Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: illdecide on December 11, 2014, 12:38:47 PM
Davitt Park in Lurgan would be ideal...it's 1 mile from the M1 and 1 mile from a major train station. The land is there for the development. It's only 25 mins from Belfast and is as central as you'll get. It's not in the middle of a housing estate like Dungannon and would be the most sensible location if it was ever up for debate...

It would be stolen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 11, 2014, 02:10:17 PM
No doubt the naming rights will be sold to a sponsor anyway so it will probably be called the 'Hoppy Dobbins Arena' or 'Noel Grimley Stadium'

If we all chip in a few quid, we could call it Pairc Gaaboard.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

In dungannon we believe. Ill ask a question now to anyone in ulster when was the last time ye spent more than 5 minutes in Lurgan.  I'm only looking for 5 minutes.  Casement park Lurgan sounds shite.  A town with a few rotten apples around it..

illdecide

Quote from: rrhf on December 12, 2014, 12:26:23 AM
In dungannon we believe. Ill ask a question now to anyone in ulster when was the last time ye spent more than 5 minutes in Lurgan.  I'm only looking for 5 minutes.  Casement park Lurgan sounds shite.  A town with a few rotten apples around it..

I agree that Lurgan does not have a good name for itself around but I can assure you it's no worse than Dungannon or any other town for that matter, we all have our plonkers. On a serious note I've played in Dungannon's pitch and its a nightmare to get into for a club match let alone if there was a crowd there for a County match. There's nothing going for it at all except the pitch dimensions. Davitt Park is ideal for the infrastructure alone and it's actually in a nice part of Lurgan (if one exists ;)). But we are all wasting out time and effort here as the funding is/was for Casement Park/Belfast and will not be going to any other ground outside of the City...FACT!!! Its Casement Park or nothing.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

The topography is a problem in Dungannon. O'Neill Park is on a hill. Too much walking, poor for car parks etc.

I still reckon increase Armagh if Casement is scrapped.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on December 12, 2014, 11:10:18 AM
The topography is a problem in Dungannon. O'Neill Park is on a hill. Too much walking, poor for car parks etc.

I still reckon increase Armagh if Casement is scrapped.

If Casement is abolished they should not try again with an existing cramped location and face into the whole thing again, expanding the Athletic grounds in Armagh is certainly infeasible. If the likes of Dungannon is chosen then a new site would best, but God knows how long that would take.

Walter Cronc

Is Musgrave park totally out of the question?? I assume the cost to buy the land is too high?

illdecide

Milltown Row2

So Antrim would have to play their home games in either Lurgan (shit hole number 1) or Dungannon (shit hole number 2) On a serious note I've played many a game in Dungannon and while the pitch is grand and has the space available to do that (build a stadium), there are no infrastructure around it to make it a viable option
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2014, 02:02:53 PM

So Antrim would have to play their home games in either Lurgan (shit hole number 1) or Dungannon (shit hole number 2) On a serious note I've played many a game in Dungannon and while the pitch is grand and has the space available to do that (build a stadium), there are no infrastructure around it to make it a viable option

It's all shite talk as it's Belfast or nowhere...and it doesn't matter where Antrim play their games as they won't win any of them...maybe they should play them in shitholes 1 & 2 and it'll match their results ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2014, 02:02:53 PM

Why do you say that? Presumably Casement park could be reinstated without the high stands and large crowds which are the cause of objection at the planning thing.

JPGJOHNNYG

Too much time and money has been wasted for the project to go anywhere else. It will be given the green light but it may have a few thousand whacked off the capacity. The GAA will be told to to reduce the project to say 32000. The GAA wont be happy as this isnt really enough for an Ulster final and the residents wont be happy because although the height will be reduced by a few metres it will still be deemed too high and still much bigger than the unrealistic 20-25000 stadium they were willing to allow. How ironic that it was the IFA crowd that torpedoed the Maze project and came very close to having all the money for the 3 stadiums pulled due to their insistence on electing all sorts of shady characters within the association and yet their project is well under way whilst the GAA and local residents are still pissing around.

http://www.irishfa.com/stadium-development

Milltown Row2

The point where I said on a serious note had been clearly clearly missed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 12, 2014, 06:54:04 PM
Too much time and money has been wasted for the project to go anywhere else. It will be given the green light but it may have a few thousand whacked off the capacity. The GAA will be told to to reduce the project to say 32000. The GAA wont be happy as this isnt really enough for an Ulster final and the residents wont be happy because although the height will be reduced by a few metres it will still be deemed too high and still much bigger than the unrealistic 20-25000 stadium they were willing to allow. How ironic that it was the IFA crowd that torpedoed the Maze project and came very close to having all the money for the 3 stadiums pulled due to their insistence on electing all sorts of shady characters within the association and yet their project is well under way whilst the GAA and local residents are still pissing around.

http://www.irishfa.com/stadium-development

The rugby men will be happy enough with a 32000 capacity and the concert promoters will be pleased too. Bring it on.