Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

looks like my pation when i dont spay it . those weeds can come up mighty Quick
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rrhf

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 23, 2016, 02:42:04 PM
Ryan Feeney? He's at Queens now I think?
Same team that has handled this still doing this maybe a shuffle or so. Same residents.  Let's get the thing built.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

orangeman

It could be a neutral space with no fleg according to the Irish News this morning. Aogan keen to move with the times.

Dougal Maguire

Heard some serial complainer Tony Diegan interviewed today about the revised plans which reduce capacity even further but they're still not happy. While the residents have rights so too does theGAA but it seems they're the only side prepared to compromise. Difficult to have any sympathy for them. Diegan sounds like a typical blow in busy body
Careful now

Hectic

I would say Casement was there before the vast majority of the residents though a fair few of the residents used to be happy enough on match days to direct traffic out their back and up a ladder over the fence for a small price.  Probably not fair to generalize though but surely if you buy a house beside a stadium you have a fair idea that there will be big crowds from time to time and the possibility of redevelopment.  Besides the most recent capacity would not have been far off the proposed capacity either.  And given where it is located I would be thinking better to get it redeveloped asap rather than it become a den of anti-social behaviour.

illdecide

There is no doubt that a few homes will be effected and they should be rewarded for their troubles but the problem with this is where does it stop/end...(if they got it i want it too). I think the residents should look more on the positives that the stadium will bring to the community rather than the negatives, there will be jobs for locals (hopefully), it will stop anti social behaviour in the area, it will look the part rather than the eyesore that's there at the minute and there will be facilities there for their kids/families and a bit of identity back to Antrim GAA.

You will never be able to please everyone and no matter what you do or bend over backwards they'll still have a problem with the design, if you made it a 10,000 capacity i guarantee someone would still have issues.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Yeah but sure if you have your eyes on a handsome compensation then you would drive that right through to completion.  Soften your stance and your potential windfall will drop.

Saffrongael

Quote from: illdecide on March 01, 2017, 09:52:39 AM
There is no doubt that a few homes will be effected and they should be rewarded for their troubles but the problem with this is where does it stop/end...(if they got it i want it too). I think the residents should look more on the positives that the stadium will bring to the community rather than the negatives, there will be jobs for locals (hopefully), it will stop anti social behaviour in the area, it will look the part rather than the eyesore that's there at the minute and there will be facilities there for their kids/families and a bit of identity back to Antrim GAA.

You will never be able to please everyone and no matter what you do or bend over backwards they'll still have a problem with the design, if you made it a 10,000 capacity i guarantee someone would still have issues.

Don't think there is much anti social behaviour in Andersonstown area
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Walter Cronc

Was totally against the previous stadium design and general apathy towards the residents. However if the new design meets safety standards then I'm for it. If capacity was the issue then why did residents not complain previously? And how often will the 34k capacity be filled, apart from concerts ;)

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 01, 2017, 10:14:30 AM
Was totally against the previous stadium design and general apathy towards the residents. However if the new design meets safety standards then I'm for it. If capacity was the issue then why did residents not complain previously? And how often will the 34k capacity be filled, apart from concerts ;)
When Antrim play Dublin in the Super 8's  8) ::) ::)

Taylor

If one of the big issues for the residents was the capacity why wasnt it brought down by more than 4k?

Looks like this new design is purely to get past the safety aspect rather than being acceptable for the residents?

However and it is a big however many of the residents will continue to complain until the right amount of gold crosses their palm

PW Nally

Would you ever sort this out once and for all. Makes the water charges fiasco in the 26 seem like an Olympic 100 yard dash.

Hectic

Quote from: Taylor on March 01, 2017, 11:15:40 AM
If one of the big issues for the residents was the capacity why wasnt it brought down by more than 4k?

Looks like this new design is purely to get past the safety aspect rather than being acceptable for the residents?

However and it is a big however many of the residents will continue to complain until the right amount of gold crosses their palm

Realistically the safety was the major hurdle - the residents are more like a yapping dog coming from behind the door of the house you happen to be standing beside as you are taking measurements for installing traffic calming along a street.