Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Sean Cavanagh doesn't know difference between nationality and jurisdiction. Good news is we are best volunteer organisation In world and will outlast professional sports

BigBallWeeBall

All very quiet in The GAA world. Anyone some good news or something different to report, I'm fed up being sad and dancing with my sister. Cmon lads give us a few stories about illegal pitch usage, any transfer rumours and how managers are managing on furlough... Lol

paddyjohn

McGourtys have come back to the county set up apart from CJ, he's signed for Ardboe and Tyrone. Damien Cassidy still getting 100k a year in Toome and a years supply of eels.

Belfast GAA man

Tough times  here my Good/Bad GAA news

Good - pitches looking greaT / players gettign all injuries cleared up / shouldnt hear about burnout for a long time / charity fundraising

Bad - GAA wanting to take return to action Slower than Govt advice / Irish News snorefest

BigBallWeeBall

Thanks Kenny : shafting club players. Elitist crap

imtommygunn

I read this earlier wondering who the hell kenny was until I saw an article on Lenny's comments.

Inter county really should not come back first. Makes no sense.

Belfast GAA man

Really Lenny? everyone is locked down and stir crazy and you want the few to get out and about and back to normal - wise up and Think of others

Milltown Row2

Anyone put up the interview?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Stillwater2

It's on BBC NI Sport website Darren.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on May 27, 2020, 10:27:46 AM
It's on BBC NI Sport website Darren.

Read it, I see his view on it, less hassle for 32 ' teams' than thousands of teams starting back right across the country.

Personally I want it back but when it's safe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Come on MR2 stop closing ranks with your club matE. 
First priority is getting the kids back out before the adults

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 27, 2020, 10:12:29 PM
Come on MR2 stop closing ranks with your club matE. 
First priority is getting the kids back out before the adults

You didn't read my post then? I said I want it back, when it's safe. I can see his point because it's safer to look after 32 county teams, rather than thousands of kids and adult players.

In your view you want kids back, that's fine. That's your view, I just want people to play once it's safe

Belfast GAA man

I do undeRstand its easier to get less teams out I Just think all GAA energies should be getting used on plans to get the kids on pitches again and not on small number of adults by comparison - Lenny was just me me me - not like him actually

bannside

Just listened to Whitey and Anto there in conversation about our victory over Down in 2000. What a day that was. Thanks for bringing back the memories. Brian Hugh and JC were a very good management team, all great passionate Antrim Gaa men.

I was taking a training session with Antrim under 16s that morning and after it was over we all headed down to Casement for the game. I told them to meet outside the gate and we would all walk in together. I pulled up with 200 Antrim Flags I had got made during the week and gave all the players a batch each to give away to Antrim supporters in the crowd. That was the time no one would have bought a flag so I think the players might have got some surprise when they ran onto the pitch and seen the colour. The truth was we knew it was on the cards. Antrim had beaten Galway two weeks before in a tough pre championship challenge down in Galway, so I wasnt surprised. I think it was Barney Eastwood who paid for the flags in the end. What a day...I saw a lot of tears being shed that the monkey was finally off our back. A great group who stood even taller a few weeks later in another classic against Derry. The best of times...

Gold

Quote from: bannside on May 28, 2020, 09:36:26 PM
Just listened to Whitey and Anto there in conversation about our victory over Down in 2000. What a day that was. Thanks for bringing back the memories. Brian Hugh and JC were a very good management team, all great passionate Antrim Gaa men.

I was taking a training session with Antrim under 16s that morning and after it was over we all headed down to Casement for the game. I told them to meet outside the gate and we would all walk in together. I pulled up with 200 Antrim Flags I had got made during the week and gave all the players a batch each to give away to Antrim supporters in the crowd. That was the time no one would have bought a flag so I think the players might have got some surprise when they ran onto the pitch and seen the colour. The truth was we knew it was on the cards. Antrim had beaten Galway two weeks before in a tough pre championship challenge down in Galway, so I wasnt surprised. I think it was Barney Eastwood who paid for the flags in the end. What a day...I saw a lot of tears being shed that the monkey was finally off our back. A great group who stood even taller a few weeks later in another classic against Derry. The best of times...

Class BS

If only we'd more like you

Class day...minor match roasting, senior game in a deluge and hailstones
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."