Holy ****. He's one lucky fella!!
Testing Accessibility

Top of the hill

I would've dropped the feckin briefcase. only slowin him down
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

RMDrive

Ash Smoker

Fair play to him for managing to get the accelerator down to escape!
I think I would have hesitated.

The Watcher Pat

He was nippy enough to get right across the road there. If he had have even thought about dropping the briefcase he would have lost valuable secs and been hit.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ardmhachaabu

A bloke I went to school with once escaped certain death by jumping over a car which was going at about 80mph, silly ballix didn't look when he was crossing the road and literally jumped over the car...
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Since taking up cycling I've daily close shaves like that.

It is really interesting seeing how the body and minds reacts though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 22, 2009, 08:14:28 PM

Hows the cycling going?
Bought a bike myself at the weekend,took it out last night for a spin for the first time and done 10k..felt grand and wasn't too sore this morning or anything
Went out tonight and I was fucked after  about 2 or 3k and had to come home I was that wreaked
WTF  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2009, 09:49:05 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 22, 2009, 08:14:28 PM

Hows the cycling going?
Bought a bike myself at the weekend,took it out last night for a spin for the first time and done 10k..felt grand and wasn't too sore this morning or anything
Went out tonight and I was fucked after  about 2 or 3k and had to come home I was that wreaked
WTF  ???
It's going great, love it actually.  I'm only going on it about 7 weeks and when I started first after a couple of mile I was f**king wrecked!! Journey that was taking 40-45 mins 5-6 weeks ago is now taking 25 at my leisure. 
I go to and from work  - 3.5 mile each way every day, going in to the town or anything at the weekends, a couple of mile away I go on the bike rather than drive.  It's great.  What I like most about it is that it's very easy on the body, I'd stiff thighs at the beginning and an odd sore arse but nothing now.  I actually can't wait to get away on the bike at times, I think it's the only form of exercise I've ever enjoyed!

Stick at it, I couldnt believe how quickly I got use to it.

and of course you're not going to do 10k last night and tonight again if you're not use to it.

The Real Laoislad

Probably done too much last night.
Im very sore now though at the moment,legs,arms thighs etc..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2009, 10:16:12 PM
Arms? what were you doing with your arms?

The sore arse I had the first week or so was bad.  Last week I was doing a good speed and my foot slipped of the pedal and it flew round and hit me on the heal, that was f**king sore!!! (for days).  I havent fallen off it yet, touch wood, but I have had several close shaves with cars.

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 22, 2009, 10:16:12 PM

I would say one arm was sorer than the other. :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

I very nearly married someone from Armagh but didn't in the end. That was a lucky escape
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

under the bar

I've started a bit of cycling myself but got a mountain bike instread of a racer and think I've made the wrong choice.  I don;t think the monuntain bike is good for a long distance.  Although the seats comfy it's hard to get a comfortable riding posture (fnar!).   It's either that or my gut and maybe a racer wouldn't make a blind bit of difference? ???