Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 30, 2013, 05:02:00 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 30, 2013, 04:20:18 PM
I've been numerous times where there is over 4,000 in the stand and just a few hundred on the other side.

Much of that will be to do with car parking being on the side of the main stand...

By preference I would stand rather than sit. Of course, when kids get involved, having a seat (you could chain them to) would then take preference.

QuoteBut there's a lot of people who could easily be swayed and attracted by the experience.

Those same people are much more likely to be put off by men and women getting caught in the passion of the moment and using industrial language.

If you want to try and remove that passion - you'll kill the game as it is largely those that care so much that make it run.

[I've not even mentioned the eejits that would question the parentage of the referee, the eyesight of the linesmen and the basic abilities of players on both teams using crude means!]

Do are you proposing games should be over 18s only or is it OK to swear in front of kids?

snatter

Fold Housing plan for former Visteon factory in west Belfast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25581367

The old Ford factory is

• a far larger site than Casement
  • consequently much further away from residents
  • is available for development right now
  • has it's own access road
  • is v close to Finaghy station

I wonder if some lateral thinking would allow the GAA to do some sort of a land swap with Fold, Casement for the Ford factory.

This would allow the GAA to

1. build a proper sized stadium with a roof on all four sides.
Planning permission would be straightforward for the GAA, as the stadium would be regarded as replacement economic activity, especially if some work units were incorporated into the build.
2. avoid an almost certain lengthy legal challenge from Casement residents, who may have a fair chance of winning.

Fold would benefit from planning,a s it's by no means certain that the planners will approve a change of use from economic activity to housing.

Any thoughts?

Lecale2

Gizzy15

Quote from: snatter on January 03, 2014, 12:44:32 PM

The old Ford factory is

I wonder if some lateral thinking would allow the GAA to do some sort of a land swap with Fold, Casement for the Ford factory.

Planning permission would be straightforward for the GAA, as the stadium would be regarded as replacement economic activity, especially if some work units were incorporated into the build.
2. avoid an almost certain lengthy legal challenge from Casement residents, who may have a fair chance of winning.

Fold would benefit from planning,a s it's by no means certain that the planners will approve a change of use from economic activity to housing.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the news about visteon, it could also have had a slip road straight off M1 which would take a whole load of pressure off the local road network. It's too late now but there was no thought put in to original plan. Also not sure if local residents beside plant would be in favour although not the same proximity to ground as would be for the residents of casement will be.

Minder

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 05, 2014, 09:27:58 PM
Quote from: snatter on January 03, 2014, 12:44:32 PM

The old Ford factory is

Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the news about visteon, it could also have had a slip road straight off M1 which would take a whole load of pressure off the local road network. It's too late now but there was no thought put in to original plan. Also not sure if local residents beside plant would be in favour although not the same proximity to ground as would be for the residents of casement will be.

Well I don't think the local residents are in favour of the proposed social housing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

THE MIGHTY QUINN

What exactly are the local residents in favour of?   Seems to me all they want is dereliction and decay

The Worker

Will Antrim play dr mc Kenna cup games in this stadium?

Any details on today's attendance in Creggan ?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2014, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on January 05, 2014, 10:47:30 PM
What exactly are the local residents in favour of?   Seems to me all they want is dereliction and decay
You do realise that you are talking about different sets of 'local residents'?
Casement Park residents & Visteon site residents aren't the same people.
Different set, same mentality. Although they 2 fields away from each other.  Where I come from we would call them the same set.

Beo

Quote from: Lecale2 on January 04, 2014, 09:16:30 AM
It's past the post now Snatter.

Oh you silly boy.
Thinking local people have been trampled into the ground by strangers.
Time waits for no man.
Is Canamhaint mé.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Maguire01

drici

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on January 06, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

Where did drici's David Bowie post from last night go?

That was verging on a beezer.
In the studio for final recording.
Guitar intro at the start is class.
Ronson is a perfectionist.

drici

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on January 06, 2014, 06:17:30 PM

Where did drici's David Bowie post from last night go?

New song for Armagh.
Great news for the County.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cITjfIMXN0g

rrhf

Heard there was a rally against the stadium today.  Only 50 odd at it.  Looks like the people want the regeneration a new stadium brings. Fair play.  Lets get it built.   

rrhf

Is there a lower limit on interest before these things become viable?