Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

What's the point of that statement?

"We're building a stadium and you know what? We're going to build it according to the regulations. What about us, eh?"

Nigel White

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2015, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2015, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 01, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
Questions must be asked of Ulster Council now.They are making the FAI and IFA look super efficient and professional
IFA's Stadium falling down.
Well, it's not. Quit with the hyperbole.
Another great call there

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on April 02, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
What's the point of that statement?

"We're building a stadium and you know what? We're going to build it according to the regulations. What about us, eh?"

If compliance with the regulations is one of the issues delaying things, then this is relevant enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2015, 06:49:35 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on April 16, 2015, 05:29:51 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2015, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2015, 11:02:47 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 01, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
Questions must be asked of Ulster Council now.They are making the FAI and IFA look super efficient and professional
IFA's Stadium falling down.
Well, it's not. Quit with the hyperbole.
Another great call there

We'll see.

I see the IFA have been advised to demolish their dodgy stand.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2015, 10:37:55 PM
I see the IFA have been advised to demolish their dodgy stand.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-32336990

As OWC always claimed, nowhere else can beat the crack at Windors park!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nigel White

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2015, 10:45:03 PM
I see that this has come from a preliminary engineer's report into the damage and I also see that the IFA are studying its findings.

In saying that, I bet they're raging they didn't grab a bigger lump of the cake originally.
Are you still sticking to your view that it's not going to come down?

keep her low this half

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2015, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on April 16, 2015, 10:53:07 PM
I see that this has come from a preliminary engineer's report into the damage and I also see that the IFA are studying its findings.

In saying that, I bet they're raging they didn't grab a bigger lump of the cake originally.
I can't see it.
Thats because you are on the wrong side of the west link, its easily visible from Tates avenue

keep her low this half

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2015, 11:43:43 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on April 16, 2015, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2015, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on April 16, 2015, 10:53:07 PM

I can't see it.
Thats because you are on the wrong side of the west link, its easily visible from Tates avenue
There's actually a great view of it from the Whiterock but I suppose you're right. Thing is, who is going to be held accountable? The contractor? His insurance company? Bad workmanship? Will they fork out?

A work-a-round is on the cards IMO.
Thats exacly why it will be out of action for a very long time. All the intrested parties will have solicitors, none will accept any responsibility and it will be dragged through the courts for a long time. The stand is knackered you would never get public liability insurance for that in the shape it is in.

Nigel White

It's the fans' fault. All that bouncing up and down when Norn Iron's playing, sure no structure could put up with that.

illdecide

Guys the contractor O'Hare McGovern are responsible for this as their scheme is a design & build and they excavated too close to the foundations of the West stand without sheet piling it. They used a trench fill but it slipped and there was nothing stopping the loadings from the stand from failing. I would bet strongly that O'Hare & McGovern's insurance will cover this stand which cannot be salvaged, it will have to be demolished and rebuilt...FACT!!!. I would say a tasty £250,000 excess would be needed (or more) but I suppose its better than forking out about £10 million...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Over the Bar

I'd say it's no coincidence that your average Norn Iron fan is the size of Stephen Nolan and any women who attend have a size profile of Ruth Patterson / Pat Butcher.  Must be the fattest fans on the planet.   Apparently back in '82 our own Tony F was an avid OWC fan but got the boot once his mass dipped under 20st, hence his dislike for them now! ! ;)

Nigel White

If I remember correctly I think O'Hare and McGovern won the contract to build this stand and when it was finished some of the workers boasted that they buried bottles of holy water and statues of the Virgin Mary and the like in the foundations.  Its no wonder the stand fell down

Minder

I see there is a new group formed in favour of Casement going ahead, Andersonstown Regeneration Committee.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orior

Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2015, 11:38:15 AM
I see there is a new group formed in favour of Casement going ahead, Andersonstown Regeneration Committee.

Where can I sign up for the group?

I also some loose shrapnel in my pocket to donate.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians