped it in 2014. With the success of the NI team they would have easily filled a 25-30,000 stadium so they have only themselves to blame.
That was really shortsighted
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on April 14, 2023, 12:31:55 PM
I used to care about value for money and good governance, I honestly did but lately I'm like what is the point? The money will be spunked on some other useless project. I couldn't care if it costs 1 billion. I never see any government money anyway. It's all wasted. Heath service, Infrastructure, Community out-reach, SIF, it's all useless. We are governed by absolute morons and people continue to vote them in, so f**k them. In fact the more it costs the better. The more it hurts the better.

I have been forced to take an "I'm alright jack" approach due to the incompetence of government here to deliver services. I'm fortunate that I can afford private health care, I can afford to pay for tutors, and other things. I'm lucky and I'm grateful for it. But look at even this week. A real chance to spin NI in a positive light, opportunity to appeal for investment from the USA but what happens? The DUP and others snub the President. We could all achieve so much more but nothing ever changes and it never will, and you know what? A lot of my friends and family see it the same way.

And while I'm at it, what is the point of that McGeehan lad in the Ulster Council? What does he do apart from pose for pictures?

the problem with private health is that it is more or less the same infrastructure. The government will spunk your money as you say but the problem will become outcomes for you or people in your family in the case of health problems. Over the next number of years I would expect life expectancy to drop a good bit here.

On your latter question I wonder the same - and his predecessor.

armaghniac

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 01:21:11 PM
I'm not sure how paying a billion quid for a stadium in Andytown that isn't required is going to put paid to all the demons you have going on there but whatever you think yourself....

I don't see how exaggerating the cost adds to the debate either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

We need a state of the art stadium. Just f**king build it.

trailer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 01:40:07 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 14, 2023, 01:34:30 PM
We need a state of the art stadium. Just f**king build it.
I've been hearing that same simplistic bullshit tagline for over 10 years now.
Meaningless drivel.

What's your solution? Clones? With the piss swirling round your feet and no cover.
We deserve a comfortable modern stadium to watch our games in. End of.

trailer

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 14, 2023, 02:46:33 PM
Solution: Take your £77 million and build what you can. If you require any further funds, raise them yourself.
You shit the bed. Lie in it or clean it up yourself.

No.

weareros

Dublin will have 5 billion surplus every year for next 5 years. Since it's a GAA stadium that will ultimately promote Irish culture, Irish gov should cover the additional costs. An additional 50 million is nothing in the scheme of things. It would soften the cough of some DUPers.