Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterback

Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2018, 12:37:48 PM
game will surely have to be replayed? Result affects too many other teams?

If this is the case then a team who are losing can have a man lie down, pretend to be injured - request an ambulance and get the game abandoned. Fair enough nice to know

Quarterback

Quote from: Bendyerback on July 03, 2018, 11:51:21 AM
Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 03, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
I was in Galbally last night.Galbally were destroying a depleted Ardboe team,about to go 11 up and with 10 mins remaining God knows what the winning margin would've been.
I'm no medic and I can't say how badly injured our keeper was but from my vantage point behind the goals he didn't look to be in great nick.
Anyway,I'm not sure what the rule book says but I think Ardboe should've said to the ref to give Galbally the points.If the ref didn't agree to that then they should have played out the final 10 mins.
Galbally would have every right to feel hard done by if they are asked to play this again.

I would agree with you there, if Ardboe had anything in them they would have given Galbally the points.
Ardboe's reputation is great at the moment and this certainly wont help it.

Is it true Jerimiah O that you are having trouble fielding a reserve team?

Also worth noting Galbally moved the fixture to Monday night to accommodate Ardboe. Cheats

Under Lights

Play the last ten minutes with the same players surly. Any players not available can be subbed with use of a sub. Galbally ten up. I don't see a problem here.

Keyboard Warrior

I was in Galbally last night.Galbally were destroying a depleted Ardboe team,about to go 11 up and with 10 mins remaining God knows what the winning margin would've been.
I'm no medic and I can't say how badly injured our keeper was but from my vantage point behind the goals he didn't look to be in great nick.
Anyway,I'm not sure what the rule book says but I think Ardboe should've said to the ref to give Galbally the points.If the ref didn't agree to that then they should have played out the final 10 mins.
Galbally would have every right to feel hard done by if they are asked to play this again.

Hopefully someone honourable in Ardboe will take this approach, for the sake of their reputation at least.

Bendyerback

Quote from: Under Lights on July 03, 2018, 01:07:44 PM
Play the last ten minutes with the same players surly. Any players not available can be subbed with use of a sub. Galbally ten up. I don't see a problem here.

In all logic it makes sense, BUT! I don't think the rules allow for that to happen.

RedHand88

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on July 03, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

Hopefully someone honourable in Ardboe will take this approach, for the sake of their reputation at least.

::)

Bendyerback

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 03, 2018, 01:15:08 PM

I've good time for the people of Ardboe, there are many great people down there, but there's a load of young guns running the show down there now and I don't think they do reason. I've heard a lot of stories circulating recently and many have been verified. Unfortunately for them the football and cultural aspect of Ardboe GAA has succumbed to the power struggle and the tribal politics. 

LeoMc

Quote from: Bendyerback on July 03, 2018, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 03, 2018, 01:15:08 PM
I was in Galbally last night.Galbally were destroying a depleted Ardboe team,about to go 11 up and with 10 mins remaining God knows what the winning margin would’ve been.
I’m no medic and I can’t say how badly injured our keeper was but from my vantage point behind the goals he didn’t look to be in great nick.
Anyway,I’m not sure what the rule book says but I think Ardboe should’ve said to the ref to give Galbally the points.If the ref didn’t agree to that then they should have played out the final 10 mins.

I've good time for the people of Ardboe, there are many great people down there, but there's a load of young guns running the show down there now and I don't think they do reason. I've heard a lot of stories circulating recently and many have been verified. Unfortunately for them the football and cultural aspect of Ardboe GAA has succumbed to the power struggle and the tribal politics. 

Quote from: WT4E on July 02, 2018, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 02, 2018, 10:38:31 AM
Is it true that Moortown have only one player on their senior team from the back to back league and championship minor teams?? 

If thats true, what has happened?

Couldn't confirm that but heard there was a really big rift in the club involving that team. Remember thinking that with Moortown having that group of players coming through they could be back challenging at the top but never turned out that way.

Could it be time for Windmill to reform? Seems to be plenty of boys down round thee not getting football.

LeoMc

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 03, 2018, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 03, 2018, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: Oghams Law on July 03, 2018, 10:46:00 AM
Tyronegaa.ie has the next round of senior club fixtures down for sun 29th July ( the week break between round 2 & 3 of super 8s). Surely this will be pulled if Tyrone beat Cork? Or are they speculating that round 3 will be a dead rubber and this will go ahead? Confused as to why they would put it up if its almost certain to be pulled.
Could it be a starred round?
Alternatively they maybe want to have it pencilled in, incase Tyrone are beat. If they had nothing in they would be accused of ignoring the clubs and throwing games in at the last minute....

What I don't understand is why don't they release a statement and say right this is what's happening if Tyrone make the last 8. And here's what's going to happen if they don't. Saves any hassle and people know what's happening. And would be easy done as they'll already have it planned for either circumstance.
That would make too much sense. At a minimum they should be revising and republishing the Master fixture list as each either/or option is eliminated.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2018, 12:37:48 PM
game will surely have to be replayed? Result affects too many other teams?

Replayed as a starred fixture though????

redhandofgod

Galbally shouldn't benefit from a starred game anyway, they've no county players

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: redhandofgod on July 03, 2018, 02:06:21 PM
Galbally shouldn't benefit from a starred game anyway, they've no county players

I know that but by the time its played Tyrone may be out and what happens then if the county players are available!!

The County board need to bring the clubs together and award Galbally the points, or as play 10 minutes of football with galbally 10 up, you can be sure Ardboe will give up the points then

BIGONE

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on July 03, 2018, 02:08:53 PM

I know that but by the time its played Tyrone may be out and what happens then if the county players are available!!

The County board need to bring the clubs together and award Galbally the points, or as play 10 minutes of football with galbally 10 up, you can be sure Ardboe will give up the points then

Don't be silly - nonscense!

Bendyerback

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on July 03, 2018, 02:08:53 PM

I don't think that's possible according to the rules.

on the sideline

Quote from: Quarterback on July 03, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Pattern of events last night in the Galbally v Ardboe Game

10 Mins left to play in the second half and Galbally are about to go 11 points up from a short free
Galbally forward goes short, goal chance is on when there is a collision between Ardboe keeper and his own midfielder
Keeper is able to pull off a save AFTER the collision the proceeds to lie down
Ardboe manager runs straight to the referee and shouts 'Call an Ambulance' then goes to see how his player is
Keeper remains lying on the field for over an hour until ambulance comes
Meantime Ardboe players walk of the field including their well known manager and go home roughly around 10 mins after the initial incident with no concern for the 'seriously injured' keeper
Galbally offer to play the remainder of the game under lights - Ardboe don't agree and offer a point each
Keeper is later released from the hospital with a stiff neck!

If this is what happened and it was Ardboe walking off the pitch after the incident and Galbally wanting to finish it, rather than the referee abandoning the game, then the points will be awarded to Galbally.  If it wasn't the referees decision to finish the game then this is the only possible outcome.